Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/18/2006 7:09:17 AM EDT
Anyone here able to validify that coffee is bad to drink for you?  I've heard that it'll eat up your stomach?  

How long have you been drinking it?

How much do you drink a day?  How do you take it?  What Kind?
Morning coffee? only? or do you drink it all hours of the day/night?

I've been drinking it approximately 15 years.  In the last 4-5, I drink it almost daily 99% of the time, first thing in the morning.  Kinda like ritual before work.  I take it about 2 cups w/ sweetener and Coffee Mate Liquid Creamer.  

What say you?
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 7:13:37 AM EDT
[#1]
2 to 3 pots a day,  maxwell house or folgers at home on the stong side..  starbucks at work to pacify the coffee snobs I work with.    I like it black , no sugar.

ETA, a cup or two is required before I leave the house.  If i am that late that I cannot make a half a pot, I will stop at the punp-n-dump for a cup
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 7:14:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Last I heard, coffee in moderation is good for your heart.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 7:14:51 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I take it about 2 cups w/ sweetener and Coffee Mate Liquid Creamer.  

What say you?

I say skip that shit and go with a huge shot of Baileys Irish Cream!  Maybe a spill of Jame-O on top of that.  

Now I'm awake as well as ready to smash my fist into just about anything!
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 7:18:10 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I say skip that shit and go with a huge shot of Baileys Irish Cream.........!

Trust me, we have a bottle of that on hand for a late night coffee break
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 7:19:56 AM EDT
[#5]
The nutritionists (I have talked with) said the only negative effects are stained teeth.  
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 7:26:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Is coffee staining (teeth) permanent?
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 7:26:37 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
The nutritionists (I have talked with) said the only negative effects are stained teeth.  

+1 as I'm living proof
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 7:30:35 AM EDT
[#8]
One of the worst effects I have seen is that it makes some people extremely intoxicated, much like they are drunk. Coffee use can really be a serious life issue when it gets to that point. The key sign is that they come up with words like "validify."

Like any other drug coffee has good effects and bad effects. Good effects include reduction in alzheimers disease and high levels of antioxidants that help to keep you young. (Hot cocoa wins the prizes for antioxidants over tea and coffee.) Bad effects include possible addiction, possible higher blood pressure, and behavior like low levels of meth use.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 7:42:39 AM EDT
[#9]
If it's bad for you I dont care
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 7:43:36 AM EDT
[#10]
2 large Dunkin' Donuts coffee in a.m. then it's Folgers the rest of the day. Black or with cream it doesn't matter.   No sugar,sweetener or other foofoo stuff in it though
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 7:48:09 AM EDT
[#11]
 Must...have...my...morning cup...

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 7:49:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 7:50:34 AM EDT
[#13]
I have been drinking coffee damn steady for over 20 years and I'm not dead yet.  When I am working I have 3-4 cups a day, but when I am off (like right now) I have a cup going all day.  I probably drink 10-12 cups a day when I am laid off.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top