Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/17/2017 1:50:21 PM EDT
So I've been wanting a way to carry in a gym and I've been wondering about golf shorts.  They're not just plain cotton, Bette usually very flexible and sweat proof/moisture wicking materials so I was wondering what you guys would suggest as far as golf shorts.

Extra points if you actually use them to workout but I'll take suggestions from guys who just use them to play golf too.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 1:51:54 PM EDT
[#1]
If it has belt loops, alien gear cloak tuck
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 1:53:39 PM EDT
[#2]
If it has belt loops then Milt Sparks Summer Special.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 1:56:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Are you planning on actually wearing it IWB while you work out or just wanting to get it in the door and then stick it in a locker? Personally I wouldn't want to lift while carrying IWB, but more power to you if its comfortable.

As to the shorts, I have some Nike golf shorts that don't feel much different than running shorts. Only real difference is that most golf shorts don't have a full elastic waistband.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 1:58:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 1:59:55 PM EDT
[#5]
The Warfytr Liberty Holster doesn't require a belt
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 2:17:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Sorry I shoulda made clear I'm asking about the shorts.  I already have lots of holsters (AIWB).  

I also have holsters like the Pistol Wear but I just prefer actual holsters that attach to a belt which is why I'm wondering about golf shorts
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 2:21:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The Warfytr Liberty Holster doesn't require a belt
View Quote
Never seen that one before.  How's the retention with loose clothing like UA training shorts?
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 2:27:51 PM EDT
[#8]
How are you going to work out with a gun?
I suggest not to do it.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 2:29:48 PM EDT
[#9]
OK if you're just asking about shorts - Target sells Champion golf shorts that are normally priced $30 but go on sale for like $18 frequently. I have two pairs, I wear them everywhere. Great outdoor/active shorts. 
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 2:34:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
OK if you're just asking about shorts - Target sells Champion golf shorts that are normally priced $30 but go on sale for like $18 frequently. I have two pairs, I wear them everywhere. Great outdoor/active shorts. 
View Quote
  I prefer a rugby shorts myself, nice and short 
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 2:36:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
How are you going to work out with a gun?
I suggest not to do it.
View Quote
i do it daily
Ride bike, jog, treadmill all with my little ruger lcp.  I put a little clip on the slide of the gun and wear it inside a size 1 holster iwb next to my hip clipped onto my basketball shorts. If I'm running I clip it over the elastic of my underwear and the shorts keep it in place.
Just dry and oil as you get it sweaty
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 2:43:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Golf shorts I usually do a J-Frame with Desantis Clip Grip, and a kydex trigger cover that I tie off to one of my belt loops.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 2:45:53 PM EDT
[#13]
I usually pocke carry in cargo shorts. When I get to the gym I transfer my pocket carry to my belly band. That's how I carry at the gym.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top