Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 11/3/2001 9:18:57 AM EDT
Like for instance turning this thread into a picture? Is it possible to do so through 'print' or 'save as' commands? I am using Win. 98. TIA!!
Link Posted: 11/3/2001 9:44:02 AM EDT
You can save individual pics by clicking on the pic, right click on the mouse - "save picture as". If you want to save the whole page, click on the File menu, click "save as". Is this what you meant/want?
Link Posted: 11/3/2001 9:50:52 AM EDT
No, I know the above, I need to turn the whole webpage into a pic (menu, text, pictures, links, banner, etc.) if possible. I was wondering if it could all be turned into a .bmp file then I'd convert it to .jpg for file size reduction.
Link Posted: 11/3/2001 10:46:29 AM EDT
Well, it's not a screenshot but you can go up to the top of the IE browser to the "View" button and then click on "source" in the menu button. Copy all of the text into a text file then go back and save every BMP or JPG on that page for later use. Then upload that text file as an HTML file to your webpage and upload the correct bmp and jpg files, it will be a duplicate of that webpage in basically every way except for on your website domain or page. Or to save them as a image file just hit "print screen" and open up the "paint" program usually found on any computer, just paste into there with the ctrl+v command. It will only be a screen shot of what is on the screen so if you miss something you might have to scroll down through the page to get it all and upload 3-4 images to get everything.
Link Posted: 11/3/2001 10:55:36 AM EDT
Originally Posted By uglygun: Or to save them as a image file just hit "print screen" and open up the "paint" program usually found on any computer, just paste into there with the ctrl+v command. It will only be a screen shot of what is on the screen so if you miss something you might have to scroll down through the page to get it all and upload 3-4 images to get everything.
View Quote
Exactly what I needed, thanks!!! U.G. this is for you - [url]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=106997&a=781902&p=40353969&Sequence=0&res=high[/url]
Link Posted: 11/3/2001 12:13:45 PM EDT
UH I can find Print and Print preview But no"print screen" Yes I am ignorant,but not stupid. Everything I know about PCs came from this site. cpermd
Link Posted: 11/3/2001 12:16:56 PM EDT
Hold down the shift key, then push and hold down ALT key, then push the Print Screen/SysRq key. Then, open up wordpad, photoshop, or paint and hit control-v or goto paste under the edit menu.
Link Posted: 11/3/2001 12:17:48 PM EDT
BTW, Macintoshes have a print screen choice under I believe the file menu, but PC's don't have a menu choice for it.
Link Posted: 11/3/2001 12:27:48 PM EDT
cpermd, the Print Screen key is on the keyboard to right of F12.
Link Posted: 11/3/2001 12:32:10 PM EDT
TOO KEWL Thak you KEVIN I have learned a shitload here from you guys! Thanks again cpermd Kevin You need any parts,uppers,lowers,stocks,etc? cpermd
Link Posted: 11/3/2001 3:18:32 PM EDT
Print Screen = Captures the entire screen ATL + Print Screen = Captures the active window I can't remember what the CTR, or Shift + Print Screen does. I always wondered why there are so many "Screen Capture" programs out there, since this has been available since good old Windows 3.1
Link Posted: 11/3/2001 4:29:50 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/3/2001 6:08:50 PM EDT
Originally Posted By DVDTracker: Damn, even I learned something new today. I've always just done printscreen then cropped it down to what I needed. Thanks!
View Quote
No problem. I am a keyboard junkie [;)] My unix friends made fun of me and windows, always needing a mouse to do anything. So I made it point to learn how to drive WinBloze with just the keyboard. I have about 95% of all tasks in WinBloze with keyboard commands.
Link Posted: 11/3/2001 6:39:03 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/4/2001 2:40:37 PM EDT
THANK YOU!!! DVDTRACKER!!! I have been trying to remember that one for years now!! With that, I can now CTR+TAB to get to the icons on the desktop! Yes!!! Actually, I have gotten a little lazy. If I don't have a keyboard that doesn't have the "window" button, or "properties" button (like my laptop), I go crazy.
Link Posted: 11/4/2001 11:06:26 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/4/2001 11:12:34 PM EDT
Top Top