Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/26/2002 6:37:40 PM EDT
Does anyone here think that the rise of concealed carry states will eventually lead to either a rise in or sustained "gun culture?"

For example, take a suburban kid who never gets a chance to plink with a .22, but occasionally sees his dad packing a compact 9mm.  Is this an opportunity to spread the "gun culture" where there otherwise wouldn't be one?  Maybe these kids are more comfortable around guns.  Maybe they will be double talking soccer parents (I want my gun, but to heck with the rest of you).

I dunno.  What do you think?

PS  I use "gun culture" in a positive way, and only because I didn't want to have to type "an individual who loves their freedoms and is comfortable being armed 24/7."

EDITED before any posts were added to this topic to say please discuss your choice.  This is something that I just thought of in the midst of doing housework today.

EDITED to hit a typo.  Hope there ain't any more.  Also to fix title so it fits.
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 7:08:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 7:30:57 PM EDT
[#2]
the only bad thing i c about CCW is the whole its ok as long as you get a "Permit"

other then that i tottaly agree with it
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 7:43:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I think it's damaging long-term to RKBA.  I've noticed several people that were originally "fence sitters" on gun issues, but because of concealed carry, now lean more anti.  I personally believe in a Vermont style system (no permit required and you're not treated like a sex offender for a chance to obtain a permit), but not everyone is comfortable with that.

the only bad thing i c about CCW is the whole its ok as long as you get a "Permit"
View Quote

That's the catch!  I'm still fighting for mine.z
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top