Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2008 11:47:21 AM EST
I bought a house and moved ~4 miles south of my old townhouse. I had AT&T uVerse at my old place, had a TON of channels (all the premiums, 200 something digital channels, etc) plus internet for about $100 a month.

I have Comcast now, and there's only ~ 100 digital cable channels, less than 30 HD channels, and only have HBO and it's $89.00 + 19.99 for internet, winds up being about $130 a month.

I don't even have Fox News on Comcrap. I'm jealous at all the channels satellite has, but refuse to have to pay for my equipment. So I'm stuck.

I miss uVerse, but it's not available here.

Link Posted: 9/4/2008 11:48:56 AM EST
I have basic comcast cable just for the internetz as I don't watch TV.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 11:49:33 AM EST
Just wait till that 19.99 internet special runs out.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 11:52:37 AM EST

Originally Posted By badeffect10:

*MY* internet special never runs out. I just ask to be transferred to the cancellation department and they kiss my ass.

And why not? If they're willing to sell their services at a cheaper price with a bit of strong arming - so be it.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 11:53:15 AM EST
Wait till something goes wrong and you have to have them come out and fix something.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 11:55:02 AM EST

Originally Posted By gitarmac:
Wait till something goes wrong and you have to have them come out and fix something.

Trust me - that's what made me switch to AT&T the first time. My internet went down and they told me it was going to be 6 days before it was back.

I was like....Well, bye.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 12:01:58 PM EST

Originally Posted By evo462:

*MY* internet special never runs out. I just ask to be transferred to the cancellation department and they kiss my ass.

And why not? If they're willing to sell their services at a cheaper price with a bit of strong arming - so be it.

You signed at least a year contract.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 12:06:09 PM EST
Comcast doesn't carry any BBC stations except BBC America, which SUCKS.

They don't carry ANY international news stations.

- BG
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 12:07:56 PM EST

Originally Posted By MillerSHO:

Nope...month to month.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 12:11:58 PM EST
The Comcast Internet installers are the worst idiots I have ever come in contact with. For every installer who knows what he's doing, 10 are idiots. I know a guy who works at Comcast and he says the installers are contractors and not Comcast employees, which is why they do such a crappy job. Great excuse.

Link Posted: 9/4/2008 12:13:51 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/4/2008 12:14:56 PM EST by evo462]
They tried to charge me $40 to come out and plug power into my cable modem. I got my bill and was like WTF???

To their credit, they backed down on the charge when I called up and complained.

I think I may order dish network...
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 12:15:49 PM EST
normally on a new install of a satellite system you dont have to pay for new equipment. just order everything you think you will want now instead of upgrading later. thats what i did and it hurt. lol.
but yeah when i got my satellite i didn't have to buy any equipment at all. so you should be ok especially if you go thru att for your satellite. i have all my stuff packaged, landline, dsl, all the regular dish channels plus hd, dvr and stars/encore and its 180 a month including tax.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 12:19:45 PM EST
When I had Cox HD it was only $105/mo after tax for cable+inet with no movie channels.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 12:21:12 PM EST
comcast doesnt make you sign year contracts, thats the satellite company. If you ever have a problem and they say it will take days to get to you go to www.comcastmustdie.com and post a gripe with your account number, they watch that site like a hawk and before you know it you will have a comcast crew descend on your house to fix the issue.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 12:22:25 PM EST

Originally Posted By ro23:
comcast doesnt make you sign year contracts, thats the satellite company. If you ever have a problem and they say it will take days to get to you go to www.comcastmustdie.com and post a gripe with your account number, they watch that site like a hawk and before you know it you will have a comcast crew descend on your house to fix the issue.

Link Posted: 9/4/2008 12:23:46 PM EST

Originally Posted By MillerSHO:

Nope...month to month.

Check again, the $19.95 internet is usually when you sign up for an agreement.
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 4:19:57 AM EST

Originally Posted By BUCC_Guy:
Comcast doesn't carry any BBC stations except BBC America, which SUCKS.

They don't carry ANY international news stations.

- BG

neither does cox :(

i wish i had one of those big ass dishes so i could yank whatever i wanted that wasnt encrypted.
Top Top