Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 10/13/2002 5:37:32 PM EST
I've heard you can get college credit for your service, but have no idea how to go about getting it. Anyone know what I am talking about?
Link Posted: 10/13/2002 6:12:22 PM EST
It all depends on the college and the military experience you have. At a minimum, many universities waive physical education requirements for people who have served in the military. Other schools, such as the university of Maryland, have a straong relationship with the military, offer courses at ships and bases all over the world, and are more likely to give you credit for training you received by the military. If you are in, you need to stop by your local education center. If you are not in the military, getting straight talk from a recruiter is damn near impossible. Truth is - if you avoid the party scene - you should be able to rack up a pretty good amount of college credits in a standard 3-6 year enlistment. It's pretty much what you put into it. Heck the army even has a program now where they will issue you a laptop computer to enroll in correspondence courses. Be warend, as in switching even from "real" college to "real" college, not all classes will transfer directly if you end up going to an actual college afterward. Good luck. Adam
Link Posted: 10/13/2002 6:42:42 PM EST
Yep, check with the University of Maryland. I'm looking at my Official Eval from them. They gave me a total of a total of 39 hours for military training.
Top Top