Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/19/2008 12:49:53 PM EDT
Hospital in Jackson MS cancels its benefits fair because too many employees ditching health insurance for 2009.

Why?

Because in January, they are convinced it will be free.

I wish I could make this stuff up.

Heard from very reliable source (local hospital administrator friend).

Working on confirmation.

Link Posted: 11/19/2008 12:54:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Jackson is one of the true shitholes of the US.  

All hail Obama, our Lord and Savior.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 12:55:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I just saw our corporate health insurance rates (cost to the company) for 2009.  They are up 8% over last year.  2008 costs were up 22% () over 2007.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 12:58:18 PM EDT
[#3]
My premium went up about 5%. Should I send the bill to the <CoC Violation>?
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 1:00:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Hospital in Jackson MS cancels its benefits fair because too many employees ditching health insurance for 2009.

Why?

Working on confirmation.

Aren't THEY going to be in for a rude awakening?   Better get the nasty clothes out for when you try to garner public sympathy on CNN for the evil deeds of Bush stealing your healthcare...  
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 1:13:57 PM EDT
[#5]

This has potential for hilarity!

What kind of a flaming moron nixes their health benifits? All it takes is 5 minutes with the google machine to find complete horror stories from places with socialized medicine...I'd want to stay under private health care as long as I could possibly afford it, never mind any family/kids I may or may not have! Sheesh...
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 1:14:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Why?

Working on confirmation.

Ohh this will be good. Buyer's remorse on a grand scale. I love watching people writing checks their ass can't cash.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 1:16:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Ohh this will be good. Buyer's remorse on a grand scale. I love watching people writing checks their ass can't cash.

Hence the employer canceling the fair.  Protecting idiots from themselves.

Quoted:

What kind of a flaming moron nixes their health benifits? .

Google Jackson MS.  

Link Posted: 11/19/2008 1:17:34 PM EDT
[#8]
round here in NE Mississippi we stay the hell out of Jackson as much as possible

I had to go visit a mill down there once and afterwards i told my boss if it ever became necessary again he could just fire me

Link Posted: 11/19/2008 1:32:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Why anybody who works in medicine would want government health care is beyond me.  Anything that makes this business good will be gone, and there's gonna be a lot more work with a lot less pay/people to do it.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 1:36:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

What kind of a flaming moron nixes their health benifits? All it takes is 5 minutes with the google machine to find complete horror stories from places with socialized medicine...I'd want to stay under private health care as long as I could possibly afford it, never mind any family/kids I may or may not have! Sheesh...

The kind of person that goes to the ER for everything and claims no health insurance.  The state (you and I) end up paying for them.  Why should they pay for health insurance when you hey and claim poverty and get it for free?

Link Posted: 11/19/2008 1:38:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Our company ditched BC/BS for United Health. Fortunately for me I was able to transfer to my wife's BC policy. Not many docs here will take UNH. My fellow workers are screwed.

I wonder how many of the ones who cancelled couldn't hack the premiums. At the rate it's increasing that will eventually be inevitable.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 1:50:00 PM EDT
[#12]
I agree with the blantant stupidity of these folks thinking come Jan 20 the oceans will part, the sun will shine at night and gold lollipops will start fo fall from the sky..but..
I do hope that H.R. will get an extended filing date set with the insurance company for the walking dumb when they realize they wont be able to get covered for another year if they allow a lapse now and the pre existing conditions clauses will KICK IN HUGE..because NO WAY it is going to happen in less then 12 mo if at all.

I know, group hug, Kum by Ya and all that but,,it is the Right Conservative thing to do. We have to help God watch over fools and drunkards..
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 9:47:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 2:58:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Why?

Working on confirmation.

Make sure you post your verifiable confirmation when you get it.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 3:09:02 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why?

Working on confirmation.

Make sure you post your verifiable confirmation when you get it.

I can't remember ever being asked to sign up for a benefits fair.  Usually I just show up.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 3:12:39 AM EDT
[#16]
It will be funny when history shows that more people didn't have health insurance under n0bama than GWB.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 4:20:36 AM EDT
[#17]
We do our annual sign-up online, and I can see some of the Obama minions that I work with opting out under some false thought of free shit.

I will laugh in their faces when reality hits them.

Link Posted: 11/20/2008 4:22:55 AM EDT
[#18]
Which Hospital is it??

I lived in Madison for 8 years in the 90's and worked in downtown. Jackson itself was crappy but the outlying countryside is good.

My wife worked at the Methodist hospital there for about 4-5 years and it was a good one. I bet its a certain hospital on lakeland drive though.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top