Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/4/2008 12:47:21 PM EDT
I bought a house and moved ~4 miles south of my old townhouse.  I had AT&T uVerse at my old place, had a TON of channels (all the premiums, 200 something digital channels, etc) plus internet for about $100 a month.

I have Comcast now, and there's only ~ 100 digital cable channels, less than 30 HD channels, and only have HBO and it's $89.00 + 19.99 for internet, winds up being about $130 a month.

I don't even have Fox News on Comcrap.  I'm jealous at all the channels satellite has, but refuse to have to pay for my equipment.  So I'm stuck.

I miss uVerse, but it's not available here.

Link Posted: 9/4/2008 12:48:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I have basic comcast cable just for the internetz as I don't watch TV.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 12:49:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Just wait till that 19.99 internet special runs out.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 12:52:37 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

*MY* internet special never runs out.  I just ask to be transferred to the cancellation department and they kiss my ass.

And why not?  If they're willing to sell their services at a cheaper price with a bit of strong arming - so be it.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 12:53:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Wait till something goes wrong and you have to have them come out and fix something.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 12:55:02 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Wait till something goes wrong and you have to have them come out and fix something.

Trust me - that's what made me switch to AT&T the first time.  My internet went down and they told me it was going to be 6 days before it was back.

I was like....Well, bye.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 1:01:58 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

*MY* internet special never runs out.  I just ask to be transferred to the cancellation department and they kiss my ass.

And why not?  If they're willing to sell their services at a cheaper price with a bit of strong arming - so be it.

You signed at least a year contract.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 1:06:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Comcast doesn't carry any BBC stations except BBC America, which SUCKS.

They don't carry ANY international news stations.  

- BG
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 1:07:56 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nope...month to month.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 1:11:58 PM EDT
[#9]
The Comcast Internet installers are the worst idiots I have ever come in contact with. For every installer who knows what he's doing, 10 are idiots. I know a guy who works at Comcast and he says the installers are contractors and not Comcast employees, which is why they do such a crappy job. Great excuse.

Link Posted: 9/4/2008 1:13:51 PM EDT
[#10]
They tried to charge me $40 to come out and plug power into my cable modem.  I got my bill and was like WTF???  

To their credit, they backed down on the charge when I called up and complained.

I think I may order dish network...
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 1:15:49 PM EDT
[#11]
normally on a new install of a satellite system you dont have to pay for new equipment.  just order everything you think you will want now instead of upgrading later. thats what i did and it hurt. lol.
but yeah when i got my satellite i didn't have to buy any equipment at all.  so you should be ok especially if you go thru att for your satellite.  i have all my stuff packaged, landline, dsl, all the regular dish channels plus hd, dvr and stars/encore and its 180 a month including tax.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 1:19:45 PM EDT
[#12]
When I had Cox HD it was only $105/mo after tax for cable+inet with no movie channels.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 1:21:12 PM EDT
[#13]
comcast doesnt make you sign year contracts, thats the satellite company.  If you ever have a problem and they say it will take days to get to you go to www.comcastmustdie.com and post a gripe with your account number, they watch that site like a hawk and before you know it you will have a comcast crew descend on your house to fix the issue.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 1:22:25 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
comcast doesnt make you sign year contracts, thats the satellite company.  If you ever have a problem and they say it will take days to get to you go to www.comcastmustdie.com and post a gripe with your account number, they watch that site like a hawk and before you know it you will have a comcast crew descend on your house to fix the issue.

Link Posted: 9/4/2008 1:23:46 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nope...month to month.

Check again, the $19.95 internet is usually when you sign up for an agreement.
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 5:19:57 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Comcast doesn't carry any BBC stations except BBC America, which SUCKS.

They don't carry ANY international news stations.  

- BG

neither does cox :(

i wish i had one of those big ass dishes so i could yank whatever i wanted that wasnt encrypted.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top