Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/13/2014 2:59:35 PM EDT
Surely just a coincidence.  Say, when's the next election?

link

DENVER (CBS4) - Colorado’s Department of Motor Vehicles mistakenly issued U.S. citizen driver’s licenses to 524 non-citizens, including some illegal immigrants, CBS4 has learned.

The licenses look like those given to state residents. The DMV blamed a software problem at a contractor, who is working with DMV to retrieve the licenses and re-issue correct IDs.
View Quote

Colorado lawmakers passed a law that took effect Aug. 1 that grants licenses to non-citizens to improve public safety by making sure that all drivers in the state, regardless of their status, are licensed. They are marked, however, with a black strip that reads “Not Valid For Federal Identification, Voting or Public Benefit Purposes.”
View Quote

“The worry that I have, now that I’ve learned about this, is people could show up to register and vote the same day and their driver’s licenses don’t have that indicator,” said Secretary of State Scott Gessler.
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 3:02:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Yet took away gun rights...  
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 3:08:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Dayam.  It's like I never left California.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 3:09:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Yep. Off to voter registration now.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 3:10:46 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm sure they'll recall those because they got caught and it hit the news. I wonder how many times this has happened where it wasn't reported? Illegals walking around with a US .gov ID and those IDs were never recalled.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 3:19:18 PM EDT
[#5]
They are not the only state that are considered "havens."

Link Posted: 9/13/2014 3:29:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Well at least the illegals cant buy new 30rd mags.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 3:32:57 PM EDT
[#7]
WA DOL/DMV guy here. We've been doing this for years. We at one point just had people sign a form testifying that they lived at a WA address. We now make them go through a interview to show us some proof now. We don't mark licenses with temp status or immigration status. They all look the same except for one scary difference. We do issue identity not verified licenses provided they show us one document showing name and DOB.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 3:35:44 PM EDT
[#8]
In Texas, we used to issue licenses to illegals.  All they had to do was sign a form stating they did not have a SSN and that was it.  We stopped the practice several years ago, and most of those licenses have expired, but they all think they can still drive on them.  Heck, they all drive on those worthless (and often fake) Mexican consular Matricula cards that many states, such as California, want to use as legitimate forms of governmental ID.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 3:36:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Who would have guessed, part of the long term plan.

The Libtards may be idiots but they plan long term.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 3:37:56 PM EDT
[#10]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

In Texas, we used to issue licenses to illegals.  All they had to do was sign a form stating they did not have a SSN and that was it.  We stopped the practice several years ago, and most of those licenses have expired, but they all think they can still drive on them.  Heck, they all drive on those worthless (and often fake) Mexican consular Matricula cards that many states, such as California, want to use as legitimate forms of governmental ID.
View Quote
Mexican Mat Cons and Federal Electoral Cards with their CURP count as two pieces of ID for us.

Link Posted: 9/13/2014 3:45:44 PM EDT
[#11]
I've seen so many fake ones... we generally confiscate them if they are obvious fakes... often they are on keycard type cards with the fake matricula "Card" paper printed out and glued on top of it.  It is generally a poor job and very easy to detect.  They always get argumentative when you take them though.  We also see many of them driving around with fake Mexico, Guatemala, and El Salvador drivers licenses.  Mexico ones are most often faked and are easy to spot because they look like they came from an old shitty printer... very pixelated logos.  They often can't remember the fake information on them, so when questioned, they give all different information.

EDIT: The sad part here is that many organizations are pushing for the Consular ID cards and South American driver licenses to be legitimate forms of governmental ID... yet do not want them prosecuted for Fictitious Governmental Documents if they are caught with a fake one... alleging that it is not a government document.  Kind of want their cake and eat it too.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 3:50:09 PM EDT
[#12]
The consulate service center in Bellevue does a terrible job at making original Matricula Consular cards. Laminate all messed up, crooked, birthdays not even close, etc.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 3:55:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The consulate service center in Bellevue does a terrible job at making original Matricula Consular cards. Laminate all messed up, crooked, birthdays not even close, etc.
View Quote

My biggest gripe is there is no central database with the information for the Matricula Cards.  Each processing center is its own little world, so if a guy gets one in Austin, then goes to Bellevue to get one, he could give false information and they would have no way of knowing.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 4:30:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Yep. Off to voter registration now.
View Quote

No doubt done at the same time.  Guess which party?  Thanks "Motor Voter".
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 4:56:39 PM EDT
[#15]
that's Dupe
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 4:58:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Obviously....dope is as dope does.

Aloha, Mark
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 5:25:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Dayam.  It's like I never left California.
View Quote

The difference is CA does not yet issue licenses to Illegals. But we will go the Colorado route in a year or so.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 5:26:40 PM EDT
[#18]
just pandering to get Dem votes to keep the CO legislature Dem.......

that's all this is.  

I will be leaving CO if the legislature stays Dem.  Fuck that shit.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 1:22:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Coworker was talking about moving to Colorado last night. I explained to him it would be illegal for him to take his 20 & 30 round mags with him there. He had no idea.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 1:26:02 PM EDT
[#20]
My state has fallen.  Too many libs and illegals.  We might gain some back at election but it won't last long.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 1:29:31 PM EDT
[#21]
So how is this related to Ebola?
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 1:32:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
My state has fallen.  Too many libs and illegals.  We might gain some back at election but it won't last long.
View Quote

The real problem is the concentration of power in liberal areas.  Conservatives aren't coming here, we never left....but our power is being dissolved by all the god damn liberals moving here.

I'm looking for an exit.  Soon.  It's not going to get better.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 1:33:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Colorado is going to shit.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 1:40:10 PM EDT
[#24]
sooo.......what is the point of having a license if they just give them to anyone?
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 1:57:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

The real problem is the concentration of power in liberal areas.  Conservatives aren't coming here, we never left....but our power is being dissolved by all the god damn liberals moving here.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Washington 2.0?
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 2:02:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Surely just a coincidence.  Say, when's the next election?

link

DENVER (CBS4) - Colorado’s Department of Motor Vehicles mistakenly issued U.S. citizen driver’s licenses to 524 non-citizens, including some illegal immigrants, CBS4 has learned.

The licenses look like those given to state residents. The DMV blamed a software problem at a contractor, who is working with DMV to retrieve the licenses and re-issue correct IDs.
View Quote

Colorado lawmakers passed a law that took effect Aug. 1 that grants licenses to non-citizens to improve public safety by making sure that all drivers in the state, regardless of their status, are licensed. They are marked, however, with a black strip that reads “Not Valid For Federal Identification, Voting or Public Benefit Purposes.”
View Quote

“The worry that I have, now that I’ve learned about this, is people could show up to register and vote the same day and their driver’s licenses don’t have that indicator,” said Secretary of State Scott Gessler.
View Quote
View Quote

This is what happens when the idiot voters elect idiot marxists.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top