Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/1/2015 1:19:02 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 1:26:03 PM EDT
[#1]
So I guess these things really work?  My wife, and therefore my sone are both colorblind. I feel so bad for them. They thought my bright red Z28 was brown

These glasses are expensive. If they work its worth it.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 1:50:35 PM EDT
[#2]
didnt even know that technology existed
had a colorblind friend try and be a electrician apprentice once
turns out not all wires are black and white
thankfully he got fired before he hurt somebody or himself
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 2:19:58 PM EDT
[#3]
One of our members just got a pair as a gift. I might get a pair for myself some day.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1782777_One_of_the_Coolest_Gifts_I_ve_Ever_Gotten.html

Sorry, my hotlink button doesn't work since I update my iPad.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 2:26:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
didnt even know that technology existed
had a colorblind friend try and be a electrician apprentice once
turns out not all wires are black and white
thankfully he got fired before he hurt somebody or himself
View Quote

We had a guy pass (ship) navigation school colorblind.  Nobody figured it out.

His dad was a powerful government official (I won't say who), and got him the appointment.  Cheated on the dot test somehow to get in.  Memorized flashing light and all the other computer programs at the time.  Apparently the question banks were only so large and he just memorized the whole thing?  I don't know, I'm an engineer.

But this guy made it all the way through, and finally got popped by the Navy doc on his precommissioning physical.

By then, he was like 4 weeks from graduation, and had passed everything.  His dad pulled some strings and he was allowed to graduate with no commitment.  Not commissionable, couldn't get his license to sail, but had a free college education and a degree.  Free ride, ring, and everything.  He went to work in a cushy government service job they set up for him.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 2:36:19 PM EDT
[#5]
So do these things actually work?  I'm poking around the website, and it says about 80% of R-G colorblind men will see some improvement (the other 20% are hopeless ).

My dad is colorblind, and I very well might buy a pair for him if they're really the cat's ass...
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 2:39:41 PM EDT
[#6]
That's pretty cool. Normally I visit LiveLeak to watch desert people get shot, or jungle people throw chairs in Red Lobster. This was a nice change.

Reminded me of this

Baby puts on glasses for the first time
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 2:41:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Apparently, they're fully returnable within 30 days if you happen to be in the 20% of R-G colorblindness that they won't work for you.

Sounds like low enough risk to me.

I think maybe I'll buy my dad a pair...
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 2:44:35 PM EDT
[#8]
I'd like to try a pair.

Everything in my industry is color coded.

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 2:44:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top