Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/13/2005 8:12:13 AM EDT
Cool.

Moore is in the line of Clint's ire

Clint Eastwood squinted like Dirty Harry Tuesday night as he took aim at Michael Moore.

"Michael Moore and I actually have a lot in common - we both appreciate living in a country where there's free expression," Eastwood told the star-dotted crowd attending the National Board of Review awards dinner at Tavern on the Green, where Eastwood picked up a Special Filmmaking Achievement prize for "Million Dollar Baby."

Then, the Republican-leaning actor/director advised the lefty filmmaker: "But, Michael, if you ever show up at my front door with a camera - I'll kill you."

The audience erupted in laughter, and Eastwood grinned dangerously.

"I mean it," he added, provoking more guffaws.

Sitting well out of range at a table in back, Moore - who received a special "Freedom of Expression" award for his anti-Bush polemic "Fahrenheit 9/11" - chuckled.

What a difference from last summer, when Moore's supporters complained that death threats were arriving almost daily and the director showed up at the Democratic Convention with a security detail.

Back then, Moore was outraged when CNN anchor Bill Hemmer suggested during an interview that some folks might want to see him dead.

"Can you think of any other interview in the history of television where a politician or a movie director was asked about people wanting to see him dead?" Moore seethed to me at the time.

But, in this case, Moore's rep told me yesterday: "Michael laughed along with everyone else, and took Mr. Eastwood's comments in the lighthearted spirit in which they were given."

Phew.

Link Posted: 1/13/2005 8:13:42 AM EDT
[#1]
No1Here beat me by one minute.

Dupe

IBTL

Link Posted: 1/13/2005 8:13:59 AM EDT
[#2]
So the asshole received a SPECIAL award for "Freedom of Expression", eh?

Link Posted: 1/13/2005 8:15:00 AM EDT
[#3]
BITL
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 8:15:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Dupe police enroute.    
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 8:16:30 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
No1Here beat me by one minute.

Dupe

IBTL

you got beat cause you spent extra time making the red letters...
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 8:17:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Hey, I take pride in what I do.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 8:18:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Eastwood just went up another notch on my scale of cool people. I mean, he was already a bad-ass and great actor, now he's even cooler.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 8:18:39 AM EDT
[#8]
The trick is to post it quick, then go back and edit in all the fancy colors and fonts.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 8:18:57 AM EDT
[#9]
He'd probably Hang 'Em High, if he could find a strong enough rope.

ETA:  Hey, it works! (adding fancy colors)

Link Posted: 1/13/2005 8:20:25 AM EDT
[#10]
"Let's just say if they try to pay me in totillas, I'll shoot 'em in the eye."
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 8:20:56 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Dupe police enroute.    

I can hear the sirens...
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 8:21:24 AM EDT
[#12]
I say the same thing about Michael Moore
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 8:22:11 AM EDT
[#13]
ibtl  GO CLINT!
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 8:30:36 AM EDT
[#14]
It might be a dupe. But it's dupe worthy.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 8:32:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 8:46:35 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 8:49:52 AM EDT
[#17]
You guys just won't put it out of it's misery, will you???

Link Posted: 1/13/2005 8:54:56 AM EDT
[#18]
Michael Moore sure would look a ton better....

... with six .44 holes in his fat ass
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 8:59:58 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Lock the duperhr

Would this be considered a super duper
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 9:00:03 AM EDT
[#20]
Here lies michael Moore
3 shots from a .44
no more no less
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 9:02:19 AM EDT
[#21]
IBTMFL
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 9:09:26 AM EDT
[#22]
IBTL&S_B
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 9:21:34 AM EDT
[#23]
"Hi folks, I'm Clint Eastwood. Today I'm doing a tv special on how we did special effects back in the old days of movies. For instance, where we use blanks and sugar glass today, back then we used live ammunition and real glass. I have a few other celebrities here who are going to help demonstrate how we did our much more dangerous special effects safely and effectively. First up is a scene from The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly, where the infamous Tuco is being hanged and I shoot the rope. Michael Moore is helping with this one, so let's get the noose on. Good and tight, Mike? All right, then I move over to this end of the sound stage, chamber my rifle, adjust the sights, and when the director gives the signal, Michael drops to hang from the rope and I shoot the rope in half. Ready? Go! Oops, look at that. I forgot to load my rifle! Hang on a sec, Mike, gotta put a couple shells in here. 'Hang on'. Heh. I kill me. Okay, it's loaded now. Lemme just- wait, forgot to chamber it. Stupid me, I'm getting dumb in my old age. Okay, here we go. Blast, missed. Dang it, missed again. Stupid sights are off, lemme adjust 'em. Okay, let's try this again. Nope, shooting too high. Lemme adjust- Well, that's not good. Michael, are you okay? Sorry about your shoulder. Hey, uh, you're kinda turnin' blue. Guess I better shoot that rope fast, huh? Okay, lemme just- Wouldn't you know, all out of shells. Hey, stagehand! Go get the box of shells out of my trailer. And hurry up about it, would ya?"
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 9:24:32 AM EDT
[#24]
"Move along, folks.  Nothing to see here.  The Dupe Poolice have arrived will take care of everything.  Move along......no pictures, please."
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 9:27:56 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
"Hi folks, I'm Clint Eastwood. Today I'm doing a tv special on how we did special effects back in the old days of movies. For instance, where we use blanks and sugar glass today, back then we used live ammunition and real glass. I have a few other celebrities here who are going to help demonstrate how we did our much more dangerous special effects safely and effectively. First up is a scene from The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly, where the infamous Tuco is being hanged and I shoot the rope. Michael Moore is helping with this one, so let's get the noose on. Good and tight, Mike? All right, then I move over to this end of the sound stage, chamber my rifle, adjust the sights, and when the director gives the signal, Michael drops to hang from the rope and I shoot the rope in half. Ready? Go! Oops, look at that. I forgot to load my rifle! Hang on a sec, Mike, gotta put a couple shells in here. 'Hang on'. Heh. I kill me. Okay, it's loaded now. Lemme just- wait, forgot to chamber it. Stupid me, I'm getting dumb in my old age. Okay, here we go. Blast, missed. Dang it, missed again. Stupid sights are off, lemme adjust 'em. Okay, let's try this again. Nope, shooting too high. Lemme adjust- Well, that's not good. Michael, are you okay? Sorry about your shoulder. Hey, uh, you're kinda turnin' blue. Guess I better shoot that rope fast, huh? Okay, lemme just- Wouldn't you know, all out of shells. Hey, stagehand! Go get the box of shells out of my trailer. And hurry up about it, would ya?"

Link Posted: 1/13/2005 10:01:12 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
You guys just won't put it out of it's misery, will you???

Why?? We're having fun.

Oh, BTW....dupe

Link Posted: 1/13/2005 10:28:08 AM EDT
[#27]
dupe http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=313580
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top