Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/9/2005 6:06:15 PM EDT
Yep, it's that time.  10 year class reunion coming up in two months.  Quite late IMO, but those who were supposed to be in charge of it said they didn't want anything to do with it.  High school seniors are such great judges of character, aren't they?

There were 67 people in my graduating class.  I would estimate that maybe 30-40 will show up for this thing.  We were such a sorry bunch.  First senior class in the history of the high school to lose the homecoming competition.

But I'm not going.  Have to work that weekend and I don't want to waste vacation leave for it.  Friday night at the school's season-ending football game against their biggest rival.  They're having a pizza party before the game.  $7 a head.

Saturday night they're meeting at a local backwoods lodge for a catered dinner (that will be transported approx. 60 miles), some dumbass DJ, and BYOSB (special beverage).  $25 a head.

$25 a head just to hang out with people you haven't seen in 10 years?  With the exception of 2-3 people who fell off the face of the earth after graduation, I see the only HS friends I want to see every couple of weeks.

$25 a head just so everyone can break up into the same little groups and get wasted.  I'm sure a few people will get laid.  10 years later and now they're horny I guess.  

Sorry, but I have to work.    Doesn't help any that I pretty much hated the chick that is spearheading this deal.  

A couple of friends have suggested having our own 'reunion' on the same weekend or the weekend before.  That idea is starting to gain favor for me.    

So, have you been to any of your class reunions?  Care to share the horror stories?  Did you bed that hot cheerleader 10 years later?  Or did she show up as a fat cow with 5 snotty brats in tow?
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 6:11:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I've never been to one.

Never will either.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 6:13:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I heard about my 10 year a month after it happened.

Nobody contacted me for my 20th.

Waah
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 6:14:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I might go to the first one mainly to see who got fat.  Even that might not be motivation enough.  After that, no thanks.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 6:15:01 PM EDT
[#4]
I may/may not go to mine in 2014.  

I'll be married by then.  
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 6:42:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Went to my 10th,15th and my 20th. Cigs and alot of sun sure do age the big HS beauty queens.Fun to see the ladies who blossomed after HS.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 6:44:46 PM EDT
[#6]
oh hell yeah im plan on going to mine.

I will be flying via helicopter.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 6:58:18 PM EDT
[#7]
I went to my 20 year.  It was pretty funny.  I was expecting to see the kids I went to school with, but their parents showed up.  

I joined the Marine Corps and spent less then 30 days in that town over the next 20 years.  Nobody recognized me until I put a name tag on.  Only one of my classmates knew I was coming, and he didn't recognize me until I spoke.  I guess going from a skinny 155 lbs to a muscular 240 lbs threw a lot of people off.

I found out there were quite a few ladies who admired me then......  Much to the dismay of several husbands.  

I intentionally did not date in HS.  I knew I would be leaving that town as soon as I graduated, and I didn't want to be wondering what a GF would be doing while I was away.  I was surprised at how many ladies remembered that I didn't date, and expressed their dismay of that fact.   Much to the chagrin of several husbands.  

No offers of romance were given or recieved.  But I did catch quite a few long gazes.  

The most obvious thing that hit me was the difference between the people who left town after HS and those who stayed.  The ones who stayed were in the EXACT mental and emotional state that they were in 20 years ago, still doing the EXACT same things they did in HS.

I've been very satisfied with my life after HS, and that reunion certainly reinenforced my decision to leave and see the world.  I'm glad I left and, for the most part, never looked back.  For many of my classmates, HS was the high water mark of their lives...  Sad, really.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 7:20:57 PM EDT
[#8]
I've never been to any  of mine. Been out 30 years. We went to my wifes 10 year. She was one of the ones thet blossomed after HS. In HS none of the guys would give her time of day. But at the reunion it was a differnt story and she was all mine All of the jocks got fat and all the pretty cheerleader types where in the same boat. Hilarious.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 7:29:51 PM EDT
[#9]
I went to my 15th but did not go to my 20th. I doubt very strongly I will go to my 25th.

I have been to two of my wife's reunions. She is from another city and is a couple of years younger than me. She went to a military school, (no jokes guys)and was a cheerleader. I like her reunions a LOT better as I did NOT know anyone, got really drunk, could say anything and nobody could "place" me and generally just drank and then drank some more.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 7:31:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Went to the afterparty for my 20th...All the hot girls were now hot MILFS...not a single one of them got fat.  Of course this was one of those hoity toity private schools where the girls were taught from birth to stay in shape in order to land Mr. Megabucks.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 7:35:34 PM EDT
[#11]
I went to my 10th, had a great time. I skipped my 20th though.
My wifes 15th was the best by far. I got to piss off her ex husband.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 7:42:40 PM EDT
[#12]
I went to my 10yr.  I used to be class nerd/weakling.  I did some growing after I turned 20.

Apparently becoming successful makes a big difference to the former queens who are seeking their second or third husband.  Too bad ladies, I'm happily married.

Jocks never quite grew up.

30yr is just around the corner for me.  Wonder what will be said when they find out I'm retiring at age 49
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 7:50:19 PM EDT
[#13]
I went to a get together at a bar for my 10th reunion, didn't go to the organized banquet or whatever.  It was ok. I couldn't understand why some people flew in from wherever they lived for a high school reunion, though. I guess HS meant a lot more to some people than it did to me.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:08:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Not a reunion, but a couple of years ago my HS team made it to the state finals and I met my bro whose son was on the team (anchored a spot on the sidelines, but looked tough).

Anyway, bro shows up with some others from the hometown and says, "Hey, I'll bet you don't remember..."
"Chris Gewin," I finish. "You're the spittin' image of your dad in '68. (Bald as a ping pong ball).

Saw a couple of others I hadn't seen in 35 years. I'm just glad I don't feel as old as they looked. One guy shrunk!

It's really weird to see people who have been frozen 20-30 years in your memory go SHAZAAM and transmute before your eyes into coots. Sort of disconcerting. But only 10 years? Shouldn't be a problem. If I were you I would come up with a Superfly outfit and rent a stretch limo for a grand entrance
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:12:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:22:54 PM EDT
[#16]
I skipped my 5th, due to a medical issue, but I wish I had gone.

A bunch of us still keep in close touch though, so I'll probably see most of them around Christmas.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:43:10 PM EDT
[#17]
My 25th class reunion was last month............like the other ones I didnt go
I'm not about to pay $75 dollars a plate for fried chicken and some shit I cant spell , lert alone see some of the assholes I went to high school with
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top