Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/15/2006 9:13:14 PM EDT
 Please tell me more about the legality of pre-86 MGs. Are they legal everywhere? I do not understand anything about class 3 weapons. Please inform me.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 9:14:46 PM EDT
[#1]
not to bag on ya but try here M16 Forum

you are in Montana I think everything is legal there
just dig up about $10,000
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 9:17:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Lots of good info. in the M16 forumlinked above.
If legal in your state (I think Montana is ok) you just need to send in the proper paperwork and $200 tax stamp.  MGs start at around $2,700 right now and go way up.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 9:17:36 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
not to bag on ya but try here M16 Forum

you are in Montana I think everything is legal there
just dig up about $10,000

Idaho too?
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 5:01:28 PM EDT
[#4]
bump.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 5:13:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Easy.

Find what kind of NFA/Title II weapons (erroneously called class III) are allowed in your state.
Find an FFL that is a Class III SOT (dealer who can transfer above items).
Pick out what you want ($3K for M11/9 to over $10K for M16) Consider mortgage on house.
Arrange to have item shipped to your FFL.
Fill out BATF Form 4 and have it signed by local sheriff.  Include Citizenship verification form, 2x fingerprint cards, passport photo attached to each Form 4, and a check for $200 to ATF.
Send all that crap to ATF
ATF will perform background check and register transfer.  (takes about 3 months)
ATF will send completed forms to FFL.
FFL will contact you.
Go pick up new toy.

See, I said it was easy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top