Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 8
Posted: 1/5/2020 6:59:53 PM EDT
I know a bunch of folks have been anxiously awaiting the needed info to program their trusty Baofeng for use at the rally. Well, so here it is.

There are 3 files in this Dropbox link: Silent Brigade files

There is a file called "Baofeng_BF-F8HP_20200105-Rattlesnake-Rally-Arfcom-V2.img" that you can use directly with the CHIRP software to program your Baofeng BF-8HP.

If you have a UV-5R, you can use the file "Baofeng_UV-5R_20200105-Rattlesnake-Rally-Arfcom-V2.img" directly.

If you have another Baofeng model there is a tutorial put together by our own @LT_Beaker that gives you basic instructions on how to cut-and-paste from one of these two files into whatever radio you have.

Let me go thru the frequencies to make sure everybody understands what they are for and how you can participate in their usage.

Channel 0: 145.56 ARFVHF1 - This will be the primary channel for the Arfcom Information Network. Arfcom ops will transmit information that folks need to hear as well as actions for the group as a whole. I would suggest putting this as your A frequency and the one below as your B frequency so you can switch easily if the need arises.
Channel 1: 147.445 ARFVHF2 - This will be the backup channel for AIN.
Channel 2: 440.975 ARFUHF1 - This is the primary channel for licensed hams to send back information to us. Just be sure not to use this or the backup unless you are licensed. Since there will be dozens of hams at the event, radio discipline will be important so we don't all step on each other. Simplex net procedures with a net controller who's part of the event staff will be used. These won't be chit-chat channels, only info that the staff needs to know about. We'll have a callsign to use to get hold of whichever staffer is listening to inbounds. Keep an eye on this thread for that.
Channel 3: 445.56 ARFUHF2 - This is the backup bi-directional channel for licensed hams.
Channel 4: 145.43 KG4MRA - This is a local ham repeater that is located near downtown and should be reachable with an HT. This is only a backup and should only be used by licensed hams.
Channel 5: 146.88 W4RAT-V - Another local repeater that should be reachable from Capitol Square. Again, backup only.
Channel 6: 442.55 W4RAT-U - This is a local UHF repeater that licensed hams can use.
Channel 7: 147.18 W4VCU-V - Another local VHF repeater that is supposedly near VCU which is not far from the event.
Channel 8: 444.975 W4VCU-U - VCU UHF repeater
Channel 9: 146.52 2MCALL - This is the 2-meter national calling frequency for hams who want to use it.
Channel 10: 446.00 UHFCALL - This is the 70-cm national calling frequency for hams who want to use it.

For those that don't already have it downloaded (or have an older version where "old" may be 2-3 days old), download CHIRP here: CHIRP download page. Feel free to make a donation while you're there because CHIRP is an immensely useful tool.

For those that don't already have a programming cable for their venerable Baofeng units, you can order one from Amazon at: PC-03 programming cable

If you don't have a backup Baofeng (which I'm sure most of you do since this place lives on "Two is one and one is none" and "get both"), I'm partial to this one: Baofeng BF-8HP

My expectation is that there may be things we want to do in unison. So, we'll use the AIN to trigger those. You'll be able to figure out it's "one of us" asking you to do something by the authentication code/word/phrase/number. In my estimation, having as many as 2000 people suddenly start doing something in unison is a fine example of our capabilities.

If you are a licensed ham and you see some troublemakers getting ready to start something, get on the primary bi-directional channel and let staff know. We'll take it from there or ask you to stay with them and keep a close eye out. This will be important because we don't want agitators to mess with the message we're trying to send. If there is a life-threatening event about to happen (or one happening like someone having a seizure, heart attack, spontaneous human combustion, etc), you don't have to be a licensed ham to use the channel if there are no other options available.

If you don't have a radio yourself or yours doesn't come by the 20th, try to buddy up with someone who does have one. It will be helpful to all for everyone to be in the loop. We all want this to go smoothly, peacefully, and most importantly, effectively. This is one way to help do that.

I hope to see everyone there at the Rattlesnake Rally on the 20th in Richmond. Come one, come all. It's important and should be an epic, pivotal moment in the defense of the 2nd Amendment.

ETA: Don't forget to bring your Gotenna mesh unit on the 20th. Having more nodes is helpful to spread texts around quickly.
Link Posted: 1/5/2020 7:11:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Strong radio nerd

I’ll be on channel 1-01
Link Posted: 1/5/2020 7:16:24 PM EDT
[#2]
GD COMSEC
Link Posted: 1/5/2020 7:24:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Radio is en route, so tagging this.
Link Posted: 1/5/2020 7:30:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Maybe 20% of ARFCOM members who bought them actually have a license.

Too bad I can't be there.  I'd have VHF & UHF Astro Sabers.  Communications and blunt force combined
Link Posted: 1/5/2020 7:31:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks, I need to re learn how to program my radios.
Link Posted: 1/5/2020 7:32:55 PM EDT
[#6]
As a non-comms guy, thank you for the easy to follow guide.

Any antenna upgrades you'd recommend for the baofeng?
Link Posted: 1/5/2020 7:47:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
As a non-comms guy, thank you for the easy to follow guide.

Any antenna upgrades you'd recommend for the baofeng?
View Quote
Amazon Product
  • Certified Original Nagoya Antenna - with an exclusive manufacturing partnership with BTECH
  • New Release - May Require a Rubber spacer (included) and has an extended antenna cover to protect your radio SMA male base from the elements
  • This antenna is almost 16 inches long and is a must for outdoor and camping usage. This is a soft flexible antenna able to withstand more 'roughness' than a stock radio antenna, all while boosting the signal of your radio significantly!

@Katanasword
Link Posted: 1/5/2020 7:57:53 PM EDT
[#8]
I was a cheap bastard an bought this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HICB5M4/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Hope I can figure out the programing
Link Posted: 1/5/2020 8:00:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
That’s....optimistic.
Link Posted: 1/5/2020 8:05:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
That’s....optimistic.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That’s....optimistic.
I know a $hitload of arfcommers panic bought when they thought they were getting banned. Sounds familiar, doesn't it?

I'm actually hoping that by having 2000 folks with Baofengs turned up all the way spread around the event, whenever we make an announcement it will sound like the voice of God. Strike fear into the hearts of our enemies, etc. etc.

That, and it might convince some new people to become a ham, hint, hint.
Link Posted: 1/5/2020 8:08:38 PM EDT
[#11]
All of those are frequencies in the Amateur radio service, and the target audience for this post appears to be folks who are not licensed for that service, and for communications that are not really suitable for that service.

As has been expressed in the numerous other Virginia OMGWTF communications threads, need to bootleg somewhere else.

As I mentioned in the other thread, I'd suggest programming the 8 GMRS simplex frequencies and the 5 MURS frequencies. If you feel the need for greater illegality, add the itinerant business frequencies. I'm sure someone could come up with an itinerant business license if you want an ersatz "broadcast" frequency.

Putting unlicensed people onto local amateur repeaters is a good way to get the repeaters shut off and give a big black eye to "preppers" and the 2a community with the amateur community.

Again, I can't express enough how bad of an idea it is to do what is described in the OP.

ETA: additionally, those simplex frequencies are the arfcom amateur forum simplex frequencies. Putting them "on the radar" in this fashion defeats part of their purpose.
Link Posted: 1/5/2020 8:12:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Have you considered disabling transmit or setting a short timeout for the layman in your CHIRP file to prevent non-HAM guys or radio newbies from sitting on their TX button and jamming the channel? Or using a Tone not normally found in blister pack radios?

Having this many people on radios sounds like a disaster. Even the most well-intentioned people are going to screw it up.
Link Posted: 1/5/2020 8:23:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I know a bunch of folks have been anxiously awaiting the needed info to program their trusty Baofeng for use at the rally. Well, so here it is.

There are 3 files in this Dropbox link: Silent Brigade files

There is a file called "Baofeng_BF-F8HP_20200105-Rattlesnake-Rally-Arfcom-V2.img" that you can use directly with the CHIRP software to program your Baofeng BF-8HP.

If you have a UV-5R, you can use the file "Baofeng_UV-5R_20200105-Rattlesnake-Rally-Arfcom-V2.img" directly.

If you have another Baofeng model there is a tutorial put together by our own @LT_Beaker that gives you basic instructions on how to cut-and-paste from one of these two files into whatever radio you have.

Let me go thru the frequencies to make sure everybody understands what they are for and how you can participate in their usage.

Channel 0: 145.56 ARFVHF1 - This will be the primary channel for the Arfcom Information Network. Arfcom ops will transmit information that folks need to hear as well as actions for the group as a whole. I would suggest putting this as your A frequency and the one below as your B frequency so you can switch easily if the need arises.
Channel 1: 147.445 ARFVHF2 - This will be the backup channel for AIN.
Channel 2: 440.975 ARFUHF1 - This is the primary channel for licensed hams to send back information to us. Just be sure not to use this or the backup unless you are licensed. Since there will be dozens of hams at the event, radio discipline will be important so we don't all step on each other. Simplex net procedures with a net controller who's part of the event staff will be used. These won't be chit-chat channels, only info that the staff needs to know about. We'll have a callsign to use to get hold of whichever staffer is listening to inbounds. Keep an eye on this thread for that.
Channel 3: 445.56 ARFUHF2 - This is the backup bi-directional channel for licensed hams.
Channel 4: 145.43 KG4MRA - This is a local ham repeater that is located near downtown and should be reachable with an HT. This is only a backup and should only be used by licensed hams.
Channel 5: 146.88 W4RAT-V - Another local repeater that should be reachable from Capitol Square. Again, backup only.
Channel 6: 442.55 W4RAT-U - This is a local UHF repeater that licensed hams can use.
Channel 7: 147.18 W4VCU-V - Another local VHF repeater that is supposedly near VCU which is not far from the event.
Channel 8: 444.975 W4VCU-U - VCU UHF repeater
Channel 9: 146.52 2MCALL - This is the 2-meter national calling frequency for hams who want to use it.
Channel 10: 446.00 UHFCALL - This is the 70-cm national calling frequency for hams who want to use it.

For those that don't already have it downloaded (or have an older version where "old" may be 2-3 days old), download CHIRP here: CHIRP download page. Feel free to make a donation while you're there because CHIRP is an immensely useful tool.

For those that don't already have a programming cable for their venerable Baofeng units, you can order one from Amazon at: PC-03 programming cable

If you don't have a backup Baofeng (which I'm sure most of you do since this place lives on "Two is one and one is none" and "get both"), I'm partial to this one: Baofeng BF-8HP

My expectation is that there may be things we want to do in unison. So, we'll use the AIN to trigger those. You'll be able to figure out it's "one of us" asking you to do something by the authentication code/word/phrase/number. In my estimation, having as many as 2000 people suddenly start doing something in unison is a fine example of our capabilities.

If you are a licensed ham and you see some troublemakers getting ready to start something, get on the primary bi-directional channel and let staff know. We'll take it from there or ask you to stay with them and keep a close eye out. This will be important because we don't want agitators to mess with the message we're trying to send. If there is a life-threatening event about to happen (or one happening like someone having a seizure, heart attack, spontaneous human combustion, etc), you don't have to be a licensed ham to use the channel if there are no other options available.

If you don't have a radio yourself or yours doesn't come by the 20th, try to buddy up with someone who does have one. It will be helpful to all for everyone to be in the loop. We all want this to go smoothly, peacefully, and most importantly, effectively. This is one way to help do that.

I hope to see everyone there at the Rattlesnake Rally on the 20th in Richmond. Come one, come all. It's important and should be an epic, pivotal moment in the defense of the 2nd Amendment.

ETA: Don't forget to bring your Gotenna mesh unit on the 20th. Having more nodes is helpful to spread texts around quickly.
View Quote
Thank you.
Link Posted: 1/5/2020 8:23:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
All of those are frequencies in the Amateur radio service, and the target audience for this post appears to be folks who are not licensed for that service.

As has been expressed in the numerous other Virginia OMGWTF communications threads, need to bootleg somewhere else.

As I mentioned in the other thread, I'd suggest programming the 8 GMRS simplex frequencies and the 5 MURS frequencies. If you feel the need for greater illegality, add the itinerant business frequencies.

Putting unlicensed people onto local amateur repeaters is a good way to get the repeaters shut off and give an even bigger black eye to "preppers" and such with the amateur community.

Again, I can't express enough how bad of an idea it is to do what is described in the OP.
View Quote
I think I've made it abundantly clear that only licensed hams should be transmitting on ANY amateur frequencies. I've also indicated the exception for life-threatening events where other means are not available, which might be the case if the cell network gets overloaded while we're there and somebody needs immediate medical attention to avoid death.

This approach of using amateur frequencies by hams is precisely why we have this spectrum. The CARS club in Chesapeake supports all kinds of charity events with huge crowds like marathons, bike rides, etc. Again, it's precisely the reason why we have these frequencies and the licensed hams amongst us (and there are many) intend to use those frequencies for what they were intended.

You're welcome to go grab a blister pack of FRS/GMRS radios and use those to communicate with the other folks you may wish to bring as a group. However, since you're licensed, you might be the lead comm guy for your merry band and can legally communicate over the ham frequencies and relay that info to your group via blister pack radios. That would seem to me to be optimal for your situation. Don't forget if you decide to use GMRS, that requires a license and is much more expensive to get than a ham license.

As for the itinerant license, you may have noticed in another thread a nice tutorial on how to get one. There may be a reason to go to that in the future but not for this particular event.
Link Posted: 1/5/2020 8:26:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Have you considered disabling transmit or setting a short timeout for the layman in your CHIRP file to prevent non-HAM guys or radio newbies from sitting on their TX button and jamming the channel? Or using a Tone not normally found in blister pack radios?

Having this many people on radios sounds like a disaster. Even the most well-intentioned people are going to screw it up.
View Quote
The first two frequencies are just that. Transmit is disabled. If you think you might want to disable transmit in general, just look at the "duplex" column and set them all to "off". That way, if your radio is banging around on your plate carrier, it won't matter because you won't be transmitting.

Good thought!
Link Posted: 1/5/2020 8:27:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
All of those are frequencies in the Amateur radio service, and the target audience for this post appears to be folks who are not licensed for that service, and for communications that are not really suitable for that service.

As I mentioned in the other thread, I'd suggest programming the 8 GMRS simplex frequencies and the 5 MURS frequencies. If you feel the need for greater illegality, add the itinerant business frequencies. I'm sure someone could come up with an itinerant business license if you want an ersatz "broadcast" frequency.

Putting unlicensed people onto local amateur repeaters is a good way to get the repeaters shut off and give an even bigger black eye to "preppers" and such with the amateur community.

ETA: additionally, those simplex frequencies are the arfcom amateur forum simplex frequencies. Putting them "on the radar" in this fashion defeats part of their purpose.
View Quote
This can't be stated enough.
Link Posted: 1/5/2020 8:28:13 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm bringing a handheld Uniden scanner, 100 channel.  What channels besides 0 and 1 in the OP's list are recommended for receiving only?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/5/2020 8:32:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I think I've made it abundantly clear that only licensed hams should be transmitting on ANY amateur frequencies. I've also indicated the exception for life-threatening events where other means are not available, which might be the case if the cell network gets overloaded while we're there and somebody needs immediate medical attention to avoid death.

This approach of using amateur frequencies by hams is precisely why we have this spectrum. The CARS club in Chesapeake supports all kinds of charity events with huge crowds like marathons, bike rides, etc. Again, it's precisely the reason why we have these frequencies and the licensed hams amongst us (and there are many) intend to use those frequencies for what they were intended.

You're welcome to go grab a blister pack of FRS/GMRS radios and use those to communicate with the other folks you may wish to bring as a group. However, since you're licensed, you might be the lead comm guy for your merry band and can legally communicate over the ham frequencies and relay that info to your group via blister pack radios. That would seem to me to be optimal for your situation. Don't forget if you decide to use GMRS, that requires a license and is much more expensive to get than a ham license.

As for the itinerant license, you may have noticed in another thread a nice tutorial on how to get one. There may be a reason to go to that in the future but not for this particular event.
View Quote
I don't think it's clear at all, to the contrary, this whole thing is to enable people who aren't licensed and don't have the knowledge to do it themselves to get onto these frequencies.
Link Posted: 1/5/2020 8:32:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

See above.
Link Posted: 1/5/2020 8:33:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Tagged. I know absolutely zero about radios. The last radios I played with were shaped like Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. I'll try to program my shiny new Baefong for the first 2-3 channels, to listen in on.
Link Posted: 1/5/2020 8:34:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Too bad I can't be there.  I'd have VHF & UHF Astro Sabers.  Communications and blunt force combined
View Quote
A license to... Speak? You don't say.
Link Posted: 1/5/2020 8:34:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I don't think it's clear at all, to the contrary, this whole thing is to enable people who aren't licensed and don't have the knowledge to do it themselves to get onto these frequencies.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What part of "This is the primary channel for licensed hams..." did you not see? What about the other 5 times it was said?

I can't make it any clearer than that.
Link Posted: 1/5/2020 8:36:56 PM EDT
[#23]
aren't rattlesnake round ups bad and stuff?
Link Posted: 1/5/2020 8:37:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I know a $hitload of arfcommers panic bought when they thought they were getting banned. Sounds familiar, doesn't it?

I'm actually hoping that by having 2000 folks with Baofengs turned up all the way spread around the event, whenever we make an announcement it will sound like the voice of God. Strike fear into the hearts of our enemies, etc. etc.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
That's....optimistic.

Just downloaded and re-programed 1 of my radios. Your image for the 5R radio works great.

I panicked and bought 3 baofengs and an FT-991A and earned a tech license by the FCC. :)

Thanks for supplying the com freqs...I can bring a radio to use as a base station if needed.
Link Posted: 1/5/2020 8:38:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

A license to... Speak? You don't say.
View Quote
It's ironic. We'll drive halfway across the country to protest one basic human right but whine about licenses for another basic human right.
Link Posted: 1/5/2020 8:38:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
What part of "This is the primary channel for licensed hams..." did you not see? What about the other 5 times it was said?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just a guy unwilling to step up and do it himself.
There will always be people standing around to tell you you should not have done anything.
Link Posted: 1/5/2020 8:39:36 PM EDT
[#27]
Is there any way to make the radios scan these channels?  Otherwise you'd have to be lucky to receive a transmission on any channel that you weren't immediately dialed into.
Link Posted: 1/5/2020 8:40:24 PM EDT
[#28]
I just plan to give my other Toy Story walkie-talkie to my battle buddy.
Link Posted: 1/5/2020 8:43:33 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Is there any way to make the radios scan these channels?  Otherwise you'd have to be lucky to receive a transmission on any channel that you weren't immediately dialed into.
View Quote
Good question that I don't know the answer to.

For the most part, the idea is for most everybody to listen to the primary Arfcom Information Network channel (channel 0). Then, if there's something going on we need to know about a LICENSED HAM can transmit on the bi-directional channel and tell us using the proper protcols for same.

Just making it clear. Again.
Link Posted: 1/5/2020 8:45:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote
Jesus this has to be ARFCOM GD.

I am going to the VA boogaloo. but wait the comm freqs are not legal and you need to fix that before you decide to boogaloo.
Link Posted: 1/5/2020 8:48:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
Well. I really appreciate the effort made by these guys to connect us all. I do not have a license and will not be transmitting, but just being able to receive and be in the loop will be incredibly valuable. At some point you just have to trust other people not to be assholes (kinda like the 2A).
Link Posted: 1/5/2020 8:48:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yes on a Baofeng go into channel mode (press the red button on the front labeled VFO/MR)

Then press the scan button
Link Posted: 1/5/2020 8:51:34 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I am going to the VA boogaloo. but wait the comm freqs are not legal and you need to fix that before you decide to boogaloo.
View Quote
No kidding. 50k pissed off people wandering around a 6 block area with loaded rifles, and someone is worried about esoteric FCC rules.

Link Posted: 1/5/2020 8:52:28 PM EDT
[#34]

Awesome, well done.
Link Posted: 1/5/2020 8:54:07 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Yes on a Baofeng go into channel mode (press the red button on the front labeled VFO/MR)

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just make sure while it's scanning that you don't hit some button that lands you on a channel you're not licensed for. If you're a LICENSED HAM it's OK, just keep your finger off the trigger, er, PTT button.
Link Posted: 1/5/2020 8:54:43 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 1/5/2020 8:55:40 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yes. You can set to scan full frequency spectrum or scan your preprogrammed channels.

What it can't do is listen to all of your preprogrammed channels and bring through the one that's transmitting unless it happens across that one during an active transmission.
Link Posted: 1/5/2020 8:56:10 PM EDT
[#38]
Anyone know if the UV-5R .img file can also be loaded into a UV-5R +/Plus ?
Link Posted: 1/5/2020 8:57:33 PM EDT
[#39]
Thanks OP for doing this.   Will your tutorial work with my UV-5XP?
Link Posted: 1/5/2020 8:59:04 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
It’s got nothing to do with legality, it’s about preventing the airwaves from becoming a complete shit show where nobody can communicate because everybody is stepping on everybody.
I work with large groups that use radios, and even with all that ‘experience’, Joe Public is a complete idiot when they key up the mic. Rambling, interrupting, umming and dead air throughout their 10 minute transmission...
The HAMs do it on nets, airline pilots do it on approach frequencies, it’s endemic.

It only takes ONE person to sit on their TX to shut down the entire frequency.

This ain’t GD police bitching, it’s physics.
Link Posted: 1/5/2020 9:00:32 PM EDT
[#41]
Just as an information nugget, if you do want to become a LICENSED HAM there is a very nice web site that I used to get my General license. It's free to use, has the test questions with the correct answers highlighted (and a tab to tell you why it's the correct answer) and practice tests.

https://hamstudy.org/

I highly encourage folks to get your license. It's a fun hobby, you meet some very nice people, and it can truly come in handy not just for SHTF.

I will warn you the other BRD is Black Radio Disease and it's contagious AF.
Link Posted: 1/5/2020 9:01:09 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote
Open chirp with your radio plugged in. Import from radio. That will open a tab with your blank radio frequency set.

Open provided file. Select all of the rows, copy. Go to tab from your radio. Paste.
Upload that file to your radio.

There could potentially be firmware differences, this method will prevent that from being an issue.
Link Posted: 1/5/2020 9:01:21 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

It’s got nothing to do with legality, it’s about preventing the airwaves from becoming a complete shit show where nobody can communicate because everybody is stepping on everybody.
I work with large groups that use radios, and even with all that ‘experience’, Joe Public is a complete idiot when they key up the mic. Rambling, interrupting, umming and dead air throughout their 10 minute transmission...
The HAMs do it on nets, airline pilots do it on approach frequencies, it’s endemic.

It only takes ONE person to sit on their TX to shut down the entire frequency.

This ain’t GD police bitching, it’s physics.
View Quote
I’m not a physicist, but wouldn’t that be a problem regardless of the frequency and whether it requires a license?
Link Posted: 1/5/2020 9:01:26 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Even though it's perfectly lawful for you to listen but not transmit.

Sounds like they don't even want you listening?

Fuck em transmit anyway.
Link Posted: 1/5/2020 9:01:27 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
No kidding. 50k pissed off people wandering around a 6 block area with loaded rifles, and someone is worried about esoteric FCC rules.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

On the other hand gun owners seam to be law abiding.
Link Posted: 1/5/2020 9:02:04 PM EDT
[#46]
Is there a way to listen in via repeaters or something? I'm unable to attend but i would like to listen in.
Link Posted: 1/5/2020 9:02:31 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Tagged. I know absolutely zero about radios. The last radios I played with were shaped like Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. I'll try to program my shiny new Baefong for the first 2-3 channels, to listen in on.
View Quote
I’m pretty sure that this man speaks for me, as well. Except for the ninja turtle stuff.
Link Posted: 1/5/2020 9:03:19 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote
I think so. If not, you can always use the file and do the cut and paste thing once you've downloaded from the radio you have. I had some trouble with using ctrl-c/ctrl-v and had to use the menu to do the copy and the paste.
Link Posted: 1/5/2020 9:04:24 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote
Should be fine. It worked on my UV-5R and my UV-5RA. Chrip will thow an error if it can't download any settings to your radio.
Link Posted: 1/5/2020 9:07:00 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Thanks OP for doing this.   Will your tutorial work with my UV-5XP?
View Quote
I think so. The tutorial that tells you how to copy and paste works and should work for any radio CHIRP can deal with.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top