Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/29/2004 8:54:47 PM EDT
I've spilled the last beer on my old computer key board--  Where can i get a keyboard for my npc tower?  5 pins  in a half moon or circle configuration and about half an inch in diameter.  Any good sites to find hardware for an old pos puter?  thanks--VT
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 8:57:41 PM EDT
[#1]
buy a keyboard and go to radio shack ,buy the adapter for the small plug (keyboard)to the big plug(computer).
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 8:57:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Go to the stre they have an adapter for it.

I think its PS2 to AT is whats its called
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 8:58:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Hit a flea market or likewise old shit place and get an "AT" keyboard.

Don't fuck with an adapter...it will cost more than the shitty old AT keyboard will...
ETA WTF is a stre?
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 5:37:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Go to a used computer store.  No sense in buying a $20 new keyboard with an adaptor when you can just buy a used keyboard for $5.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 5:51:55 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Go to the stre they have an adapter for it.

I think its PS2 to AT is whats its called

+1

p.s. stop buying so many guns and upgrade your pc!!
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 6:07:42 AM EDT
[#6]
I love my old keyboard.  It's the old 'click' type.  It was made in '92 and has a current interface, but is an even older design.  It is steel, has a long grey 'coil' cord, and was made in the US (indicative of age).  It doesn't have hotkeys, but it's large and has space between the key segments (everythings not jammed together).  

This thing to me is like Miltons (of office space fame) red stapler.  In fact, this keyboard follows me from computer to computer and job to job.  I generally set aside the keyboards I get with my work issue computers.

LONG LIVE THE CLICK!!!
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 6:28:24 AM EDT
[#7]
I went to CompUSA and they had a Memorex SPILL-PROOF keyboard for $12, minus $6 instant savings, minus $6 mail-in rebate.  I picked it up for a grand total of 47 cents!
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 8:07:32 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I love my old keyboard.  It's the old 'click' type.  It was made in '92 and has a current interface, but is an even older design.  It is steel, has a long grey 'coil' cord, and was made in the US (indicative of age).  It doesn't have hotkeys, but it's large and has space between the key segments (everythings not jammed together).  

This thing to me is like Miltons (of office space fame) red stapler.  In fact, this keyboard follows me from computer to computer and job to job.  I generally set aside the keyboards I get with my work issue computers.

LONG LIVE THE CLICK!!!

Oh yeah,  I have two identical ergonomic (but non Microsoft) keyboards.  One I use at home and one for work.  I've been using these same keyboards for 9 years now and they are absolutely great.  They have the old AT type connectors now with adapters for PS2.  I don't know what I am going to do when PS2 is replaced with USB or whatever on future motherboards.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top