Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/12/2002 3:44:00 PM EDT
Going to Vegas tomorrow and plan to stop by at the show for an hour or two. Anyone been there today and can let me know what to anticipate? Never been to a Gunsow in my life. Thanks.  
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 4:31:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I haven't been to this one, but I've been to that gun show lots of times over the last few years. I guess it depends on what you are looking for. I tend not to go any more because its gotten so expensive to get in and I can get better prices for pretty much whatever I need online. If you are going you might swing by a local gun shop before hand. They usually have discount coupons to save you a buck or two on admission to the show.
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 8:36:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Bend over for the parking fee.  Consider parking at the nearby museum and walking a short distance if you are not planning on buying cases of ammo.

Then bend over to get in.  10 bucks, about five more than it should be.

Then wander around at a show that is not exactly the greatest but is better than nothing.  Say hi to Brandon Page at Silver State Safe and ask him why he hasn't delivered my new Liberty yet.
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 8:45:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Oh yeah, I forgot about the parking deal. I park at the public library across the street to avoid getting ripped off another couple of bucks.
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 10:34:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 10:37:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Wolfpack, with all due respect, it's obvious you must never have been to a *good* show.  It doesn't completely suck, but it's definitely not in the big leagues.
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 10:41:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 6:32:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Maybe I am just down on the Claude Hall/Cashman Field show because I have been going to them for over seven years and during that time it is has gone from a pretty good show with a reasonable admission price to a much smaller crummier show at a higher admission price.

My usual reason to go is that Miwall is there.

Well have fun anyway and if you pick up any toys let us know.
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 7:50:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Ditto. It's not really the money. It's just it used to be a lot better show for about half the money. Now its the same old stuff priced well above what you can get it for elsewhere and they  charge you too much to see it. If you are going for entertainment I guess then you won't be dissappointed. But IMHO Las Vegas has better entertainment values for the dollar. Olympic Garden for one.[:P]
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 7:55:32 AM EDT
[#9]
And the deal with the parking... I don't mind so much paying for it as I mind paying for it an then having to drive around the lot for 15 minutes because its full and you have to wait for someone else to pull out. They usually have some other show like art and crafts going on at the same time so you're fighting with all the old ladies to find a place to park. It's just much easier parking across the street and walking over.
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 8:12:02 AM EDT
[#10]
This is the first place I ever paid for parking but not too bad. $3.00 is more of a dig than anything else. Claude is getting a bit pricey with the show admission at $11.00 ( 10 with discount ticket)[V]. I did find what I was looking for ( ar mags) and I got them at a reasonable price, but I hunted every table.  Some guy selling 2 USA mags for $28. [@:D] I was able to find 6 ar Colt stamped 30 round mags for $15.00 each -- I got 6 of them. [:D]  There is a lot of junk there.  This show has almost as many vendors as the December show and some of the vendors are still trying to milk 9-11 with high prices.  I am still looking for a good place to buy ammo in Las Vegas that is not that proud of it.
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 11:57:38 AM EDT
[#11]
I was able to find 6 ar Colt stamped 30 round mags for $15.00 each -- I got 6 of them
View Quote

Not bad.  But really you paid about $17 apiece for them once you paid to park and paid to get into the show.  At least you got a deal on something.  It's worse when you fork over all that to get in and your money never comes out of your pocket once you're inside.

ELEVEN BUCKS?  Every show the admission goes up another buck.
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 10:15:55 PM EDT
[#12]
thanks for the response. just got back from Vegas and the show was a great first  for us. we got some mags (la belle) for a good price. got a knife from oso grande. and checked out a lot but didn't buy much. gonna crash now. thanks.  
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 10:23:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top