Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/20/2017 12:35:52 PM EDT
Colt CQBP M45A1 Decommissioned 1911 USMC Special Operations Pistol
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 12:41:48 PM EDT
[#1]
So a US marshal firearm failure is a boon to collectors...
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 12:47:44 PM EDT
[#2]
That guy sounds like a late night infomercial. He barely talks about the gun but keeps repeating prices, value, and collectability.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 12:50:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I would love to own one. But i love military surplus stuff
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 12:51:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes, for U.S. Martial arms collectors. US Marshal arms collectors not so much.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 12:57:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That guy sounds like a late night infomercial. He barely talks about the gun but keeps repeating prices, value, and collectability.
View Quote
Well he wants to be sure you know that rare clapped out Colt 1911 is worth $3000!
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 1:02:01 PM EDT
[#6]
LOL

"i would say the price is gonna settle in between 2 & 5... thousand."

On gunbroker right now and theres multiple available for around 1600 that are in way better condition than the beat to shit one he has in the video....
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 1:03:14 PM EDT
[#7]
The first few on GB went under 1400 if i recall, then up to 1800 then 2200.  Guys were flipping them in mid 3s a week later.  A local guy got one that was in pretty good shape.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 1:06:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
LOL

On gunbroker right now and theres multiple available for around 1600 that are in way better condition than the beat to shit one he has in the video....
View Quote
Are they guns that were issued though?
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 1:06:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 1:08:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Are they guns that were issued though?
View Quote
http://www.gunbroker.com/item/639382677

this one is and its 1525 currently same condition as his was....definitely not 2 to 5 thousand
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 1:08:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
LOL

View Quote
nvm - your post above shows otherwise.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 1:13:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
nvm - your post above shows otherwise.
View Quote
I don't know, I guess since I'm not a collector I can't understand paying that much for a beat to shit 1911.

Apparently some people are paying that much for them.

EDIT: On second thought if I was a vet that carried one I could see the appeal

If I WAS gonna drop the cash on one I'd buy this one thats listed as NIB & USMC marked.
http://www.gunbroker.com/item/638865759
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 1:16:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

this one is and its 1525 currently same condition as his was....definitely not 2 to 5 thousand
View Quote
Already has 7 bids and still has 10 days left.. it'll surpass 2k.

Wish I had picked one up for $1350 a month ago when they first got listed as a BIN price.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 1:26:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Wish I had picked one up for $1350 a month ago when they first got listed as a BIN price.
View Quote
True, but it seems like other stuff like this in that if you don't get it on the initial buy just wait it out. Now is the hottest time to sell one, right?
If you wait a few months the demand will come down and you can find one for a price closer to the original 1350.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 1:26:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Any idea why they're already dropping the M45A1? I thought they just got them a few years ago?
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 1:31:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Any idea why they're already dropping the M45A1? I thought they just got them a few years ago?
View Quote
Because they decided they wanted a sidearm that works
I believe I read on here the frames were cracking initially during some testing and possibly remember something about the finish as well. Don't quote me on that though (looking it up now)
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 1:35:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I believe I read on here the frames were cracking initially during some testing and possibly remember something about the finish as well. Don't quote me on that though (looking it up now)
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is a finish issue only. The cerakote was failing, so they rejected the batch, and Colt is doing a true surface treatment instead of glorified paint.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 1:36:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote
Oops.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 1:37:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

This is a finish issue only. The cerakote was failing, so they rejected the batch, and Colt is doing a true surface treatment instead of glorified paint.
View Quote
So they (USMC) are still sticking with the M45A1?

I wondered if maybe they were going to the M9A3 or something for a moment.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 1:43:36 PM EDT
[#20]
I wish I had the cash available when the first batch of these came out for sale.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 1:44:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

SOCOM is going w the Glock 19.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 1:44:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote
The entire USMC was never solely adopting the Colt M45A1, as its main sidearm. The Colt "won" a contract for guns for the cool guy units not everyone. They then even more recently adopted the Glock 19.

The Slides were cracking and apparently the entire testing and bidding situation was a fucked up mess:
http://soldiersystems.net/2012/07/20/marsoc-winning-colt-guns/
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 1:44:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This isn't a force-wide issued weapon. But whomever is supposed to be using these things are still going to be (at least able to) getting them. Just with a different finish.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 1:46:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I don't think the entire USMC was/is ever solely adopting the Colt M45A1, as its main sidearm. The Colt "won" a contract for guns for the cool guy units not everyone. The more recently adopted the Glock 19.

The Slides were cracking:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't think the entire USMC was/is ever solely adopting the Colt M45A1, as its main sidearm. The Colt "won" a contract for guns for the cool guy units not everyone. The more recently adopted the Glock 19.

The Slides were cracking:
That is a separate issue that has nothing to do with the guns in question. The current M45A1, so far as anyone has reported, does not have the same problems as you story from 2012.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 1:46:43 PM EDT
[#25]
I really recommend checking out the MEU(SOC)/M45A1 thread in the 1911 forum. Lots and lots of good information in that thread concerning these guns and the testing and adoption process.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 1:47:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Aren't these the ones that had frames cracking? A fool and his money and all that...
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 1:47:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

This isn't a force-wide issued weapon. But whomever is supposed to be using these things are still going to be (at least able to) getting them. Just with a different finish.
View Quote
Thanks for the clarification with the issue being the finish.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 1:48:39 PM EDT
[#28]
I entered a raffle for 20 bucks for one of these. I'll see who else wins this time
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 1:48:55 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

That is a separate issue that has nothing to do with the guns in question. The current M45A1, so far as anyone has reported, does not have the same problems as you story from 2012.
View Quote
That's right I believe Colt reworked and corrected the issue if I recall reading correctly.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 5:51:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Yawn. Wake me when the commemorative MARSOC Glocks get here...
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 5:54:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Yawn. Wake me when the commemorative MARSOC Glocks get here...
View Quote
I'll ride in this boat too. Not sure why they tried to polish an old turd with this one.

Link Posted: 4/21/2017 7:34:16 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

True, but it seems like other stuff like this in that if you don't get it on the initial buy just wait it out. Now is the hottest time to sell one, right?
If you wait a few months the demand will come down and you can find one for a price closer to the original 1350.
View Quote
I hope you're right lol
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 7:56:23 AM EDT
[#33]
So there are X Marines

There's a thread in the 1911 forum with lots of pics of these
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 8:03:42 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

About the only way I'm buying one is getting in my time machine and buying one then.  No way I'd ever pay $2k+ for one...
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 8:07:12 AM EDT
[#35]
Prices will settle back down, not worth it for the price. Anyone that jumped on the original deal got a good price.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 8:14:32 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If you notice, the M45A1 and the current Colt Rail Guns are different than the pre-2015 commercial Colt Rail Gun. The front cocking serrations are different and in a different position and the light rail is bulkier. Those were the fixes to those problems. These guns were returned solely due to the poor performance of the Cerakote finish. Colt replaced them with new M45A1s with an IonBond finish.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 8:18:25 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
About the only way I'm buying one is getting in my time machine and buying one then.  No way I'd ever pay $2k+ for one...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pick up a few for me.  

Having one would be neat, but not at the prices they're at.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 8:59:16 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote
what if Marshall Law is declared?
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 9:08:35 AM EDT
[#39]
To rich for my blood
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 9:44:45 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
Up to $2725 with 9 days left to go
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 9:51:33 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 9:52:52 AM EDT
[#42]
Fools and their money.....
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 9:53:31 AM EDT
[#43]
I posted a thread about a month or two ago talking about the Cold M45A1. Looking over the specs of it and Springfield Armory pistols, it seemed as though the Springfield is the way to go. I still plan on getting the Springfield when I get home, I just have to look up which one it was again. I can't remember if it was the TRP, Loaded, or something else.

Basically the difference came down to the price, and I'm not too much of a fan of Colt.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 9:59:11 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I posted a thread about a month or two ago talking about the Cold M45A1. Looking over the specs of it and Springfield Armory pistols, it seemed as though the Springfield is the way to go. I still plan on getting the Springfield when I get home, I just have to look up which one it was again. I can't remember if it was the TRP, Loaded, or something else.

Basically the difference came down to the price, and I'm not too much of a fan of Colt.
View Quote
The TRP has some features over the loaded but I got the loaded. No complaints

Link Posted: 4/21/2017 10:12:34 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote
Current bid: $2750

Soooooooooooo
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 10:54:42 AM EDT
[#46]
Some of you guys are living on another planet.  NIB USMC marked M45s have been selling for $3-4k all along.  

These decommissioned pistols were actual military 1911s used during wartime that have a documentary history and were swapped out for new M45A1s.  The story goes that the Marine Corps wanted them refinished to IonBond and Colt said it would be easier to send new IonBond finished guns.

These will be *extremely* collectable in short order.  If you don't "get it" then this isn't for you.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 10:57:43 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Fools and their money.....
View Quote
Let me guess. You "invest" by using a savings account.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 1:18:24 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Pick up a few for me.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pick up a few for me.  

Agree with both of you.

Quoted:

Springfield MC Operator is another good option. I really like mine.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 4:38:50 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Let me guess. You "invest" by using a savings account.
View Quote
If your "investments" are in very niche collector guns then I suggest you re-evaluate your portfolio. These aren't exactly the examples that will pull tens of thousands at a Rock Island auction years from now.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 5:01:12 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote
Check out the Colt Combat Unit. Similar to the M45 but with front strap checkering, single side safety, black ionbond finish and front night sight.

I chose the CCU over a TRP based mainly on the nicer finish and standard bushing/takedown.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top