Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/25/2003 12:06:07 PM EDT
Every thing about this Movie is good! My Cherokee side of the family had more slaves than the white side. Every Yankee needs to see this movie! I was not much of a Nicole Kidman fan until now. I am not an expert on guns of this period , but everything looked right. Detail of the Cherokee Waddle home was good, lots of small detail work in this film. Southerners will like it and so will the wemen folks. Final note yes Nicky gets Nekid.
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 12:09:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Geez and the book sucked.  

Well, Nicole's in it, and she needs to put her ankles around my neck.
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 12:10:47 PM EDT
[#2]
It was filmed in Romania.
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 12:14:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks boring.  Charlie Rose interviewed Nicole Kidman, Jude Law, and the director for an entire hour.  Snore-fest. I only kept it on because Kidman's got to be one of the most beautiful women on earth.
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 12:23:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Every Yankee needs to see this movie!
View Quote

Why does every "Yankee" need to see this movie?  And what does that have to do with the quality of the film?

DG84
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 12:27:44 PM EDT
[#5]
If there's a love scene between Kidman and Zellweger, I'm going. Otherwise, no way.

Link Posted: 12/25/2003 12:27:45 PM EDT
[#6]
The movie's got...

Nicole Kidman and Natalie Portman, oh and um, Renee Zellweger but she ain't so hot anymore.
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 12:28:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Read the book, years ago. I thought it was good, but hated the ending.
Could care less about Nicole Kidman. But Natalie Portman, on the other hand, uuummmm, got wood!
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 12:29:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Every Yankee needs to see this movie!
View Quote

Why does every "Yankee" need to see this movie?  And what does that have to do with the quality of the film?

DG84
View Quote

What what is there to celebrate about a Confederate deserter?
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 12:58:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Maybe, except for the scenes shot around Charleston, SC!
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 1:16:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Significant portions of the film were done in Romania.  There was not sufficient portions of NC/SC that were "period" for them to film in.
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 1:25:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Significant portions of the film were done in Romania.  There was not sufficient portions of NC/SC that were "period" for them to film in.
View Quote

Living in the county that the book was based in, and being able to see the real Cold Mtn from my porch, I can tell you there is plenty of area for a movie like that to be made here, many have been.

Romania is just cheaper.
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 1:50:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Really?
[url]www.ajc.com/news/content/news/1203/25coldmtn.html[/url]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top