Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2004 8:53:49 AM EDT
Time to have some fun!   I used the website they put up to fight against the repeal to send the following support message:

Drop the DC Handgun Ban

I am writing to express my strong support of S. 1414/H.R. 3193, legislation to repeal the District of Columbia's handgun ban.

S 1414 / HR 3193 would repeal Washington, D.C.'s ban on the sale and possession of unregistered firearms, end firearm registration requirements, eliminate the safe storage requirement for legally possessed firearms, legalize the sale of semi-automatic firearms in the District, and allow handguns and semi-auto rifles to be legally possessed in the city's homes and workplaces.  

For more than 25 years, the District's handgun and assault weapon bans have done nothing to reduce the risk of deadly handgun violence.  The criminals using firearms have not been deterred and the citizens have been made defenseless victims even in their own homes.  A citizen should have the right to defend his home and loved ones.  A government that takes that right away does so at the peril of all men of good will.  Those who prey on the law abiding have no fear of the law, or of unarmed victims.

I support this legislation and I urge you to vote for it.  Please vote "Yes" on S 1414 / HR 3193.

I'll send my real emails tonight, but I thought it might be fun to have the majority of letters from this organization in support of the repeal .  Be sure you change the subject line!  Link below.

CSGV[
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 9:59:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Bump
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 10:09:05 AM EDT
[#2]
but I feel soooo safe in DC.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 10:47:30 AM EDT
[#3]
I hate DC.
Thats all I am saying.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top