Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/3/2001 9:53:56 AM EDT
[url]http://a784.m.akastream.net/7/784/2474/985795407/tmg.download.akamai.com/2474/silicon300k.asf[/url]

[i]The first 300mm technology will be the 0.13 micron generation. This wafer size conversion utilizes a completely new tool set. The 300mm program is being developed by the Logic Technology Development group in Oregon. This group will use the baseline process to develop all future logic technology generations. D1C is Intel's first 300mm factory and will be the home of at least the next two technology development generations.

D1C, in Oregon, is the first 300mm factory at Intel, and the second in the world. Overall, the new 300mm factory is very different from a traditional factory. The tools are all new designs, footprints are larger, and there is extensive automation and mechanization. The overall size of the wafer carriers (FOUP's) drives the transition from hand delivery to mechanized transportation of material. Intel recently announced that it has obtained functional 0.13 micron silicon from its 300mm fab, D1C.[/i]

The new Pentium III's are of .13 micron, code named Tualtin. The Pentium 4 is next to get the small die size.
Link Posted: 8/3/2001 10:06:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Hey Frank, that was suuuhweeet.  I'm in the biz too down here in TX.  We are not automated and we're still 150mm.  

Nice fab....!
Link Posted: 8/3/2001 10:25:54 AM EDT
[#2]
thanks. with that info I can now sabotage the plant & makes millions from blackmail as a global terrorist[whacko]
Link Posted: 8/3/2001 10:37:55 AM EDT
[#3]
I dont have a clue what the hell i just saw, but are you saying that that plant is now making smaller faster chips for Intel?  And all the robotic handling is supposed to be more efficient? right?

Sorry for being a total layman to what I saw.

[beer]
Link Posted: 8/3/2001 6:37:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Sweet!
I work for a company that builds tools for fabs.  I'm actually installing a photo-lithography tool at Intel in Phoenix right now.  It's a 200mm tool that can be upgraded to 300mm whenever they're ready.  My company has lots of guys up at Intel in Portland.
Link Posted: 8/3/2001 10:02:21 PM EDT
[#5]
WOW
I worked for Intel in the ‘70s and ‘80s.   I remember the party they had over FOUR inches.
Link Posted: 8/4/2001 2:45:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Hey TX_traveller....I just e-mailed ya.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top