Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/7/2002 7:05:37 PM EDT
I have a stock Compaq w/AMD 500MHz and 184MB of ram. On some internet sites(including the NAKED TRUTH) video I am completely unable to download. It looks like it is downloading at 2400bps, I wait over 30 minutes and nothing happens. This also happens alot when using Netscape SmartDownload, it just stops downloading. I have DSL typically running around 684K.

Is this a software/hardware or settings issue. I would greatly appreciate any help as this puts a downer on surfing the web.
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 7:26:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 7:41:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't have a firewall set up. Sometimes SmartDownload works, sometimes not. In particular, The Naked Truth video that everyone likes on this board will not finish, just flashes loading forever. Other videos work fine, I can't seem to find any similarities in failures.
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 8:20:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Have you tried by-passing "Nutscrape DumbDownload"? Turn it off, possibly?

It also depends on what program the video is associtated with. MediaPlayer, QuickTime, RealPlayer, etc. These programs always fight over who is to play what.

Pick one of the players and go into it's settings and reset the file associations. Other than that, you may not have to proper Codec installed. That takes a bit to figure out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top