Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 2/19/2016 6:57:49 PM EST
With the cold weather coming to an end I've been thinking about getting my cycle back out.

That brought the subject of cleaning the windshield up today at work, 3 other guys that ride all have their choices for cleaners.

Plexus

All-kleer

And Honda brand spray cleaner.

Is there any other product I should take a look at?

They did recommend that I get a microfiber cloth and use it JUST on the windshield.
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 7:17:13 PM EST
I'm a Plexus fan.
I use it on all my plastics, helmets, visors, pinlocks...
Also, the added bonus is it seems to repel dust for a lot longer than most products.

I have a dedicated microfiber cloth each, for wind screen and visors.
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 8:59:25 PM EST
Plexus. It costs a fortune but it's awesome. I use it on my faceshield and it makes it far easier to clean the next time. I'd use it on the windshield too but on my Ninja I don't look through it.
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 9:43:17 PM EST
Cars have windsheilds.

Motorcycles have windscreens.
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 10:18:28 PM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Bulkan_ni_Angus:
I'm a Plexus fan.
I use it on all my plastics, helmets, visors, pinlocks...
Also, the added bonus is it seems to repel dust for a lot longer than most products.

I have a dedicated microfiber cloth each, for wind screen and visors.
View Quote

This where I'm at also. It won't hurt paint. I hate paying for it, but I like Plexus.
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 10:25:00 PM EST

can't say it's any better but works for me
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 10:31:41 PM EST
Buy of jug of Rain-x washer fluid and soak a rag with it and it to clean the windshield
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 11:11:12 PM EST
Plexus and pre-ban Honda Polish.
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 12:18:49 AM EST
Plexus or non-ammonia windex. I keep a small can of plexus on my bike and a large one at home. Microfiber cloths in both places. Keep cloths in a one gallon bag unzipped. Dirt or sand on the cloth is a bad thing.
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 2:03:49 AM EST
For you Plexus users ( and the shit does work well )

Try some Pledge furniture polish ( you know like lemon fresh Pledge ) We use that on light aircraft windshields ( cessna 172 type stuff ) it's cheaper, works just as well and will not harm the plexi.
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 2:21:21 AM EST
I use Plexus
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 4:22:27 AM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By PinePig:
For you Plexus users ( and the shit does work well )

Try some Pledge furniture polish ( you know like lemon fresh Pledge ) We use that on light aircraft windshields ( cessna 172 type stuff ) it's cheaper, works just as well and will not harm the plexi.
View Quote

Right here is your solution.

Link Posted: 2/20/2016 8:34:10 AM EST
I keep a damp and dry microfiber towel in separate zip lock bags for cleaning and drying face shields.
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 8:58:27 AM EST
I guess I'll be different. I use Invisible Glass. The squirt bottle, not the aerosol. It's cheap, and you can find it just about anywhere. I use a clean microfiber cloth each time I clean. It also works great on the cars tinted windows.
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 11:06:28 PM EST
[Last Edit: 2/21/2016 11:07:30 PM EST by pokey074]
I f'ing hate Plexus. Always leaves a nasty film. I like the old Honda spray polish. Smelled like coconut. Or Pledge.
Top Top