Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/7/2002 3:54:50 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 4:28:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Got this email from the CSSA:

"Senate Appropriations committee today "killed" HB 1410 on a 5-5 vote.  Democrat Peggy Reeves, rumored to be the swing vote, swung the wrong way.   There is a possibility (pigs could fly!) that the bill can be reconsidered, but it is highly unlikely.  However, stranger things have happened in the last few hours of a legislative session.  We will be watching closely to see what shakes out, but the session ends tomorrow night at midnight."
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 4:51:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 6:49:59 PM EDT
[#3]
WTF, they vote more than once on a bill????  Is the idea to vote until you get the desired result?
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 6:50:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 7:03:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Hey theDave,
As far as I know, the latest from RMGO is:

[url=]http://www.rmgo.org/HB14104.html[/url]

Link Posted: 5/7/2002 7:07:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

What really gets me is that Matsunaka will get all the mileage he can from his co-sponsorship of the bill, and he had probably made a behind the scenes deal to make sure it was killed at 11:59 and 59 seconds.  
View Quote

HB 1242 died in Judiciary almost two weeks ago.

Although I didn't support 1410 for reasons I've already stated, I do agree with you that Matsunaka was simply after brownie points with his support of this bill.  He is welcome to the publicity for his co-sponsorship of 1410.  If he really believes that this will help him with his congressional campaign in the strongly conservative 4th congressional district, well then, he's nearly as stupid as he looks.  I'm fairly certain that Musgrave will be occupying that seat in D.C. after the election.
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 7:24:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 9:28:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Why, Why, Why? [>(][>(]

While I didn't think that this was the best bill I did believe it was a big step towards a reasonable shall issue. ie we would get a 1242 in 3-5 years. Oh it almost makes me want to cry.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top