Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/7/2002 7:54:20 AM EDT
Is it just me or is it really getting worse by the week? Three times this morning, I had to brake hard to avoid a collision. Stupid, ignorant, spaced-out drivers. There are lines on the street, those mark the lanes. Stay within the lines, the lines are your friends! If you should decide to change lanes, use the bloody turn signals, especially if you're pulling in about 3 ft. in front of me, numbnuts. And use them properly, if you would please. The left blinkers for left turns, the right blinkers for right turns. It's easy! Parking at the median, with your left blinkers on, you WILL surprise me when you suddenly pull the right, right in front of me, and I WILL be angry. You don't want me to be angry, trust me on that one. Where did you guys get your driver's licenses from anyway? the Sears-Dumbfsck mail-order catalogue? And if you're going 20 miles faster than the posted speed limit, some cop WILL pull you over, and he's not racially profiling you, it just happens that about 80% of the nutcase drivers out there ARE Mexicans with 7 bouncing kids and a couple of yapping chihuahuas in a shitty old pickup or some other beaten up vehicle with a mattress and a couple of plywood sheets strapped to the roof.
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 8:21:00 AM EDT
[#1]
If that was you this morning on Hampden, I am sorry I was turning the page in my book and trying not to spill my coffee. And YES traffic is getting worse it's all the left coasters moving in.
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 8:24:51 AM EDT
[#2]
I am so happy I can avoid T-Rex. I so want to move to Salida and ruin their traffic.
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 8:34:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Three times this morning, I had to brake hard to avoid a collision.
View Quote

At least you can get up to a speed that you have to brake hard. Around Boston, dragging your feet is enough to be considered 'braking hard'![:)]

If you should decide to change lanes, use the bloody turn signals, especially if you're pulling in about 3 ft. in front of me, numbnuts.
View Quote

Turn signals?? Are they an extra option you have to buy with the car? (At times I think I'm the only one that has them).

And if you're going 20 miles faster than the posted speed limit, some cop WILL pull you over...
View Quote

Is that possible?? You actually can reach the posted speed limit? How do you manage to put on makeup, shave or read the paper? It must be a fantasy! Good Joke!! LOL

Link Posted: 5/7/2002 8:58:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Its really is bad, but there have always been bad drivers, I used to get really really mad, I used to be the guy screaming with his middle finger out the window, but now I just try and relax, and calm down, the best thing to do is just give yourself plenty of time to get where your going. because if you are in a hurry you will hit all the red lights, and get all the slow folks in the buicks in fron of you.
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 9:20:10 AM EDT
[#5]
You guys think that was bad?...He! He! He! Try the Washington DC area Beltway. It is so bad that we had so many road rages and traffic shooting for the past years....And added to the misery, we had hazardous waste spilling and at one time a truck full of live rockets turned over. They had to close all the lanes both way for hours and you can imagine the back up. And many time when a jumper (killing themselves) try to jump off the Wilson bridge (part of the beltway) they too closed up both way. Aaaghh! The frustration of every day commute.
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 9:37:52 AM EDT
[#6]
[b]...it just happens that about 80% of the nutcase drivers out there ARE Mexicans with 7 bouncing kids and a couple of yapping chihuahuas in a shitty old pickup or some other beaten up vehicle with a mattress and a couple of plywood sheets strapped to the roof.
[/b]

Hey!!! I see that guy every time I drive through Denver.

Notice the word through. I don't stop until I'm on the other side. It don't matter which direction I'm going.
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 9:44:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 9:53:06 AM EDT
[#8]
I lived in DC for a few years, and have traveled to NYC/Manhattan so often that I think I live there too! They are both terrible, but nothing compared to downtown Boston. Traffic routes change daily, exits open/close without notice, road closures, 3 lane hiways cut down to single lane! There use to be a 'rush hour' in Boston...7-9am & 4-6pm. Now its backed up all the time, even 11pm at night. About the only 'good' time to travel through Boston, is Sunday Morning....so goes the "Big Dig".

Link Posted: 5/7/2002 10:02:45 AM EDT
[#9]
If speed limits were at all realistic, almost no one would be driving 20mph over them!
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 3:07:06 PM EDT
[#10]
What erks me is standing at a red light waiting to go ahead. The others to my left, turning left on a green arrow, continue to turn left after my light has turned green! Then when you proceed they look at you like your WRONG! They just keep following the car in front of them even though the light is red thinking "well he got through so I can slip through too!" Kind of makes me miss living in Germany where they still have mandatory drivers school to obtain a drivers license. Getting a license is almost like obtaining a pilots license! They even have shows on TV about driving correctly and reinforce driving basics!

I questioned my insurance agent about the rising cost of my auto insurance, even though I have a accident free record. He said it was because of the illegals here in CO driving without insurance, causing accidents then fleeing "South".
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 3:17:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
What erks me is standing at a red light waiting to go ahead. The others to my left, turning left on a green arrow, continue to turn left after my light has turned green! Then when you proceed they look at you like your WRONG! They just keep following the car in front of them even though the light is red thinking "well he got through so I can slip through too!" Kind of makes me miss living in Germany where they still have mandatory drivers school to obtain a drivers license. Getting a license is almost like obtaining a pilots license! They even have shows on TV about driving correctly and reinforce driving basics!.
View Quote

Wow! I though that only L.A. do people drive like that.

You people should take a course on how to drive and the driving laws before they are issued a drivers license then there would be fewer of these problems.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top