Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/23/2007 7:29:14 PM EDT
I need a PC for the car that would be used mainly to type reports using Microshaft Word. DO NOT WANT TO SPEND MONEY ON A NEWE ONE. I'd also like it to have a Wifi card, even if it was a USB plug-in dongle. I'd also like to install a DVD in it so that I could watch movies, etc while on the road...

I have been looking at used and refurb laptops and found some used GoBooks on Egay. It would be nice to have a spill proof keyboard and something rugged enough that it could take a tumble into the floorboard if I had to stop suddenly. The lighted keyboard would also be a big plus.

Would this work for what I need? Specs below...I've also provided a link here if anyone needs a closer inspection. It looks like they might have a few of them for sale.

Once Again, Thanks for all your help!

Linky

Manufacturer: ITRONIX
Mfg Item Number: IX250-850
Dealtree Lot Number: 1125060
Quantity Available: 1  

Click images to enlarge

Pictures Shown may be stock photos

Product Condition Notes (about this specific item):
Overall Condition: Tested Working
Cosmetic Condition: Some scratches and/or signs of use
Testing Notes: This item is working. This item is not in the original box.
The item has been tested and appears to be in good working order.
NOTE: Memory: 128 MB
Processor Type and Speed: 850 MHz Celeron
CD-ROM
Video/Graphics Card: Integrated Graphics
Speakers: Built-In
Sound Card: ESS Audio
Modem: 56k
Ethernet: 10/100 Port
Pointing Device Type: Touchpad
USB Ports: 1 USB Port
Media Reader Slots: 1 PCMCIA Slot
AC Adapter/Power Cord
O/S Installed: Windows 2000
O/S Restore Partition
Display Size (Inches Diagonal): 12.1
Hard Drive Capacity: 20 GB Items Included:
Notebook Computer
Battery
AC Adapter
AC Power Cord
Windows Operating System
Windows License Key
Items NOT included:
Windows Installation CD
Application/Drivers CD
Manuals
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 7:39:38 PM EDT
[#1]
www.dell.com/content/segmenter.aspx?s=dfo

Don't know your price range, but there are some decent deals from the Dell outlet store.  Anywhere from canceled orders, to factory refurbs.  I think Dell kicks in a warranty with it--not sure.

My next laptop will be one of the previous ordered new laptops.

ETA:  Of course now the search function on Dell's site is broken until "16 Feb at 3:00 AM".  Isn't it the 23rd????
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 7:53:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I appreciate the input, but I won't be buying anything from Michael Dell or Tim Leatherman anything soon. They both don't need my money for their left-wing agenda.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top