Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 5/4/2004 10:12:00 PM EDT
Well, more a what am I doing wrong problem. When I try to get to the Lightfighter Discussion Forums I get this....

Lightfighter Tactical Forum

Your browser does not support these pages. Please upgrade your browser if you choose to view this site.

Supported browsers are: Internet Explorer 5.5+, Netscape 7+, Mozilla, Safari and Opera 7+.

I'm running IE6 with Norton Internet Security and I assume that's the genesis of the problem, I just can't figure out what it is.

Help me pleeze.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 10:14:09 PM EDT
Temporarily disable your firewall and see if it loads.

SGtar15
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 10:16:10 PM EDT
Tried that and it still doesn't load.

Ironically, at work, with a monitored system with some content blocking, I get on with no problem.

Now what?
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 10:17:00 PM EDT
Turn off modem and router.

Restart everything.

That or maybe the board is down...whats the link?

SGtar15
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 10:17:32 PM EDT
Nortons Internet Security sucks. It's too strict with your surfing habits. Try Zonealarm!
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 10:44:29 PM EDT
Uninstall stupid software firewall

Buy hardware router/firewall unit

DONE, no more problem

Seriously, software 'firewalls' provide absolutely no protection against network worms (ala CodeRed, Blaster, Nachi & Welchia) since worms spread at the OS level, not the application level.

No firewall will help with viruses & e-mail worms, since firewalls screen IP packets & ports, not mail messages & files.

The only way to have an effective firewall is to use a separate independant device, running a firmware OS loaded off a read-only medium (eg NOT A PC, ESP NOT A WINDOWS PC). If you run a firewall on Windows, the worms will just come in 'underneath' the wall.

Software firewalls are the most useless products since 'RAM Doublers'...
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 11:09:52 PM EDT
I've turned everything off a few times, still no joy. The link to get there.....scrol down to the part where they state their forum satrted in 2002, that links to it. I do it from work all the time.

Lightfighter
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 11:25:36 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Dave_A:
Uninstall stupid software firewall

Buy hardware router/firewall unit

DONE, no more problem

Seriously, software 'firewalls' provide absolutely no protection against network worms (ala CodeRed, Blaster, Nachi & Welchia) since worms spread at the OS level, not the application level.

No firewall will help with viruses & e-mail worms, since firewalls screen IP packets & ports, not mail messages & files.

The only way to have an effective firewall is to use a separate independant device, running a firmware OS loaded off a read-only medium (eg NOT A PC, ESP NOT A WINDOWS PC). If you run a firewall on Windows, the worms will just come in 'underneath' the wall.

Software firewalls are the most useless products since 'RAM Doublers'...

Thanks for the advice.

Me a computer moron.
Top Top