Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/6/2002 3:37:43 PM EDT
[purple]Anybody going to watch it tonite and why do you watch it?[/purple]

M4-AK

Link Posted: 3/6/2002 3:54:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm going with A: They use ARs and D: Nothing better on...
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 4:33:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Hey, I like Rudy.  He is a real trooper!
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 4:58:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Why wouldn't you want to watch guys shooting M16s (ya, did you notice in the last hostage rescue mission they were full auto?)?  Unless they had some real combat footage on.  Speaking of which, does anybody know where you can buy combat video?  They always show little bitty snippets of cool stuff on TV from foreign countries, you know there are hundreds of hours of raw footage sitting somewhere.  You must be able to buy/rent it or something.
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 5:51:31 PM EDT
[#4]
What time does it come on and have I already missed it tonite?
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 5:58:48 PM EDT
[#5]
It's on tonight (Wed) at 9 central on the USA channel.

Av.
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 7:35:38 PM EDT
[#6]
I watched it tonight, because I was watching a little tv and saw it was on, never watched it before.  Interesting sort of , but not real combat...although I love the way those lasers knock down those guys in "shadow squad"..lol.  I got to get me one of them M4's!!!
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 7:42:27 PM EDT
[#7]
I watch because these guys are supposed to be the best, and they screw up alot. They don't properly identify targets, the don't cover flanks, they make alot of tactical errors. It's nice to see that our best aren't that good. Means that if for some reason its us vs them, well you know......

Link Posted: 3/6/2002 7:45:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I watch because these guys are supposed to be the best, and they screw up alot. They don't properly identify targets, the don't cover flanks, they make alot of tactical errors. It's nice to see that our best aren't that good. Means that if for some reason its us vs them, well you know......

View Quote

Me thinks that the Spec Ops commander types only let the real fuck ups go do that show; the best guys are doing [i]real[/i] work.  Some of those guys are hariheads with beards too, no way they are currently active.
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 7:55:13 PM EDT
[#9]
None of the services allowed active military personnel to participate in the competition.

I'm just trying to figure out how long they were actually out there. Looks like some really weird weather out there in the desert.
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 8:20:04 PM EDT
[#10]
I like the show. Sure it's not real combat but it is still way cool. The only real gripe I have is they need to show more combat and less of this dramatic whine and bitch stuff. I thought tonights episode was pretty darned good.

Bravo team remains undefeated and luckily that damn pussy Jody left because of some "injury." That SOB was whining half the damn show! Bravo team can shoot pretty good.. which is, in my opinion, why they are winning. Fletcher killed quite a few tonight.

Charlie team almost won, they got beat by only 2 minutes worth of points.... They have not won a single round. Hehehe, I would have kicked off Crenshaw. He has died the last 3 missions. I think he has earned the title "Cannon-fodder Crenshaw"

The USA Combat Missions Site is
[url]http://www.usanetwork.com/series/combatmissions/[/url]
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 8:39:46 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm glad someone other than me was irritated with that guy.  Geez, I remember wanting to stomp guys like that in boot camp.."you mean we have to do MORE pushups??"  Whine, whine.  "Can I go to sick call sir"...whine whine...lol
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 9:06:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I like the show. Sure it's not real combat but it is still way cool. The only real gripe I have is they need to show more combat and less of this dramatic whine and bitch stuff. I thought tonights episode was pretty darned good.
View Quote

Gotta agree with you there.  It sometimes seems too much like MTV's "The Real World."

Bravo team remains undefeated and luckily that damn pussy Jody left because of some "injury." That SOB was whining half the damn show! Bravo team can shoot pretty good.. which is, in my opinion, why they are winning. Fletcher killed quite a few tonight.
View Quote

I have to part company with you there Prairie-Ranger.  Jody Taylor, in my opinion, has shown more heart than just about anyone else in the competition.  He's 40-years old, easily the smallest guy there, and he still refused to quit.  He was only "killed" once, and if I recall correctly, waxed seven bad-guys in Evolution 1.

Knee injuries are nothing to screw around with, especially when you consider that, as a law-enforcement officer, if he blows his knee out, his career is over (with no workers-comp or disability retirement since it would have happened off-duty.)

Charlie team almost won, they got beat by only 2 minutes worth of points.... They have not won a single round. Hehehe, I would have kicked off Crenshaw. He has died the last 3 missions. I think he has earned the title "Cannon-fodder Crenshaw"
View Quote

Wrong again, Prairie-Ranger.  Crenshaw survived the last Op, throwing the hostage over his shoulder and hauling ass to the ambulance after four of his teammates went down.

The show can get a little overly-dramatic, but it's pretty enjoyable overall.
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 9:57:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I have to part company with you there Prairie-Ranger.  Jody Taylor, in my opinion, has shown more heart than just about anyone else in the competition.  He's 40-years old, easily the smallest guy there, and he still refused to quit.  He was only "killed" once, and if I recall correctly, waxed seven bad-guys in Evolution 1.
View Quote

Well he didn't seem to complain during the mission or anything, I just guess the way the show was set up/edited it had him whining a lot of the time. He did do good on the early missions but contributed nil on this one. I don't doubt he was injured or that it isn't serious, just that I don't want to hear his damn whining half the show. He was good until his injury.

Wrong again, Prairie-Ranger.  Crenshaw survived the last Op, throwing the hostage over his shoulder and hauling ass to the ambulance after four of his teammates went down.

The show can get a little overly-dramatic, but it's pretty enjoyable overall.
View Quote

okay, maybe not three IN A ROW, but 3/4 times.

Jeese, do you have to be so nit-picky?[:D]
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 11:29:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Screw how good/bad the show is, how realistic the missions are, how whiney the soldiers are, or the status of the participants.  What *I* want to know is...

How much would it cost to refit a pair of AR15's with laser systems and two people with laser-registering vests (or whatever they wear)?  Seriously, have a group of 10-20 guys in the field with their AR15's, plenty of blanks, and all equipped with the laser system, and you can kiss Paintball goodbye, baby.  Laser systems, people...gimme gimme gimme!
Link Posted: 3/7/2002 3:06:25 AM EDT
[#15]
I watched it for the first time last night.  Pretty cool.  Smoke Grenades.  Boy do they suck or what?  At one point someone on Bravo said anyone not doing anything throw smoke.  Well, someone threw smoke and a super small stream of blue smoke came out. hahhaa.  I've never messed with smoke before but I'm pretty sure something was wrong with those smokes.

Unfriendly...   Huh, what are you saying?  Are you saying friendly or unfriendly.  Sheesh.  What a moron.

Link Posted: 3/7/2002 4:58:02 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Unfriendly...   Huh, what are you saying?  Are you saying friendly or unfriendly.  Sheesh.  What a moron.
View Quote

I think that was an honest question he asked. Better to be sure, than to plan on having two guys cover your flanks that are dead.

Av.
Link Posted: 3/7/2002 5:51:23 AM EDT
[#17]
It is kind of a stupid show but I watch it anyway. Reminds me of playing army when I was a kid. Had a tommy gun and a Lugar captured from a German officer. Man, I was the Vic Morrow from Combat on my block. We even had one of those ratchet type 30 caliber machine guns on a tripod which we mounted on top a  garage. Had a field of fire covering three back yards with that baby.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top