BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2003 10:46:58 AM EDT

Clark's New TV Ad Features Bill Clinton  

By LIZ SIDOTI
Associated Press Writer

December 29, 2003, 1:37 PM EST

WASHINGTON -- Democratic presidential hopeful Wesley Clark's new television commercial includes a clip of him and Bill Clinton. It's the first ad of the 2004 campaign to include an image of the former president, arguably America's most popular Democrat.

The clip is only a few seconds and shows Clinton walking from a podium at the White House to place the Presidential Medal of Freedom over Clark's head, honoring his fellow Arkansan for his work in Kosovo as NATO supreme allied commander.

It is one of several scenes in the 30-second ad that was to start running Monday night in New Hampshire, where Clark is trailing Howard Dean and John Kerry in polls. The commercial includes footage of Clark with a short-order cook, a solider and schoolchildren in a classroom.

Campaign advisers say the ad is meant to illustrate that Clark would be the kind of leader who not only has seen ordinary people do extraordinary things in their lifetimes, but who has been honored for such accomplishments.

As the Clinton clip is shown, an announcer in the ad says that Clark is a leader who has been "decorated for valor and for service in our country."

Clinton's name is not mentioned, but it's obvious that the footage is meant to align the retired Army general with the former president. It is one more example of how Clark's campaign is embracing the similarities between the two men.

Dozens of former Clinton staffers are working on Clark's campaign. It recently released a film about Clark's life that was reminiscent of a film about Clinton and was made by the same person who produced that critically acclaimed piece. The two men's early lives also have striking parallels, such as both having earned Rhodes scholarships to study at Oxford University in the late 1960s.

The campaign is spending $125,000, a moderate amount, to run the ad for a week on stations that broadcast into New Hampshire.

Copyright © 2003, The Associated Press

Is it just me, or is Clark really this stupid? Here he is, running an ad with "the most popular democrat" (their FIRST problem, IMO), getting a medal for service in a region where his own people refused his bone-headed orders, and where we STILL ARE.

Does he really think aligning himself with Klinton will make up for his pathetic performance so far?
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 10:57:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Every day the 9 Dwarfs never cease to amaze me.

He's delusional about his military credentials.  Having stars on your shoulders does not automatically make you a military genius and brilliant leader worshipped by the people in your command.

I suppose he also believes that the masses of Democrats out there still worship Bubba and will make some sort of Pavlovian connection by seeing Clinton bestowing an award to him. [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 12:16:21 PM EDT
[#2]
clark does not impress me, and clinton was a horrid president
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 12:20:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Are there any reputable sources for the unvarnished truth about Clark's performance and record?
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 1:01:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Is it just me, or is Clark really this stupid
View Quote

He would need to be autonomous before he could be stupid. Clark is the Klintons' sock puppet.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 1:36:29 PM EDT
[#5]
If these presidential hopefuls had any sense they would drop out; all of them, and save their monies for the 2008 election. The only way George Bush will lose this election is if he gets caught cornholing a child.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 2:35:46 PM EDT
[#6]
If you ask me, the state of Arkansas should have been used for above-ground nuclear testing in the 50s.  Then maybe we wouldn't have had these problems today. [:P]
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 2:40:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Every day the 9 Dwarfs never cease to amaze me.

He's delusional about his military credentials.  Having stars on your shoulders does not automatically make you a military genius and brilliant leader worshipped by the people in your command.

I suppose he also believes that the masses of Democrats out there still worship Bubba and will make some sort of Pavlovian connection by seeing Clinton bestowing an award to him. [rolleyes]
View Quote

No! john connor is the brilliant military leader not weasly Klark![shock] thought you knew that.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 2:43:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
If you ask me, the state of Arkansas should have been used for above-ground nuclear testing in the 50s.  Then maybe we wouldn't have had these problems today. [:P]
View Quote

See what happens when cousins breed![sex]
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 2:52:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Something about shit attracting flies comes to mind.... [:X*]

CW
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 2:54:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

We did. Look what happened.

CW
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 3:02:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Wes Clark will select [b][red]Hitlery[/red][/b] as his VP running-mate. Mark my words
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 8:25:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is it just me, or is Clark really this stupid
View Quote

He would need to be autonomous before he could be stupid. Clark is the Klintons' sock puppet.
View Quote

Yep. I'd forgotten about that.

Wow...what a great military "LEADER" he is when he allows himself to be USED by a bunch of greedy politicians who only care about themselves! [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 3:17:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
clark does not impress me ...
View Quote

... Me neither. He also looks like a real asshat in his latest commercial where he states he and the UN will get us out of the "mess" in Iraq, and further "he" won't get us into another.

... Putz
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 3:25:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Funny - if Klintoon is the most popular Democ[b]rat[/b] then why did Al Gore literally ignore him in his 2000 year campaign?

Hmmmmm.  [rolleyes]

THis is actually good.  The hard conservative right will work that much harder to se bure Clark doesn't get the nod.

CMOS
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 3:33:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Ahh! I See it wasn't just Monica doin "Favors" for Bill Clinton in the Oval office!!!!!!!!

"Hummmmmmm, Hummmmmmm! can i have that promotion to Nato command, you promised if i swallowed!!!!"- Gen. Wesley Clark USAR(retired early!)
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 3:41:18 PM EDT
[#16]
The DU crowd blames Gore's defeat in part to his refusal to let Clinton work his mojo on Gore's behalf.  I guess this will show if Clinton 's magic works by proxy (my guess?  no).
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 4:21:03 PM EDT
[#17]
PalePony,
Hillary ain't going to be anyones hind tit.  Wes Clark is a whore taking the sack of silver from whoever gives it to him. He's an Arkansas boy sucking up to some of the greatest American criminals of all time. He was put there to bring Dean down for Hillary's run in 2008.  Wes is too stupid to understand what's happening.  How he got stars in the Army is beond me.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top