Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/29/2002 8:54:30 PM EDT

[url=http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/1227murder-suicidecall27-ON.html]Girl calls 911 minutes before murder-suicide[/url]

Associated Press
Dec. 27, 2002 02:30 PM

DENVER - An 8-year-old called 911 and told a dispatcher that her father had threatened to "pop" her stepmother with a handgun. Nine minutes later, police found the girl, her parents and her 4-year-old half-brother dead.

An autopsy confirmed that Ernest Hernandez, 40, shot his common-law wife, Tosha Wasserburger, 29; Michaela, 8; and Mykel, 4, with [red]an automatic handgun[/red] before killing himself. Hernandez was drunk at the time.

Michaela, a second-grader, called police at 3:22 a.m. Dec. 20 and said her parents were fighting. "My dad slapped her in her face and just pushed her back," she said.

She told the dispatcher she heard her father load a gun. "My dad's holding the gun telling that he'd pop my stepmom Tosha," she said.

At the end of the three-minute call, the dispatcher assured Michaela that officers were on the way and reminded her to stay safe and remain on the line.

Then there was a long pause and her stepmother was heard saying "She's calling 911." The phone went dead. Hernandez answered the phone when the dispatcher called back. He said, "911. Who called 911?" before hanging up.

A second call was picked up by the answering machine for Hernandez's business.

Officers arrived at the rented house nine minutes later, police spokesman Lt. Skip Arms said Friday. When no one answered the door, they kicked in the front door and found the bodies in a downstairs bedroom.

Hernandez had both personal and financial problems. His heating and air conditioning company had been struggling, and the bank was about to repossess the company van. He also was behind in paying state taxes.

Police said Friday that Hernandez had lost his bid to win full custody of Michaela, his daughter from a previous marriage, on Dec. 19, the day before the slayings.

Police had been called to the home in July and October because of domestic disputes.
View Quote
F@CK I [b][red]HATE[/red][/b] it when kids are involved in worthless pieces of shit erasing themselves.

Headline should have read:
"Drunk mutherfucking wife-beater and co-dependant mother team up to create [u]unlivable[/u] circumstance for their kids." [V]

As an aside:

"automatic handgun"? Hmmm... why do I not think so?

Link Posted: 12/29/2002 9:08:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
[url=http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/1227murder-suicidecall27-ON.html]Girl calls 911 minutes before murder-suicide[/url]
[red]an automatic handgun[/red]As an aside:

"automatic handgun"? Hmmm... why do I not think so?

View Quote

Was it an old Broomhandle, or a Glock 18?

Scott

Link Posted: 12/29/2002 9:12:06 PM EDT
[#2]
What a piece of crap!  There's a special place in hell for people like that!
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 10:20:55 PM EDT
[#3]
i should have never read this post. now im pissed off again for a few days.

those poor children.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top