Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/22/2013 6:17:53 AM EDT

When leftist control freaks talk about compromise, what they mean is reducing a long list of ridiculous, one sided demands to a short list of ridiculous, one sided demands. That's not what compromise means though, is it? In the spirit of compromise, can you think of anything you're willing to compromise on regarding guns? I can't think of anything I'd be really happy with, but is there something that we'd actually be willing to compromise on? Assuming the other side were remotely interested in compromise, that is.

ETA: Dear sweet jeebus, you people suck at reading.

As an example: They get a requirement to show proof of a safety course to complete an FFL transfer, we get the Hughes amendment repealed.
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 6:18:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
When leftist control freaks talk about compromise, what they mean is reducing a long list of ridiculous, one sided demands to a short list of ridiculous, one sided demands. That's not what compromise means though, is it? In the spirit of compromise, can you think of anything you're willing to compromise on regarding guns? I can't think of anything I'd be really happy with, but is there something that we'd actually be willing to compromise on? Assuming the other side were remotely interested in compromise, that is.

nope
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 6:19:16 AM EDT
[#2]
FPNI
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 6:20:44 AM EDT
[#3]
To them - compromise means that you give them what they want.  A One Way Street.
I don't think so.
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 6:20:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Why should we, they dont. Just want to keep taking and taking and taking.

Whats next? Included in the two features. Trigger & Bolt
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 6:21:49 AM EDT
[#5]
We demand nfa be repealed and they get nothing. Turn their one sided "compromise" on them.
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 6:22:20 AM EDT
[#6]
The left doesn't want to compromise.

If we "compromise" much more there will be nothing left.
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 6:22:37 AM EDT
[#7]
My compromise would be the total repeal of USC Title 18 Sec 922 in it's entirety.
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 6:25:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Not that I necessarily support it, but my idea of an ACTUAL compromise would be, for example, we give them a requirement to show proof of having taken a safety course for FFL transfers and they repeal the Hughes amendment. Again, I'm not proposing that this is politically feasible, I'm just kinda thinking out loud.
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 6:26:01 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm done compromising...
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 6:29:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Compromise for them is like a mugger demanding all your money but settles for half...this time.  WTF kind of compromise is that?

Or a rapist wants to rape a woman in two holes but settles for one.  That's leftist compromise.

Link Posted: 1/22/2013 6:29:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Their idea of compromise is settling for only part of what they want now, planning always to ask for more later.  Compromise would involve them offering us something in exchange for us giving up something else, and you never hear about that.  If we lived in the land of fairies and make believe, where gun controllers would actually be interested in real compromise, we could talk about trading something or other for repealing the Hughes amendment, or lessening restrictions on suppressors, or nationwide concealed carry, or allowing interstate purchases of handguns.  Lots of things, really.  But we don't live there.
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 6:30:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I'm done compromising...

We haven't done any compromise. As I noted in my OP, what has happened so far has been the crazy gun man takes a bunch of hostages and our "negotiator" talks him into killing only two of them.
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 6:30:22 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Not that I necessarily support it, but my idea of an ACTUAL compromise would be, for example, we give them a requirement to show proof of having taken a safety course for FFL transfers and they repeal the Hughes amendment. Again, I'm not proposing that this is politically feasible, I'm just kinda thinking out loud.

NO.

The correct way to stuff their proposals is to make a long list of anti-gun-control demands: Repeal this/that, ad infinitum, ad nauseum. Then when they want to start talking compromise, only agree to take something off your list if they take something equally important off theirs. See if they don't immediately try to get you to throw out your own list in its entirety.

ETA:  That gives me an idea.
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 6:31:02 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

We demand nfa be repealed and they get nothing. Turn their one sided "compromise" on them.

This.

Compromise?  Hell no.  We need to rollback some of the stupidity that is already out there.
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 6:31:13 AM EDT
[#15]

That is all. I will not compromise one bit.
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 6:31:34 AM EDT
[#16]
I don't see anything in the 2nd. Amendment about the need to compromise.
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 6:33:19 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 6:33:46 AM EDT
[#18]
They ask for the stars and settle where they want to be- the moon.

Look at the retarded Feinstain bill- it's chock full of redundancies and overreaching. They allow it to get whittled back, screeching to high heaven about all the dead babies we'll have the whole time, and secretly smile inside, knowing they got exactly what they wanted all along: CONTROL.
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 6:34:18 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

There it is.

Link Posted: 1/22/2013 6:35:06 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Quoted:

NO.

The correct way to stuff their proposals is to make a long list of anti-gun-control demands: Repeal this/that, ad infinitum, ad nauseum. Then when they want to start talking compromise, only agree to take something off your list if they take something equally important off theirs. See if they don't immediately try to get you to throw out your own list in its entirety.

ETA:  That gives me an idea.

There we go. Much more realistic tactic. So our list is the 20,000 or so gun laws that are on the books, right?
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 6:36:45 AM EDT
[#21]
NINC!
NINC!
NINC!
NINC!
NINC!
NINC!
NINC!
NINC!
NINC!
NINC!
NINC!
NINC!
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 6:36:48 AM EDT
[#22]
Their version of "compromise" is that they just take LESS of what they originally wanted.

A real compromise would be they "close the gun show loophole" and we do away with the NFA.

Not saying we should compromise on anything, but my previous sentence would in fact be a compromise.
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 6:37:05 AM EDT
[#23]
If the left wants to pass a law to show they did something,  I agree to a law that makes murder against the law.  If they want to make violent crimes more illegal sure,  Other then that keep your laws off my guns.
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 6:37:12 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm done compromising...

We haven't done any compromise. As I noted in my OP, what has happened so far has been the crazy gun man takes a bunch of hostages and our "negotiator" talks him into killing only two of them.

what do you mean we haven't done any compromise?  That's all we've done for the last 25 years.  They want a ban and we compromised on models or features.
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 6:37:18 AM EDT
[#25]
The only possible (read: impossible) scenario that I'd agree to a compromise (if it were up to me at all) would be that I would accept universal background checks for all sales AS LONG AS THEY ARE NOT RECORDED and are completely anonymous. Seller gets an immediate Yes or No and that's it.

Now in order for me to agree to that, they'd have to allow photo ID laws to stand for voting, and have net tax "takers" voluntarily give up their right to vote or give up their benefits.

Compromise... is that how it works?
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 6:37:44 AM EDT
[#26]
No compromise with leftists period. They want everything, yet they offer nothing. It's even worse when they use incrementalism to achieve their goals. However our rights are never up for "negotiations."
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 6:37:55 AM EDT
[#27]
Why do we have these threads on a daily basis.... What part of, "shall not be infringed" do you not understand?
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 6:40:10 AM EDT
[#28]
Universal Background Checks System available to everyone (as in I, as a private seller can call to verify by drivers liscense number or some other ID to verify that a private sale is ok).

In return: Repeal NFA.
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 6:41:13 AM EDT
[#29]
They don't want compromise.....

THEY WANT ALL OF YOUR GUNS

Anything that they say to the contrary is

Link Posted: 1/22/2013 6:41:23 AM EDT
[#30]
Some of you guys NEVER learn
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 6:44:36 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm done compromising...

what do you mean we haven't done any compromise?  That's all we've done for the last 25 years.  They want a ban and we compromised on models or features.

Once again, that's not compromise. That's their side getting less of what they originally demanded and our side getting nothing.
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 6:45:13 AM EDT
[#32]
I had to jump through hoops to get my concealed carry permit. I should be able to have any rifle and any attachment for that rifle I can afford. Full auto, silencer, flare launcher, you name it. I have been checked out and licensed that is what they get. I get full access to all the stuff a citizen wants. That is what I get. This is the compromise we should have.
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 6:45:15 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
To them - compromise means that you give them what they want.  A One Way Street.

I don't think so.

ayup
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 6:46:01 AM EDT
[#34]
If your rights have been compromised it's pretty safe to say they've also been infringed upon....  

Link Posted: 1/22/2013 6:46:38 AM EDT
[#35]
We have been seriously compromised since 1968 that I can recall having been subjected to. NO MORE COMPROMISE!
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 6:47:01 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Why do we have these threads on a daily basis.... What part of, "shall not be infringed" do you not understand?

Because the war is still not won.
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 6:47:04 AM EDT
[#37]
Never cut a deal with the devil.
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 6:47:47 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

This was supposed to be different in that I wanted to talk about actual compromise, as politically infeasible as that might be. Unfortunately most of the mouth breathers in GD can't get past the title, didn't read the OP, and don't understand what the word "compromise" means.
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 6:48:15 AM EDT
[#39]
I will compromise in this fashion:

Imported and Domestic firearms  (basically all of them) will go through and FFL.

I dont much care for the NICS, but I will let it stand.

AWB is repealed, cans are legal, full auto is legal, any firearm is legal. Any mag cap. is legal.
I will agree we should not have ICBMs or other rockets, besides inert RPGs.
Restore a felons right, or leave them in jail.

Oversight of the BATFE, IRS, and EPA

Tougher stance on criminals, including public exacution.
reduce the welfare budget and use it to help those with mental issues.

Adherence to the BOL and US Constitution.

I think that is pretty fair, and this would reduce violent criminals
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 6:49:03 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because the war is still not won.

It will never be fully won

There will always be those who will do what they can to disarm us

There will always be those who are on 'our" side who wish to compromise with them.

Never surrender
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 6:51:05 AM EDT
[#41]
Compromise is always a step to the left of center.

Before you know it, you're off the road entirely.
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 6:54:31 AM EDT
[#42]
Well I'm reasonable.  I'm willing to compromise on the Nuke in every garage position.  
So a middle stance would put us at repeal of the trust bullshit and maybe a background check at the local PD for handguns SBRs and SBSs.
Of course no background check would be required for anyone with a Concealed Carry Permit in his or her possession.
Minimal records kept, Dealers to destroy all paperwork after three years.

Of course all magazines that exceed OSHA one-man lift standards should be banned.  
We are reasonable after all.
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 6:55:03 AM EDT
[#43]
Compromise? I would like to not feel like a criminal when I go to buy a gun. I shouldn't have to fill out forms and go through a background check to get my gun. I shouldn't have to ask the government to grant me MY RIGHT to a firearm and they most certainly SHOULD NOT tell me that I can't own a type of firearm that they feel is "too dangerous" for the public. It's not their decision.
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 6:55:53 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
FPNI

Yup now GTFO of here with that bullshit
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 6:55:54 AM EDT
[#45]
They get background checks on all guns and we get machine guns and suppressor a without stamps.
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 6:56:35 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I'm going with this.
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 6:57:15 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Of course all magazines that exceed OSHA one-man lift standards should be banned.  
We are reasonable after all.

I'm stealing that.
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 6:59:21 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

ETA: Dear sweet jeebus, you people suck at reading.

As an example: They get a requirement to show proof of a safety course to complete an FFL transfer, we get the Hughes amendment repealed.

Why in hell should we give them something that shouldn't be required to regain something that should've been legal all along?

Link Posted: 1/22/2013 6:59:33 AM EDT
[#49]
Fine.  Allow them to ban half of the population from owning guns.  Their half.  

In return, they repeal NFA and the Hughes Amendment for our half.  

Link Posted: 1/22/2013 7:00:37 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

I had to jump through hoops to get my concealed carry permit. I should be able to have any rifle and any attachment for that rifle I can afford. Full auto, silencer, flare launcher, you name it. I have been checked out and licensed that is what they get. I get full access to all the stuff a citizen wants. That is what I get. This is the compromise we should have.

Require a license in order to have/carry any weapon?  You, sir, are no friend of liberty: what you propose is a de facto 100% registration of gun owners.  On the heels of that...

Any list of any kind which catalogs any data about us must not ever be considered to be reasonable.  Do not even suggest that that is on the table.  In order to illustrate the gross violation this would be, put forth mandatory government ID cards in order to vote... they'll do you the favor of taking both 'Papers, please' ideas off the table.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top