Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/22/2002 12:09:45 PM EDT
There are millions of laws that govern "us" with consequences that try to control citizen behavior. Thats what we call a society.

However, there is only one document that tries to control our government and gives guarantees on our Rights. (The Constution .. ie.. Bill of Rights)

Now it seems to me that the evolution / or / de evoultion, however you want to put it, of our country is in a compromise to slavery. It is so much easier for govenment to forget about  the regulations that are suppose to keep them in line and write thousands of new laws to keep you in line; under the emotions of: for the children, we need change, and safety.

Be guaranteed that some day, some bureacrat, with a new law in hand and around budget time; will love to throw many of us on the heaping mound of justice just to make a point that your tax dollars aren't really wasted.

What I'm curious about is what do you guys think about what I have said.

Should anyone care? I mean life is too short. The Govt is a legal version of the mob; always has been always will.

The principles of being an American is just propaganda? Really the US is a smelting pot and we are bond to self destruction anyway.

Do you think there is anything that can change this? Or do people only pay attention to the things that hit them broad side. (Like 9/11) Then becoming mindless zombies again months later.

Will you cry if or when your an old man and the US is no longer the country it was suppose to be... free.
[USA]

By the way I hope I'm wrong.

Link Posted: 4/22/2002 12:29:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
There are millions of laws that govern "us" with consequences that try to control citizen behavior. Thats what we call a society.

However, there is only one document that tries to control our government and gives guarantees on our Rights. (The Constution .. ie.. Bill of Rights)

Now it seems to me that the evolution / or / de evoultion, however you want to put it, of our country is in a compromise to slavery. It is so much easier for govenment to forget about  the regulations that are suppose to keep them in line and write thousands of new laws to keep you in line; under the emotions of: for the children, we need change, and safety.

Be guaranteed that some day, some bureacrat, with a new law in hand and around budget time; will love to throw many of us on the heaping mound of justice just to make a point that your tax dollars aren't really wasted.

What I'm curious about is what do you guys think about what I have said.

Should anyone care? I mean life is too short. The Govt is a legal version of the mob; always has been always will.

The principles of being an American is just propaganda? Really the US is a smelting pot and we are bond to self destruction anyway.

Do you think there is anything that can change this? Or do people only pay attention to the things that hit them broad side. (Like 9/11) Then becoming mindless zombies again months later.
View Quote
I don't mean to be an A-hole or rude, but I dont understand what you are trying to say. Laws make us slaves and thus violate the constitution? why the country is going downhill?
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 12:49:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I think I understand what he's trying to say:

1) The Government is kept in check by our insistence that it follows the Constitution.

2) We are kept in check by the Government's insistence that we follow its ever-expanding array of laws.

Who is doing a better job?

Is this what you meant?

And that day when...

[b]".. some bureacrat, with a new law in hand and around budget time; will love to throw many of us on the heaping mound of justice just to make a point that your tax dollars aren't really wasted"[/b]

That will come courtesy of the "Office of Homeland Security."

Not in this administration, but a more liberal, anti-2nd Amendment one.  The one that labels any law-abiding gun owner as a "Terrorist"

Link Posted: 4/22/2002 1:24:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Nodda, this is the office of homeland security.
For the purposes of national security you are required to cease and desist all anti-American rhetoric immediately of we will institute situational controls in accordance with executive orders.  
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 1:26:01 PM EDT
[#4]
NSA this is OHS.
We need an ARM21 satellite to reposition for a citizen control situation.

NSA:  Roger, targeting satellite…….  .
NSA:  target must retransmit so we can lock and fire.
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 1:27:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Nodda, this is the office of homeland security.  We apologize for stepping on your constitutional rights.  Please reply to this e-mail.  We just want to be friends.  
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 1:45:48 PM EDT
[#6]
MD got it...  

It's just my belief that all nations are created out of extremes and what they feel is important and they love they loose and become what they dispise when they fall.

I just was getting up on my soapbox to see what others feel on the subject.

By the way 308... being paranoid is not always being paranoid.. [:)] Yah.. I know you got watch those satelites.. huh?
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 2:18:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I think I understand what he's trying to say:

1) The Government is kept in check by our insistence that it follows the Constitution.

2) We are kept in check by the Government's insistence that we follow its ever-expanding array of laws.

Who is doing a better job?

Is this what you meant?

And that day when...

[b]".. some bureacrat, with a new law in hand and around budget time; will love to throw many of us on the heaping mound of justice just to make a point that your tax dollars aren't really wasted"[/b]

That will come courtesy of the "Office of Homeland Security."
View Quote
With all due respect, that could from any office, OHS or not, any time (including any time in the past).  The OHS does not offer any new opportunity; to obsess over the OHS is paranoid and too late. Any tension between the government's restriction by the people (via the constitution), and restrictions on people by the government has ALWAYS existed.
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 2:44:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Avto... I don't know enough to have a debate on the subject of the Office of Homeland Security.. I kinda have a wait and see attitude on that subject.

However, I can say this: When are country was founded there were approx. 1/1,000,000 the laws on the books than now.

Have a question. If total freedom is chaos (which no one I think truly wants) and total order slavery. (which again no one really wants)  Where do you think we are now as a country.
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 4:19:22 PM EDT
[#9]
1.I get compensated financially for my work.

2. I have the ultimate gun collection.

No, I do not feel like a slave.
I do feel as though I live amongst people who would like to legislate me into slavery though.
See number two above!
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 5:15:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
However, I can say this: When are country was founded there were approx. 1/1,000,000 the laws on the books than now.

Have a question. If total freedom is chaos (which no one I think truly wants) and total order slavery. (which again no one really wants)  Where do you think we are now as a country.
View Quote
Well, if we could make a sliding scale, with slavery on one end, and total freedom on the other, I sure as hell couldnt tell you where we were, if that was possible (or if its possible to reach either end).  However, I dont think the bare number of laws is an indicator of where we are. Lots has changed since 1776; more wealth, land, people, etc., and it leads to more laws. we may not like them, but that doesnt mean we are "slaves," or moving towards slavery.  Furthermore, I don't think we are necessarily "less free" than we were in 1776.  Heck the bulk of the BIil of Rights didn't even apply to the states until the past 50-60 years.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top