Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 10/12/2004 10:31:20 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/12/2004 10:54:49 AM EST by redleg13a]
Is there much demand for the "pre-ban" version of this rifle in the non-free states? I have one I'm thinking about selling. I just bought an M4 kit and am thinking about getting a new non-neutered 20" rifle. This one does not have the bayonet lug, but is a pre-ban bought in '92. It's also a slab side with large holes.

What's the interest level on mine? Could I get enough to buy a new rifle out of the deal if I sold it to someone in a non-free state? My impression is that Colt's are not highly regarded even in the non-free states because of the odd pin sizes.

Edit because I'm an idiot. After reading my post again, it was hard to tell what I was asking.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 10:38:05 AM EST

Originally Posted By redleg13a:
My impression is that Colt's are not highly regarded even in the non-free states.

Class envy
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 10:42:56 AM EST
It's like a Chevy vs Dodge vs Ford thing.

I have a Colt HBAR and it operates flawlessly, accurate as hell. Piece of American history.

It's not the only brand of AR I own, and I actually have my eye on a Bushy at a local pawnshop also.

You've found a good deal on a Colt? Go for it. In spite of what you'll read here they're great rifles. Certainly better than some other brands.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 10:56:44 AM EST

Originally Posted By gamesniper:
It's like a Chevy vs Dodge vs Ford thing.

I have a Colt HBAR and it operates flawlessly, accurate as hell. Piece of American history.

It's not the only brand of AR I own, and I actually have my eye on a Bushy at a local pawnshop also.

You've found a good deal on a Colt? Go for it. In spite of what you'll read here they're great rifles. Certainly better than some other brands.

Sorry, not looking to buy a Colt. I want to buy a new rifle, but I don't get wrapped up around a name. I'll buy a Colt if it uses standard sized pins. Also looking at Bushmaster, Rock River, DPMS, whatever. Not picky. I'll even build my own if my M4 project goes well.

I edited my original post to actually explain what I was asking. I'm a numbnuts sometimes.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 11:38:27 AM EST
Bump because I'm curious.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 12:32:32 PM EST
I have a DPMS (the "other" I mentioned) and except for being a little finnicky with mags (usually the cheap steel ones) it operates and shoots good also.
Top Top