Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/7/2006 9:25:28 PM EDT
I used to be a soda junkie...for the past 2 or so years its been water only. A few rum and cokes here and there...well tonight at dinner I got a water at a place that tasted like it came from the toilet so I ordered a Coke Zero...I hate diet soda but you know what??? The stuffs real good!!!

Anyone else like it??? Whats your sugar free soda of choice???
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 9:27:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Diet Pepsi w/ Lime.

Seriously.

I can't drink regular Pepsi, it's too thick and sugary.  I do like regular old Coca-Cola though.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 9:28:37 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I used to be a soda junkie...for the past 2 or so years its been water only. A few rum and cokes here and there...well tonight at dinner I got a water at a place that tasted like it came from the toilet so I ordered a Coke Zero...I hate diet soda but you know what??? The stuffs real good!!!

Coke Zero is Diet Coke Classic.  Regular Diet Coke = New Coke crappy formula from the 80s.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 9:29:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Diet Mountain Dew!
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 9:30:02 PM EDT
[#4]
I want my Fucking Vanilla Coke
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 9:30:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Anyting diet makes me want to  

Now, lets talk Crystal Pepsi...
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 9:32:48 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Coke Zero is Diet Coke Classic.  Regular Diet Coke = New Coke crappy formula from the 80s.

Slurm Queen and Servant

Servant: But master, she is a commoner! Her slurm will taste fould and bitter!

Queen: Thats why we'll market it as New Slurm! Then, when everyone hates it, we'll realease Slurm Classic, and make millions! Muh-hahaha!

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 9:33:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 9:38:47 PM EDT
[#8]

Did they get rid of Vanilla coke?
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 9:45:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Coke Zero aint bad.

I can't drink regular soda... it tastes like syrup!  Well, it IS syrup... with carbonated water.

- BG
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 9:46:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Coke Zero gives me a headache within 10 minutes of drinkin it, so does Lays's Soul Cream and Onion chips.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 9:13:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Coke Zero.... I can't tell the difference between it and regular coke when I serve a refridged can in a glass of ice.  Closest thing to regular coke I've found yet.

Hope they don't discontinue it.  

M4-AK
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 9:17:50 AM EDT
[#12]
Coke Zero and Diet Black Cherry Vanilla Coke are my favorites.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 9:19:48 AM EDT
[#13]
better than diet coke- still has that "diet" taste to me- but I have been trying to drink it to save calories.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 9:20:52 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Whats your sugar free soda of choice???

Diet Jolt.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 9:22:59 AM EDT
[#15]
I like Pepsi One. it is Pepsi's splenda based diet soda.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 9:23:19 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Lays's Soul Cream and Onion chips.

Hmmm, Soul Cream, where can we go with that?
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 9:27:02 AM EDT
[#17]
Why do people drink that diet/sugar free stuff?  At that point it is almost flavord water.  

I cut way down on soda about a year ago, only dirnk it when I go out to eat sometimes, or at a BBQ or something, otherwise its just water.  Crystal light is great too. I know, flavored water, but its a whole lot cheaper.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 9:51:26 AM EDT
[#18]
2% peach... I can drink gallons of this stuff...
Nothing like it in the States... Tastes much better than any soda or fruit juice I have ever had...

For consumers being fed up with pure water, 5∼3% of fruit juice is added to pure water.
The item name 2% means that lack of 2% water in body makes people feel thirst, which have to be quenched by the 2% near water.
Contain L-Carnitine - activate and revive brain, Dietary fiber - good for diet and Calcium lactate - easy to be absorbed into body.
Very light peach, apple juice taste aids refreshing and quenching thirsty

company.lottechilsung.co.kr/eng/product/nearwater.jsp

They also sell plum, pomegranite, and alo juice here too.. All good stuff..
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 10:00:56 AM EDT
[#19]
My all time favorite- Diet Dr. Pepper. That is the only diet pop that actually tastes like the original.

I drink that Coke Zero occasionally. It still tastes like diet but is better than plain diet coke. It really still isn't as sweet as real coke. I personally think they should have replaced old diet coke with this new formula and sold it as the new diet coke instead of coke zero.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 10:02:12 AM EDT
[#20]
Coke Zero, Diet Coke, Diet Mt Dew, and DDP are about all that I drink.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 10:41:16 AM EDT
[#21]
Toss up between Coke Zero and Diet Coke with Splenda

I used to drink Diet Vanilla Coke till they did away with it.

I also like to take Diet Coke from the fountain and add a lemon wedge to it...mmmmmm....
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 10:43:50 AM EDT
[#22]
Having one now.  I also hope they don't discontinue it.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 10:53:23 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Toss up between Coke Zero and Diet Coke with Splenda

I used to drink Diet Vanilla Coke till they did away with it.

I also like to take Diet Coke from the fountain and add a lemon wedge to it...mmmmmm....

Lemon or lime juice will kill the diet taste.  Try it with DDP.  Real good.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 10:54:07 AM EDT
[#24]
once you drink diet soda for a week you won't be able to go back. I used to hate diet sods but I wanted to be slightly more healty so I switched. I can't stand regular now, they are way too thick and syrupy. And every regular soda you drink has as many calories as a whole chocolate bar, so it's a good idea to switch if you drink more then one or two a day. I've lost 20 lbs just from switching to diet sodas in the last year.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 11:24:45 AM EDT
[#25]
After all this talk of how mighty Coke Zero is...

I, Lord of Diet Soda Detesters, shall go to the store, purchase a bottle and take the plunge.

Range report incoming in 10.

Edit: +1 for Coke Zero, the first diet soda that I didn't take one drink out of and throw away. I can still taste a difference, but its not bad and it definatly isn't as thick as regular coke
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 11:29:53 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Lays's Soul Cream and Onion chips.

Hmmm, Soul Cream, where can we go with that?

Soul Cream.....  it is what you need when Soul Glow no longer works.

Soul Cream..... What you put on cereal to make it Soul Food

Soul Cream..... rub on the bottom of your feet to give ones dance steps some rythym

Soul Cream..... what happens anytime that you have a James Bond moment with a girl from the Carribean

Soul Cream.....  What you put on tacos purchased in South Central LA
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 11:50:39 AM EDT
[#27]
Definitely good stuff, have been a diet coke drinker for years now. Wife recently picked up about two cases of coke zero and I told her I liked it better. Since they've been finished she has only picked regular diet coke
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 2:24:46 PM EDT
[#28]
Coke Zero is pretty good, but I prefer regular. Right now I am hooked on Coca-Cola  Vault

It somewhat reminds me of SURGE but not exactly. SURGE ROCKED

Cant get it here anymore though
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 2:27:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 2:28:14 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Coke Zero gives me a headache within 10 minutes of drinkin it, so does Lays's Soul Cream and Onion chips.

Mmmmm....soul cream.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 2:32:05 PM EDT
[#31]
I like it too, but our local vendors seem to have trouble keeping it in stock.  The vending machines here in the hospital always seem to be out and our 2 China-Marts are usually out of it.

It tastes more like a real soda than any other diet soda IMHO.

Ranking:
1.  Coke Zero
2.  Diet Mountain Dew
3.  Diet Pepsi
4.  Diet Coke
5.  Diet A&W root beer
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 11:43:29 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Coke Zero is pretty good, but I prefer regular. Right now I am hooked on Coca-Cola  Vault

Wasn't surge a Coca Cola product? I bet its the exact same formula, at least it tastes identical to me. Of course I haven't tasted Surge in years, but its just like I remember!
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 2:50:57 AM EDT
[#33]
Sprite Zero. The only diet soda that does not taste like a diet soda at all.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 2:57:59 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Diet Mountain Dew!

+1.   Also known to me as "Hangover Helper".
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 11:38:26 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Sprite Zero. The only diet soda that does not taste like a diet soda at all.

may try that.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 11:46:53 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Diet Pepsi w/ Lime.

Seriously.

I can't drink regular Pepsi, it's too thick and sugary.  I do like regular old Coca-Cola though.

yum aspertame, that stuff's good for ya  
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 11:47:34 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
once you drink diet soda for a week you won't be able to go back. I used to hate diet sods but I wanted to be slightly more healty so I switched. I can't stand regular now, they are way too thick and syrupy. And every regular soda you drink has as many calories as a whole chocolate bar, so it's a good idea to switch if you drink more then one or two a day. I've lost 20 lbs just from switching to diet sodas in the last year. hr

Same story here, lost 30 lbs from switching to diet soda ( I drank a LOT of soda). Coke Zero is a godsend in that it is refershing and good tasting, with zero calories.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 11:56:25 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
My all time favorite- Diet Dr. Pepper. That is the only diet pop that actually tastes like the original.

it tastes similar, but i definately don't think it tastes the same.

to be honest, i'm fed up with companies advertising diet drinks as tasting "just like the original".

diet coke does not taste anything like the original
diet pepsi doesn't taste at all like the original
diet dr pepper does not taste like regual dr pepper
coke zero tastes just like diet coke

if you want original taste, stick with the original.  there is no such thing as a diet drink that tastes like the original, and there never will be.  with that said, if i want a diet drink, i go for diet rite or diet rc.  i think they taste better than any of the other diet drinks.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 11:57:18 AM EDT
[#39]
I have been on a strict diet drink thing for about 5 years, and if I take a sip of Mrs gorilla's non-diet drinks, I feel like I'm drinking maple syrup.

I drink Diet Pepsi though. Years of trying it and Diet Coke still tastes horrible to me.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 12:27:11 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Hell yes me too, why did those bastards take that from us?
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 12:31:28 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hell yes me too, why did those bastards take that from us?

Make it yourself

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 4:16:14 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wasn't surge a Coca Cola product? I bet its the exact same formula, at least it tastes identical to me. Of course I haven't tasted Surge in years, but its just like I remember!

I was thinkin the same thing but im not 100% sure if it is, it is close, if not exact though....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top