Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2009 7:07:42 AM EDT
Blaming the United States for Mexico's problems

Read the transcript of the entire interview

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,510916,00.html

VAN SUSTEREN: Well, the issue with the weapons, some people thought, you know, Is that sort of a –– a sort of a hidden agenda, sort of like a gun control. I tell you one thing, that we looked into it. We talked to some ATF sources. And they're hardly, you know, the liberal wing of the Democratic Party.
(LAUGHTER)
VAN SUSTEREN: And they desperately need more funding because they have some presence here in Mexico under the agreement, and every time that there is a bust here of huge weapons, they track down where these weapons are from. They go in there with the cooperation of the Mexicans. And the ATF has told us these weapons, these automatic weapons that go right through these –– you know, right through police officers here, are coming from the United States.
CLINTON: There's no doubt about it. And you know, Greta, I remember 15 years ago, the reason the assault weapons ban was passed is because police chiefs in America begged for it. They said, I'm sending my guys out onto the street, they're being outgunned. The criminals, the gang members, they have automatic weapons, military assault rifles. Get them off the street. Give our guys a fighting chance.
And there's no doubt in my mind that the 10 years we had an assault weapons ban in America was one of the tools that helped to drive down the crime rate. And we've been really fortunate. We changed our policing techniques, which we're sharing with the Mexicans. We put in more technology, which we're advising the Mexicans about. But getting those assault weapons off the streets was really helpful. We also began to better arm our own police.
But if Americans will just think back, those of us old enough to remember, what it was like 15, 20 years ago when our own police were facing those assault weapons, and now, unfortunately, the Mexican police are.
So we have to take our share of the responsibility because they're bought by straw purchasers. They are smuggled across the border. And then they are used to, as you point out, you know, kill a brave policewoman who was doing her job.
VAN SUSTEREN: And it's the ATF here who told us, We need help. You know, it's not the Mexicans, it's our people here in New Mexico that told us...
CLINTON: Well, and the ATF guys are doing everything they can do, but we want to give them some more authority. You know, they need some help tracking down the illegal guns and where they came from. And we've got to give them, you know, more authority. You know, if you're the strongest pro-gun person in America, you have to stop and ask yourself, OK, we want those guns in our country. But another country just across our border has different laws. So why should we be the source of their problems?
If we want to have them in our country, fine. That's –– you know, that's for us to decide. But the Mexican police and people have decided they don't want them in their country, and we're facilitating by our inability to stop the illegal sale and smuggling of these guns."

The attempt will be coming - soon. Pete
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 7:12:54 AM EDT
Greta sucks.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 8:29:15 AM EDT
CLINTON: Well, and the ATF guys are doing everything they can do, but we want to give them some more authority. You know, they need some help tracking down the illegal guns and where they came from. And we've got to give them, you know, more authority.

Yeah, cunt, you know, we, you know, need to give the BATFags more, you know, authority.

US Senator, then Secretary of State.

Qualifications: Morganatic marriage to asshole politician who'd rather stick his cigar into an intern than his dick into his wife.

What a country.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 8:36:02 AM EDT
People need to know all of the facts. Greta's husband is a liberal attorney who was one of Arkansas carbetbagger Hillary's biggest money bundlers. They called them "Hillraisers". While Greta may personally like the Palin family, her politics are pure Clinton. Most of the newspeople and political commentators live in NYC or DC. They have almost no firearms knowledge or experience. She is quoting officials of the BATF, the worst abusers of the 2d amendment in our massive government. Greta is stupidly unaware that these drug armies are just that; armies. They are buying armaments from international arms dealers and corrupt Mexican army officials. RPG's, claymores, and full-auto weaponry did not come from the American publc. It is hard to believe that people are this stupid. But, it is much easier to believe that these folks have an agenda that the story is tailored to match.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 8:50:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/29/2009 7:08:24 PM EDT by SilentType]
I think it's funny as hell.

If they think the American people in the heartland and on main street give a flying $#@% about Mexican violence as long as it is contained to mostly south of our border and it's going to be very hard to justify to them that they should give up their rights for some global effect that is by know means insured by surrendering their rights.

This is a FAILED approach to gun control.

The liberals are taking this approach though, because they are "globalists" and "new world order" types that believe in shared prosperity and things like a global currency and global regulations with central planning through the United Nations. I know that sounds like tinfoil hat stuff, but it's no longer the thing of conspiracy theories, but a matter of record now.

The good news is that most Americans are still nationalists (or at least a fair chunk of us still). Most Americans do not support the liberals' "global" view of shared prosperity and I include in that a LARGE voting block of Democratic voters like the "blue collar" folks in unions.

If they move toward an AWB or the ATF becomes abusive as it was leading up to FOPA than they will see a serious loss in the gains they have made within conservative and southern districts. They will hand over those districts to the Republicans in 2010 and lose their majority control in the Congress.

The reason 65 Democrats joined in informing Attorney General Holder that they would counter his efforts for gun control is NOT because they are fans of the Constitution so much as the fact that they know their jobs would be in great peril if such moves were taken under a Democratic White House.

So, bring it liberals. I DARE YOU. It will end your tyrannical run and kill your communists efforts all so you can put in place a "feel good" measure to appease a small part of your base. We're ready for them. We're strong and we're going to make the opposition to amnesty for illegals look like a high school pep rally in comparison. Gun owners are comprised of all races, religions, political stripe, economic wealth, and we'll be uniting not against anyone, but in support of an ideal of liberty. Strong stuff.

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 8:56:53 AM EDT
Thanks for the write up. Any time I see either Clinton, I reflexively change the channel immediately.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 9:11:53 AM EDT
That bitch dont know when to shut her fucking mouth does she!
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 9:14:42 AM EDT
Here's an email address for Greta: ontherecord@foxnews.com

I sent her an email containing these two links so she couldn't claim ignorance anymore:

http://www.gunnewsdaily.com/rw810.html

http://www.gunnewsdaily.com/rw807.html Pete
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 9:38:46 AM EDT
Naw...like the naysayers here on ARFCOM...there will NEVER be another attempt at an AWB again.

As as a wise man calls them, "the wizards of smart" are on it.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 12:41:07 PM EDT
I sent her an email also. Expressing my self
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 2:36:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/29/2009 2:39:10 PM EDT by Redemption]
Sent the dumbcunt this:

Dear Ms. VanSusteren,

Hello, I recently read the transcript of your interview with Hillary Clinton and would like to correct the misinformation that your program has perpetuated. Mexican drug gangs are not getting their grenades and “assault weapons” from the US as Ms. Clinton and the ATF would like to suggest. This is simply a lie told to the American public to garner support for a repeat assault on our 2nd amendment rights. An assault identical to Ms. Clintons husband’s assault in 1994. Perhaps a closer look at where theses weapons are coming from is in order. However, we all know that this might prove to be quite embarrassing for the Mexican government when the truth is discovered. Perhaps Hugo Chavez would be able to inform you as to the source of fully automatic AK-47 rifles and military armaments in the hands of Mexican drug dealers. Face it, we all know the US supply story is a lie and as a frequent viewer of FOX and FOX News (especially Glenn Beck) I am offended by the blatant lack of research on your part. So offended in fact that I will be searching elsewhere for news reporting. The fake cartel member only made your story appear more fabricated. Wherever did you find him? I realize you are unfamiliar with firearms as is much of the viewing populace. It is therefore even more important that you tell the truth about firearms and not promulgate the agenda of the current administration which is gun banning leading to eventual confiscation. Perhaps you should do a story on what will happen to the Democrats hold on the House and Senate should another infringement upon the 2nd amendment occur. You could base it on past experience. That is a story with which the government can really relate.

Sincerely, ...........

Feel free to use any part.

On another note, how in the hell do I get an avatar up? I don't see a function for it anywhere.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 5:53:45 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Redemption:
Sent the dumbcunt this:

Dear Ms. VanSusteren,

Hello, I recently read the transcript of your interview with Hillary Clintonand would like to correct the misinformation that your program hasperpetuated. Mexican drug gangs are not getting their grenades and“assault weapons” from the US as Ms. Clinton and the ATF would like tosuggest. This is simply a lie told to the American public to garnersupport for a repeat assault on our 2nd amendment rights. Anassault identical to Ms. Clintons husband’s assault in 1994. Perhaps acloser look at where theses weapons are coming from is in order. However, we all know that this might prove to be quite embarrassing forthe Mexican government when the truth is discovered. Perhaps Hugo Chavezwould be able to inform you as to the source of fully automatic AK-47 riflesand military armaments in the hands of Mexican drug dealers. Face it, weall know the US supply story is a lie and as a frequent viewer of FOX andFOX News (especially Glenn Beck) I am offended by the blatant lack of researchon your part. So offended in fact that I will be searching elsewhere fornews reporting. The fake cartel member only made your story appear morefabricated. Wherever did you find him? I realize you are unfamiliarwith firearms as is much of the viewing populace. It is thereforeeven more important that you tell the truth about firearms and not promulgatethe agenda of the current administration which is gun banning leading toeventual confiscation. Perhaps you should do a story on what will happento the Democrats hold on the House and Senate should another infringement uponthe 2nd amendment occur. You could base it on past experience. That is astory with which the government can really relate.

Sincerely, ...........

Feel free to use any part.

On another note, how in the hell do I get an avatar up? I don't see a function for it anywhere.

Welcome to the forum
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 6:05:46 PM EDT
I also sent an e-mail. We need to keep pushing it.
Top Top