Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/10/2001 12:33:21 PM EDT
 Does anyone know where to get brass, bullets and even reload data for the French MAS 7.5 mm semi-auto carbine? At $239 at SOG it is a like new rifle but ammo scarcity and price is a problem. Any ideas anyone?
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 12:37:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't buy the thing. My friends all are having trouble finding ammo or components.
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 1:14:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I have one.  Have fired just a few rounds through it.  It became an "assault weapon" thanks to the OCR legislature on 1/1/01.

Supposedly the cheapest route to ammo is to resize then fire-form 6.5 x 55 Swedish brass.  I haven't tried it.

This page has some information:

[url]http://www.gunsworld.com/french/mas/4956_home_us.html[/url]

I believe the Hornady reloading manual has data for it.  Keep looking.  I'm keeping my MAS as a curio.  If I wanted to sell it in the OCR I'd have to remove the grenade launcher ring and hand that to the buyer separately from the rifle. [%|]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top