Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/28/2002 3:47:27 PM EDT
Have any board members in the Pittsburgh,Pa area been successful making a class 3 purchase? I head a from local gun dealer that some tax lawyer managed one. The sheriff said no but the lawyer guy threw some legal bs at the sheriff and he caved.
Link Posted: 11/28/2002 6:16:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Hi,
Only suggestion I have for you right now is to contact the people at Arms & Ordnance in Warrendale,PA  www.arms-ordnance.com.   maybe they can help answer your questions.  I myself live in Allegheny County, would like to get a full-auto M-16 but cannot justify the price right now.  I do know a few guys from Westmoreland COunty that have had full auto's but I never talked much in detail with them about it.  I also believe you can go to your local police dept and a few others to get the sign-off.  Sorry I can't help much more that that
Hd vespa
Link Posted: 11/28/2002 6:26:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Hay hdvespa,  Were do you live in Pittsburgh.  I'm in plum area.

Is there any limit's on firearm purchases in Allegheny County,  So far this year I bought 2 pistols and an SKS, AR15 and currently purchasing an Romak-3 also looking into possible getting an AR15 in 9mm but that won't be until next year.
Link Posted: 11/28/2002 6:46:33 PM EDT
[#3]
It ain't PGH, but I'd bet that Tim at Brown's Armory in Rochester would be someone to talk to.

I've heard that it's the CLEO of the TWP you live in that matters, not the sherrif of Allegheny CO. I could be wrong.

I also heard that some guy had to get a lawyer to pressure the CLEO of Ross Twp to get signed off.(Whaddaya need a class 3 for?)

(Sometimes I wish I had enough clout so when they asked for money, I could stuff it to them with a 'Whadda ya need new police cars for?')
Link Posted: 11/28/2002 7:30:44 PM EDT
[#4]
you need the sheriff to sign off. the sheriff of allegheny county will sign off on full auto guns if you make a contribution to his political fund.  as far a ross twp, never heard of the cheif giving people a hard time. who was the cheif? zotter, o'donell, or tenise? when i got my c&r license, cheif tenise wanted to know if the license made it possiable for me to get full auto guns
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top