Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/2/2006 2:01:51 PM EDT
Figured I would ask the ladies this one...

Acrylic Nails.... who gets em?  I love having nails but mine will not grow.. (they turn to paper if they get past my finger tips)  anyway.  I am looking for tips on everyday tasks with them!! lol!!  I have not had them for over 9 years and went last night to get em.. they are very pretty and i am getting better at typing.. buttons.... yeah working on that...  

ok guess maybe I am whining.. anyway...   I like to be girly sometimes!! LOL!!
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:31:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I get mine done I don't get them very long because I like to do everything and I make them last for a month or so and when they start getting too long for me I get them done again (it's also cheaper). If your nails don't grow very fast then you can probably stretch it out. I definitely like the look and it protects my nails so they aren't always breaking and it can grow underneath. I'm not a girly girl but I like having them done ... HATE actually going to get them done though.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:11:09 PM EDT
[#2]
it is one of my few girly indulgences and i LOVE them

i have been getting them done for more than 2 years now--i usually go about every three weeks--i keep them very simple, french manicure, which they airbrush on--they also have a gel coat they started putting on about 6 months ago which really keeps them protected--i type for my job quite a bit and the airbrush used to wear off after only a few days

the only drawback is they dont usually break--so if you catch one on something, it HURTS  
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:15:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:33:36 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I've had them done on and off for about 15 years or so.  I tend to go in phases.  Usually do them during the summer b/c I like the french manicure look.  I like them medium length, square tip.  I haven't had them done in the last year or so b/c I can't play the piano with them on. <shrug>

Gotta prioritize. hr

I like that look as well
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:59:58 PM EDT
[#5]
that is what I got.. a french tip airbrushed on.. but she did it with a little fade design to them and they are just sooo pretty and OUCH they hurt like hell when you catch em'  and today my fingers ache from the tech.. she was fast but My god was she rough...

They make my hands look more feminine i think... of course i have really long old lady hands...  always have and without nails they just look bad.. lol!!  

Now to get brave and let someone touch my feet!! LOL!!!  

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 9:43:47 PM EDT
[#6]
My thin nails grow/curve upwards, so acrylics were always funky for me. Love pedicures though.

Plus working on the Mustang or cleaning my guns kill whatever manicure was there.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 3:18:27 AM EDT
[#7]
I am one of the fortunate ladies who has natural long nails. I do however treat myself about once a month to a nice manicure. I touch up or repolish in between trips. It's one of the few things I do for myself and I refuse to give it up.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 5:39:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Howdy Howdy...a great tip if you don't want long strong nails without going the acrylic route is Folic Acid.. ...it's the mineral in prenatal vitamins that make your hair and nails grow like crazy. Very inexpensive also.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:13:11 PM EDT
[#9]
I've always wanted to have my nails done.  I've never done it though.  I've heard taking MSM daily will help them grow thicker and stronger too.

Patty
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:25:39 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I've always wanted to have my nails done.  I've never done it though.  I've heard taking MSM daily will help them grow thicker and stronger too.
Patty

what is this?

I really like how they look.. BUT... the tips are too thick to scratch at some things.. And They are harder than anything to get my contacts in and out.. grrr....

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:30:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:45:00 AM EDT
[#12]
MSM is a vitamin.  I've never seen health food stores carry it but its commoningly given to animals which is how I learned about it.  Its high in Calcium and Vitamin Bs, Magnesem etc.  

Patty
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top