Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/4/2012 1:06:36 AM EDT
Email the NFL and help get this idiot removed:
[email protected]
Link Posted: 12/4/2012 4:00:29 AM EDT
[#1]
done and done, left a message on their facebook page yesterday and today. and will continue to do so until he is gone
Link Posted: 12/4/2012 4:07:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Email the NFL NBC and help get this idiot removed:
[email protected]

Link Posted: 12/4/2012 4:10:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah! Fuck free speech!

Newsflash, pal. Sometimes people say shit you are not going to agree with. Learn to act like an adult rather than the typical Liberal crybaby whining to sensor free speech.

Pathetic.
Link Posted: 12/4/2012 4:14:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Yeah! Fuck free speech!

Newsflash, pal. Sometimes people say shit you are not going to agree with. Learn to act like an adult rather than the typical Liberal crybaby whining to sensor free speech.

Pathetic.

Complaining about those with whom you dont agree on important issues is free speech as well.
Link Posted: 12/4/2012 4:15:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Yeah! Fuck free speech!

Pathetic.

.....did you just,........whats the word i'm looking for?
Link Posted: 12/4/2012 4:15:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeah! Fuck free speech!

Pathetic.

Complaining about those with whom you dont agree on important issues is free speech as well.

This.
Link Posted: 12/4/2012 4:19:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeah! Fuck free speech!

Pathetic.

He wants a person fired because he said something he disagrees with. Thats not making a statement, but rather attempting to limit a viewpoint.

Sorry, I don't agree with the bullshit Costas said either. He still has every right to say it though.
Link Posted: 12/4/2012 4:20:19 AM EDT
[#8]
They limited Hank's viewpoint no problem.
Link Posted: 12/4/2012 4:33:06 AM EDT
[#9]
When's the last time anyone has seen an NRA commercial on the msm?
Fuck costas.
Link Posted: 12/4/2012 4:35:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeah! Fuck free speech!

Pathetic.

He wants a person fired because he said something he disagrees with. Thats not making a statement, but rather attempting to limit a viewpoint.

Sorry, I don't agree with the bullshit Costas said either. He still has every right to say it though.

He represents both the network and the Nfl when he is onscreen therefore complaining to his employers is perfectly reasonable.
Link Posted: 12/4/2012 4:36:06 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Yeah! Fuck free speech!

Pathetic.

It's not censorship until the government suppresses it. And a sensor is a device that collects information. But thanks for playing.

Pathetic indeed.
Link Posted: 12/4/2012 4:39:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Yeah! Fuck free speech!

Pathetic.

It's not censorship until the government suppresses it. And a sensor is a device that collects information. But thanks for playing.    
Pathetic indeed.

Grow up. He is acting like the typical Lib who is upset because someone said something he disagrees with. We have to be better than that...

Whaaa.   Thats fucking life sometimes and the fact that he wants a voice silenced is a slippery slope towards all forms of speech.
Link Posted: 12/4/2012 4:47:12 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah! Fuck free speech!

Pathetic.

Pathetic indeed.

Grow up. He is acting like the typical Lib who is upset because someone said something he disagrees with. We have to be better than that...

Whaaa.   Thats fucking life sometimes and the fact that he wants a voice silenced is a slippery slope towards all forms of speech.

The Constitution is there to limit government powers and the BOR is there to guarantee individual and state's rights. I had no problem with Imus getting canned, Zumbo getting Zumbo'd or Costa getting creamed. The right to complain about a product is not a violation of free speech. Its customer feedback. If you put out a shitty product and people complain, that is the free market at its finest

Link Posted: 12/4/2012 4:51:32 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah! Fuck free speech!

Pathetic.

The whole thing.

Link Posted: 12/4/2012 4:55:09 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Yeah! Fuck free speech!

Pathetic.

Pathetic indeed.

The Constitution is there to limit government powers and the BOR is there to guarantee individual and state's rights. I had no problem with Imus getting canned, Zumbo getting Zumbo'd or Costa getting creamed. The right to complain about a product is not a violation of free speech. Its customer feedback. If you put out a shitty product and people complain, that is the free market at its finest  

Yup.
Link Posted: 12/4/2012 4:58:40 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeah! Fuck free speech!

Pathetic.

Turnabout is fair play. When was the last time the left DIDN'T try to get people fired when they said something they didn't like. We may not need to get in the mud with the pigs, but we have to get on the farm if we ever want to slaughter them.
Link Posted: 12/4/2012 4:59:21 AM EDT
[#17]
nevermind that, just send a real message and DO NOT WATCH SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL.  let the media power elites here in ny know that you do appreciate being dictated to.

make their ratings suffer.  send NBC a message.  put your money where your mouth is.

Link Posted: 12/4/2012 5:01:51 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Email the NFL NBC and help get this idiot removed:

[email protected]

NBC agrees with him.  

Link Posted: 12/4/2012 5:05:56 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Yeah! Fuck free speech!

Pathetic.

Free speech is the right of all private citizens.  However, when he's on air Costas is now a spokesman for the NFL/NBC.  

Link Posted: 12/4/2012 5:17:13 AM EDT
[#20]
My problem, other than the fact that Costas is an uninformed individual on crime and firearms, is I do not care about sports. I do not watch professional, collage or any sport for that matter.  So for me to complain to the NFL just would be disingenuous of me. he will not be fired, he will not apologize and the network does not care.

Link Posted: 12/4/2012 5:19:17 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
My problem, other than the fact that Costas is an uninformed individual on crime and firearms, is I do not care about sports. I do not watch professional, collage or any sport for that matter.  So for me to complain to the NFL just would be disingenuous of me. he will not be fired, he will not apologize and the network does not care.

They will care if it starts to effect their ratings.  They care about money, as they should.
Link Posted: 12/4/2012 5:19:20 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeah! Fuck free speech!

Pathetic.

His job is to talk about football. If I spent my time blasting people with my own agenda rather than performing my job, I can assure you that I'd be fired.
Link Posted: 12/4/2012 5:25:14 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeah! Fuck free speech!

Pathetic.

actions have consequences.

Say shit about my wife and there will be consequences as well (not sayin' you would or did)

people want to live in a consequence free world, but that is not reality.

he is free to say whatever he wants, but he is not free from any consequence that arises from it. if one does not like the back lash, he better have the mettle to back it up and prevail.

That's freedom.

sadly most Americans no longer understand what freedom means, they think freedom means a marshmallow ride to the land of rainbows and unicorns.

There is always a price for freedom, sometimes it's instant, othertimes it takes a few decades to pay the bill. but the debt will always be paid or freedom will no longer be evident.

However freedom can always be purchased back, but the cost of buying it back is always higher than maintaining it.
Link Posted: 12/4/2012 5:30:30 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They will care if it starts to effect their ratings.  They care about money, as they should.

True however it is NBC.

Plus the Fact that most football fans, even gun owners will not stop watching football.  It will have zero to no effect, in my opinion.
Link Posted: 12/4/2012 5:33:36 AM EDT
[#25]
Here's why you should say something.

If everytime someone rants about gun ownership and anti gun statements its followed by crickets and nothing, then the concensus will be everyone agrees with the statements.

Silence IS consent.

Execise your right to fredom of speech and call his bullshit.

We are loosing our gunrights because gun owners sit by and do nothing.  You are the problem if you let others bitch and complain and don't fight back.
Link Posted: 12/4/2012 5:35:15 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeah! Fuck free speech!

Pathetic.

Only agreeable speech is free.
Link Posted: 12/4/2012 5:45:21 AM EDT
[#27]
It seems like there is a benefit to Costa's little rant.  There are A LOT of people publicly calling him an idiot for saying that.  It seems to me that we get to see the state of the culture on his views.  It doesn't appear to be on his side.
Link Posted: 12/4/2012 5:48:38 AM EDT
[#28]
This thread is purely raciaphobic. Next thing you know, we will be making laws under the 2nd Amendment that denies black men guns, because there are more black men killing other black men with guns than there are white men killing black men or black men killing white men, on the streets of Chicago, of course, percentage-wise.

[ETA]  On the other hand, they could just outlaw returning vets, homeschoolers, AND all NFL players and coaches from having firearms.
Link Posted: 12/4/2012 5:49:45 AM EDT
[#29]
Send e-mails to your local NBC affiliates and do it now! What Costas did was to advocate limiting our personal freedoms it was a statement of hate. He has a right to express his opinion. We also are entitled to express our opinion and take action in response to his words. If you are concerned about your 2nd Amendment rights contact NBC and express your opinion.  Hey after all it is free speech in action.
Link Posted: 12/4/2012 6:00:42 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah! Fuck free speech!

Pathetic.

Holy shit some folks around here are dense.  If you bumped into Costas in the streets of mid town manhattan and he went into an anti-gun rant, that's his right and i'm fine with that.

the way he did it (as a spokesman for the NFL/NBC) implies that those two organizations are in agreement with what he's saying on air.  There was no disclaimer offered by NBC or the NFL.  Costas should have known better.

Can you imagine if Rush was invited to do FOOTBALL COMMENTARY and while doing so went into a pro-2a rant.  
Link Posted: 12/4/2012 6:00:43 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Yeah! Fuck free speech!

Pathetic.

We're in the middle of a culture war that we're losing, and you want us to play the pacifist.  Brilliant!
Link Posted: 12/4/2012 6:04:37 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Yeah! Fuck free speech!

Pathetic.

Not a problem when someone speaks their opinion but that fucking moron outright lied/purposely twisted facts, so yes I did not agree with him. Lies etc. aren't covered by the "Free Speech" Amendment last I looked.

Link Posted: 12/4/2012 6:14:21 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah! Fuck free speech!

Pathetic.

Not a problem when someone speaks their opinion but that fucking moron outright lied/purposely twisted facts, so yes I did not agree with him. Lies etc. aren't covered by the "Free Speech" Amendment last I looked.

How many times have I got to say this?  This has zip, nada, nothing to do with 1A or free speech. Lies or no lies, this about a company spokesman (that's exactly what Costas is) making a stand and you have the right to let that company know that you disagree. If you go out to eat and your steak is awful or you get terrible service somewhere, you can complain to the manager/owner. That is free enterprise.

If the government steps in, THEN it becomes a civil rights issue.
Link Posted: 12/4/2012 6:31:46 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Here's why you should say something.

If everytime someone rants about gun ownership and anti gun statements its followed by crickets and nothing, then the concensus will be everyone agrees with the statements.

Silence IS consent.

Execise your right to fredom of speech and call his bullshit.

We are loosing our gunrights because gun owners sit by and do nothing.  You are the problem if you let others bitch and complain and don't fight back.

This
Link Posted: 12/4/2012 6:32:58 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

When's the last time anyone has seen an NRA commercial on the msm?

Fuck costas.

Well maybe the fucking NRA should do something about that?
Link Posted: 12/4/2012 6:44:18 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Yeah! Fuck free speech!

Pathetic.

Uh he wasn't speaking during a political show. He twisted a murder suicide into an avenue in which to spew his personal political opinions. If you want to sit on your hands and let these idiots use every chance they can to jam their agenda down our throats feel free.

Link Posted: 12/4/2012 9:24:54 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeah! Fuck free speech!

Pathetic.

Of course they are.

Free speech means you can say whatever you want. Veracity has nothing to do with it.

Costas right to free speech means that he is free to tell lies and twist facts.

If enough people disagree with Costas and are willing to 'vote with their wallet', the sponsors
of his program may not feel this program is the best place to advertise while he is one of their representatives.

It's a free country. Bob Costas is free to say stupid shit, tell lies and twist facts and I am free to not watch MNF, or buy a Toyota that is advertised on MNF.

Link Posted: 12/4/2012 9:37:33 AM EDT
[#38]
He's got to go.  Turn around is fair play.
Link Posted: 12/4/2012 9:38:11 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeah! Fuck free speech!

Pathetic.

On his own time not during a football game............
Link Posted: 12/4/2012 9:41:54 AM EDT
[#40]
There's a time and place for everything. That was not one of them.
Link Posted: 12/4/2012 9:57:08 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeah! Fuck free speech!

Pathetic.

The whole thing.

He went full on
Link Posted: 12/4/2012 9:59:04 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
done and done, left a message on their facebook page yesterday and today. and will continue to do so until he is gone

Amen brother.
Link Posted: 12/4/2012 9:59:53 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeah! Fuck free speech!

Pathetic.

Uh he wasn't speaking during a political show. He twisted a murder suicide into an avenue in which to spew his personal political opinions. If you want to sit on your hands and let these idiots use every chance they can to jam their agenda down our throats feel free.

Wasn't he quoting someone else's remarks on the issue anyway?
Link Posted: 12/4/2012 10:00:53 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Yeah! Fuck free speech!

Pathetic.

ironic post is ironic
Link Posted: 12/4/2012 10:01:01 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeah! Fuck free speech!

Pathetic.

I do not believe that I was watching the Costas Network or the National Costas League, so his "rights" to say anything he wants is not exactly accurate. In my employment I do not have the ability to say whatever I want.

Link Posted: 12/4/2012 10:01:59 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Yeah! Fuck free speech!

Pathetic.

Pathetic indeed.

more irony
Link Posted: 12/4/2012 10:04:47 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Yeah! Fuck free speech!

Pathetic.

What's funny is that you are the only idiot playing by the "rules".  When was the last time the Left said that a conservative viewpoint made on TV is "free speech"
They just call us racists and demand we be removed.  
People like you is what got us Hussain Obama as president.
I think you should go yourself...
Link Posted: 12/4/2012 10:04:58 AM EDT
[#48]
He exercised his right to free speech and I exercised mine.
Link Posted: 12/4/2012 10:05:55 AM EDT
[#49]
Freedom of Speech refers to  freedom from government restriction.

If a representative of an entity says something stupid, consumers have a RESPONSIBILITY to hold the entity accountable.

Link Posted: 12/4/2012 10:12:40 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeah! Fuck free speech!

Pathetic.

Holy shit some folks around here are dense.  If you bumped into Costas in the streets of mid town manhattan and he went into an anti-gun rant, that's his right and i'm fine with that.  

the way he did it (as a spokesman for the NFL/NBC) implies that those two organizations are in agreement with what he's saying on air.  There was no disclaimer offered by NBC or the NFL.  Costas should have known better.

Can you imagine if Rush was invited to do FOOTBALL COMMENTARY and while doing so went into a pro-2a rant.  

Funny you bring that up...........remember his comments about McNabb?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top