Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 3/30/2009 3:27:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/30/2009 3:28:51 AM EDT by Danj]
This dude is a huge BS artist. He is the kind of guy that will go to a bar buy drinks pretend he is drinking then meanwhile he will go into the bathroom and pour them out. Then he will pretend he is drinking as much and is drunk.

He graduated from high school with me. Goes to a good university in the south. He ends up leaving abruptly after his freshman year. His story is that he was accused of plagiarism by a professor. He says the professor hated him because he was a huge conservative and she was a huge liberal. He solicited letters from fellow high school graduates attesting to the fact that he would never plagiarize. He says that he was cleared of all charges, the professor was suspended, and the president of the college begged his dad not to sue them. He says that he didn't go back because he was so angry he didn't want to step foot on the campus. Mutual friends went to the same university with him, never heard of this, and never saw him on campus. It is a very small campus.

He ends up taking off the first semester of his sophomore year and then the second semester enrolls in an even better university in the northeast. He insists that he had a near 4.0 average at the previous college and that's why he got in. He was accepted to both colleges in high school. He ends up graduating at least a year later than everyone else. He does an entire college year doing independent studies. He conceals the fact he is even going to college, lives at home for that year while still enrolled in a college three hundred miles away.

Does his story make sense at all? When plagiarism accusations are made are they generally slam dunk cases? I have never heard of anyone being cleared of plagiarism nor has any of my friends. Generally don't they expel you from school and wipe your transcript and records of ever going to that school clean? Wouldn't that make sense as to why he had to do at least four years at this new school because he couldn't transfer credits?

Link Posted: 3/30/2009 4:03:34 AM EDT
He graduated with a degree from a better school?
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 4:04:18 AM EDT
Yeah apparently he did.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 4:41:16 AM EDT
i had a friend like that in highschool.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 4:43:33 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Danj:
Yeah apparently he did.

Looks like he had the last laugh.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 4:53:12 AM EDT

Originally Posted By PanzerMK7:
Yeah apparently he did.

His parents always bail him out of any situation he gets himself into. They just throw money at him. He has never worked an actual job in his life.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 4:54:54 AM EDT
This thread reminds me, a lot, of the one where some guy was complaining about his buddy passing OCS. Or something.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 4:58:37 AM EDT

Originally Posted By PanzerMK7:
Yeah apparently he did.

His parents always bail him out of any situation he gets himself into. They just throw money at him. He has never worked an actual job in his life.

You sound kind of bitter that he hasn't failed, you'd have to be, to be butthurt enough to go online and solicit the opinions of strangers to prop up your faltering opinions. I get the impression you really wanted to see him fall flat on his face.

If he has no work ethic he will still be a failure, give it time, but if he is successful then maybe you're the sucker and he's the winner.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 5:00:34 AM EDT
Originally Posted By JBlitzen:
This thread reminds me, a lot, of the one where some guy was complaining about his buddy passing OCS. Or something.

I was thinking the same thing.....

Link Posted: 3/30/2009 5:01:38 AM EDT
I was accused of plagiarism because I missed a citation. It happens and people aren't generally thrown out for it.

I call BS unless he blatantly copied and pasted his paper from the web.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 5:07:10 AM EDT
When Matthew Coster was expelled from Central Connecticut State University in 2006 for plagiarism, he was adamant that he’d done nothing wrong. Yet a paper he wrote about the Holocaust was “nearly identical” to a classmate’s, except that Coster’s contained grammatical and spelling errors, The Hartford Courant reported.

Coster, who now attends school at a community college, maintains his innocence today. He and his family have sued his former classmate, Cristina Duquette, whose work Coster allegedly copied, according to The Hartford Courant.

Both Coster and Duquette turned their papers in to their professor via e-mail attachment because the professor said he had not received their work on time. Coster, however, says he had not missed the assignment’s due date.

Coster’s family hired an independent technology consultant who found that Coster’s e-mail attachment was created on May 14, 2006. On May 15, Coster made final edits to his paper, and then he said he put his paper in the professor’s unsecured mailbox.

The computer analysis found Duquette’s document was created on May 23. Coster’s attorney says that information proves Coster’s innocence, and that Duquette removed his paper from the mailbox. But Duquette’s attorney suggested the later date on her work was an “inadvertent change” that happened while saving the file, The Hartford Courant reported.

The computer analyst did admit that it is possible to change date stamps on a computer file. However, he said the method used to evaluate the authenticity of the date stamps is reliable.

Coster’s trial is expected to finish by Nov. 22.

The trial is over and the judge found in this kids favor. I am sure the school is bracing for the lawsuit.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 5:19:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/30/2009 5:20:43 AM EDT by Danj]
Bitter and sucker are my middle name. I still have nightmares about my undergrad years. I'm surprised I graduated at all.

I just hate people that lie to my face and exaggerate everything. I am very open about my mistakes in life. He has been BSing everyone on everything that he does for half of his life.
Top Top