Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/16/2009 11:00:38 PM EDT
Conan and The Tonight Show...a good matchup?

Personally, I think he rocks.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:06:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Conan is like Letterman was 15 years ago.
Letterman has turned into a huge Douchebag
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:12:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I always have like Conan.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:15:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Conan is funny. I'm almost getting to the point where I like him better than Leno.

Jimmy Fallon is the big flop/let down, IMO. Of the maybe dozen times I've watched it, I've only lasted maybe 10 minutes. Horrible...
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:15:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Was Letterman really off the wall goofy when he first started out?

I personally like that about Conan, he doesn't take himself too seriously...or even remotely seriously at all.

Letterman seems to think he's gods gift to television, which is far from being an endearing trait.

I do miss Leno though, he had a very different style from Conan but his monologue was usually pretty great.  He also writes a car column in Popular Mechanics that I really enjoy, seems like a really decent guy.  I like both Conan and Leno, but for different reasons.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:18:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Sorry charlie, the Tonight Show ceased to exist for me when Johnny Carson walked off the set for the last time.........................................

Fuck Leno and Conan!
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:18:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Conan is awesome.  He pokes at everybody and doesn't seem like a fucking libtard like Letterman
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:32:18 PM EDT
[#7]
CONAN is the fucking man. NBC's late night star shines bright.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:41:24 PM EDT
[#8]
I've like Conan for a long time.  Wasn't he part of the reasons why Chuck Norris all of a sudden was being mentioned all over the internet when Conan started airing ridiculous clips from Walk Texas Ranger?
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:49:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I personally like that about Conan, he doesn't take himself too seriously...or even remotely seriously at all.

Letterman seems to think he's gods gift to television, which is far from being an endearing trait.

I do miss Leno though, he had a very different style from Conan but his monologue was usually pretty great.  He also writes a car column in Popular Mechanics that I really enjoy, seems like a really decent guy.  I like both Conan and Leno, but for different reasons.

I actually met Jay Leno 6 years ago at Laguna Seca during a classic car race. He was a very nice guy and was willing to talk to some people for a bit, even though he was there just to admire cars. On stage or around old cars, the guy is in his element
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 12:03:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I actually met Jay Leno 6 years ago at Laguna Seca during a classic car race. He was a very nice guy and was willing to talk to some people for a bit, even though he was there just to admire cars. On stage or around old cars, the guy is in his element

That's awesome!  He's pretty high on my list of people I'd like to meet someday.  My parents got to see him do standup about 10 years back at some huge GE dinner thing, I was pretty jealous.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 12:18:53 AM EDT
[#11]
I view Conan as the best late night host ever. The guy is simply a riot. Not only is he funny as hell, but he also is willing to make himself the butt of his jokes the majority of the time. It is one thing to make fun of others, but when you can constantly makes jokes about yourself, that is something entirely different. Conan basically has every element you would want in a comedy show host.

BTW, I have to also give credit where it is due. It isn't just Conan. It is also the writers and supporting cast he has around him. Every single one of them are top notch and I am glad they moved over to the Tonight Show with him. They are a team that works together in perfect sync, like a well oiled machine. They have chemistry. That certainly played no small role in the success of Conan's shows.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 12:54:19 AM EDT
[#12]
I havent seen Conan on Tonite yet. I am pretty sure he will be great.

Letterman was inovative when he first started. And carried that thru
for many years. When he went to CBS, and got a big paycheck, he seemed
to change for the worse. Too serious, and preoccupied with himself. But,
yeah, the early years were good stuff.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 7:32:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That rocks!  I like Carson and Leno, but I think Conan is my favorite of the three.  I'm sure Leno was very nice in person
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 7:37:04 AM EDT
[#14]
I like Conan's show much better than that douche nozzle Letterman
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 7:38:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Fallon was a let down, I dislike that Roots band or whatever the fuck they call themselves.

Conan is great, hopefully he doesn't F it up.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 7:44:49 AM EDT
[#16]
Have yet to see it as I don't watch tv much anymore. But I loved him back in the old days at late night. Especially when he had Andy on there with him. Those were some HILARIUS days.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 7:52:46 AM EDT
[#17]
I don't normally watch any of the late night shows, but I saw a few of the Conan Tonight Shows on Hulu. The first couple were kind of iffy, but the one with Norm MacDonald was pretty great. He seems to be getting his groove back.

I wish they would let Andy back on the couch, though. He doesn't really do anything and it is a huge waste.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 9:36:30 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Have yet to see it as I don't watch tv much anymore. But I loved him back in the old days at late night. Especially when he had Andy on there with him. Those were some HILARIUS days.

This, random favorites would be the "saga" he had feuding with Michael Bolton haha and the Trip to Finalnd

http://www.hulu.com/watch/58643/late-night-with-conan-obrien-conan-in-finland
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 9:41:22 AM EDT
[#19]
Late night TV, no, TV in it's whole, is a buch of freaking fail. Who the F cares if Conan is whatever? Why? Throw the TV in the trash and you will be amazed at how much time you have to actualy do something productive.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 9:41:46 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

No..

Conan is a hack on 'Late Night'...

He'll be just as much of a hack (dog puppet & all) on 'Tonight'....

Leno will be missed...

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 11:05:00 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Late night TV, no, TV in it's whole, is a buch of freaking fail. Who the F cares if Conan is whatever? Why? Throw the TV in the trash and you will be amazed at how much time you have to actualy do something productive.

Like posting on the internet about tv shows?

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 11:15:43 AM EDT
[#22]
Conan owns all.

Gold standard.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 11:17:12 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 11:19:31 AM EDT
[#24]
I've been a fan of Conan since he took over Late Night.  I love him as the Tonight Show host.

I don't know if he's necessarily better than Johnny Carson, though.  I think time will have to tell.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 11:27:31 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I've been a fan of Conan since he took over Late Night.  I love him as the Tonight Show host.

I don't know if he's necessarily better than Johnny Carson, though.  I think time will have to tell.

How is this even a question?

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 11:35:51 AM EDT
[#26]
Preparation H Raymond, Camel Toe Annie and FedEx Pope FTW  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I gotta give a shout out to the Masturbating Bear and Pimpbot too.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 11:43:20 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 11:46:46 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No..

Leno will be missed...

There you have it, proof positive that Conan is good and worth watching.

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 11:52:15 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

How is this even a question?

You have to understand that not everyone on this site grew up watching Johnny.  I wasn't allowed to watch late night television until about the time Conan took over Late Night, so I've pretty much grown up with Jay and Conan.

I've gone back and watched Johnny's shows though.  He was a damn funny guy, and one of Conan's inspirations I might add.  I think he was funnier than Jay, but I'm not sure yet about Conan since Conan just took over the show.  I haven't seen enough of Conan's Tonight Show to say either way.  That's just me though.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 11:58:41 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Quoted:

No..

Leno will be missed...

I've never seen someone so consistently wrong in my entire life. I am surprised you don't try to feed yourself through your nipples
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 12:03:20 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No..

Leno will be missed...

I've never seen someone so consistently wrong in my entire life. I am surprised you don't try to feed yourself through your nipples

He serves an important purpose, he's like the anti-litmus for a well-adjusted, happy life.

Have an opinion on government? Ask Dave_A. If he agrees with you you're in the wrong and should rethink things.

Wonder if something is funny, or entertaining? Ask Dave_A. If he says no, it's probably comedy gold.

Wonder if being sexually active is healthy? Dave_A offers a compelling case against abstension.

Not feeling good about yourself? Read a thread where Dave_A contributes, read the replies, and think to yourself "Well, at least I'm not that guy".

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 12:03:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, just like having a super gay avatar that has the word "Cock" in it. To each his own Francis.

FYI - I'm getting paid to bash your lame ass.

Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 12:30:11 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, just like having a super gay avatar that has the word "Cock" in it. To each his own Francis.

Wow, so you're on the clock huh? When did Taco Bell start letting their employees use the computer?

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 12:32:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah...so productive

http://i40.tinypic.com/4t338m.jpg
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 12:32:15 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Between not watching TV and putting the groceries in the bag as they race down the conveyor belt, I'm surprised you find time for the bashing, quite frankly, but you have bested me with an intellect honed by many hours of ignoring the brain draining mass media indoctrination. I cannot compete. The children of my children will still be living down the merciless beating you have bestowed upon me, good man. I pray for the day when the memory of this event crumbles like the sands falling through an hourglass, counting the moments until my favorite show bathes me in its soothing light.

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 12:36:06 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

You sound like your 12. What a moron, don't even have a membership and you go talking shit? Guess Subway does not pay so well.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 12:39:12 PM EDT
[#37]
Ass. Conan sucks it.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 12:40:05 PM EDT
[#38]
Meh, he's better than I thought he was going to be.....
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 12:43:37 PM EDT
[#39]
I haven't watched it.  My mom watches Letterman.  She went on and on the other day about how everyone is STILL flocking to Letterman to get on his show.

I want my own talk show.  "The Deej Show" would be held on a gun range and not a soundstage.  That way, I can have Old_Painless and others on and first we can talk and then we can shoot.

Wouldn't be popular with the MSM, but fuck'm.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 12:44:03 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

No..

Leno will be missed...

He serves an important purpose, he's like the anti-litmus for a well-adjusted, happy life.

Have an opinion on government? Ask Dave_A. If he agrees with you you're in the wrong and should rethink things.

Wonder if something is funny, or entertaining? Ask Dave_A. If he says no, it's probably comedy gold.

Wonder if being sexually active is healthy? Dave_A offers a compelling case against abstension.

Not feeling good about yourself? Read a thread where Dave_A contributes, read the replies, and think to yourself "Well, at least I'm not that guy".

Classic...there's a sig line in it somewhere!
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 12:49:35 PM EDT
[#41]
Done...see below.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 12:53:21 PM EDT
[#42]

Better quality here:

http://www.hulu.com/watch/58209/late-night-with-conan-obrien-hunter-s-thompson
(If Conan is an anti-gun type, I sure hope he keeps it to himself! I'd hate to boycott him.)

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 12:56:11 PM EDT
[#43]
There will never be another Johnny Carson.

That said, Conan O'Brien is damn funny. A nice combo of razor-sharp whit, weirdness, and self-deprecating gags.

And hey, what about that masturbating bear?  
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 12:57:32 PM EDT
[#44]
I wouldn't know since I gave up watching the "big 3" networks a long time ago....
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 1:04:47 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Sorry charlie, the Tonight Show ceased to exist for me when Johnny Carson walked off the set for the last time.........................................

Fuck Leno and Conan!

Fuck Carson, Leno and Conan!

Jack Benny was the best.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 1:06:00 PM EDT
[#46]
HIs first few episodes were rocky, but with that long of a break from being on stage, who wouldn't be?

Now that he's getting back into his groove, hes doing an excellent job.  I enjoyed him before, and I enjoy it ever more now that I can watch him an hour earlier.

Jimmy Fallon needs to GTFO.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 8:57:43 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Says the guy surfing arfcom GD.  Yeah, being productive obviously matters a lot to you .
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 4:04:41 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 4:16:45 AM EDT
[#49]
FAIL POLL

No option for " Never seen it".
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 4:29:09 AM EDT
[#50]
His jokes suck.
He is way to goofy,
He cant interview guests worth a shit,
and they need to change whoever is writing the jokes now.
Leno was ok, nothing beats  Carson tho.

I never liked him. He doesnt even do the  headlines or jaywalking kinda thing.

LAME
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top