Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/17/2001 2:19:44 AM EDT
I was hoping someone could shed some light on all the negative press S&W has been getting here on the board and also in magazines. I don't know any of the details of what happened to turn everyone against S&W, I was hoping someone could tell me. Also someone told me that Colt has stop selling to the public and will only sell to Military and Law enforcement,(I find this hard to believe) is there anything to this? I haven't found out anything at either website. Thanks for any info .
Cazio
Link Posted: 3/17/2001 2:31:27 AM EDT
[#1]
S&W is in bed with clinton and his cronies.
Link Posted: 3/17/2001 2:54:16 AM EDT
[#2]
[url]http://www.1911forum.com/ubb/Forum16/HTML/000436.html[/url]
Link Posted: 3/17/2001 4:46:18 AM EDT
[#3]
S&W, it's President at the time Ed Schultz and the Briths owners must pay the ultimate price for their betrayal of it's dealers, customers, industry and most of all...the Second Amendment. By cooperating with the Clinton led government policies they compromised the stand of the rest of the industry.  They were cowards and they must die.  

Smith and Wesson will have to go under.  Hopefully, the patents, property and other assets will be acquired by another entitiy not bound by the illegal agreement coerced by the government.

After Smith & Wesson - we'll start on Colt.
Link Posted: 3/17/2001 5:36:27 AM EDT
[#4]
I am not going to buy Colt. Same reason of S&W.
Link Posted: 3/17/2001 7:02:45 AM EDT
[#5]
the better companies (kimber,s-a h-k etc. even taurus) respond to customer needs to create sales, reputation. only logical. the lesser companies(colt) respond to stockholders desires and are governed by corporate decision(probably most of who are not gun people) for the sake of generating profit. eventually this is bound to catch up with them. evidence by the fact that only recently have they decided to come off thier high hartford horsey, to tone down the cost of the saa revolver, so to be enjoyed by the cowboy guys, no doubt to help them with thier "tainted" 100year plus reputation. let`s face it, if you don`t keep up with the shooting public, you are destined for failure. colt has made a fortune over the past with gov. contracts. therefore, the product picture and value changed as far as the general public was concerned. so the quality of 1911`s became questionable,unless you are willing to take a second mortgage or something similar. and who the hell wants to pay 2500$ for a handgun and not want to shoot it? no offense to collectors, but let`s face it,you are not the majority. so colt has placed itself in the high price category and unds up suffering eventually.
Link Posted: 3/17/2001 7:12:17 AM EDT
[#6]
so then, the company has put itself in the situation of "here`s MY ar rifle, and you want it because it says colt"...says who? sure there are a lot of good colts but think about the sales they have lost due to agressive customer service and quality control by other companies. not to mention marketing. by now,you would think that that company could put out top of the line product that meets AND beats any competition in quality AND price, ESPECIALLY on a product they have been making for about 100 years! example; go to the shops, try to find a gov model blue 1911. ( NOT 1991a1) IF you can, compare to kimber for one, you`ll see the difference. that`s what greed will do to a company. just my opinion. i do love 1911`s...B&G
Link Posted: 3/17/2001 1:58:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Smith and Wesson screwed us here in Maryland.  Just as the Maryland legislature was about to vote down the "Smart Gun" bill here S&W cut this deal and publically stated that they would have a smart gun ready in 2 years.  This killed the pro-RKBA legislators in the Maryland assembly.  By the way, S&W lied they were no where near being close to having a workable smart gun.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 3/17/2001 2:34:42 PM EDT
[#8]
If you want to truly boycott S&W, you need to give up alot more than just S&W marked products.  They manufacture slides, frames and other parts for some well known firearm manufacturers.    Don't bother buying a Kimber or Weatherby.  Harley Davidson is also off limits.  

S&W also has a facility that performs  many types of industrial plating / coating.  Need to boycott all items that S&W plated / coated.  

How about boycotting all the all the companies that do business with S&W.  We have Hogue, Wilson Combat, Federal, Winchester, Black Hills, Remington ect...........  

While at it, boycott any FFl that is currently or has ever been a dealer for new S&W products.  

Anyone out there willing to give out-of-work S&W employees a job when the company folds?  I am talking about the loyal employees that have had served the firearms community for four or more generations.  

It is much easier to tell everyone proudly that you are now boycotting S&W, than actually doing it.  

OSA
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top