Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/23/2003 11:29:07 AM EDT
What a schmuck.

Gen. Wesley Clark Credits Clinton for Ghadafy Breakthrough

Democratic presidential hopeful Gen. Wesley Clark said Sunday that his old boss Bill Clinton - not President Bush - deserved credit for forcing Libyan dictator Moammar Gadhafi to abandon his weapons of mass destruction programs, even though Gadhafi's turnaround came nearly three years after Clinton left office.

"It's a program of squeezing Libya that's gone on for more than a decade," Clark told a Derry, N.H., audience, according to the Concord Monitor. "The Clinton administration was very much involved with this."

In a slap at Bush, Clark said, it "shows that you don't need to use force to get your way in world affairs," adding that Prime Minister Tony Blair deserved credit for the Ghahafi breakthrough as well.

The retired general added new details to his charge that President Bush was responsible for leaving America vulnerable to the 9/11 attacks, saying that President Clinton tried to warn Bush about Osama bin Laden but Bush wouldn't listen.

"He wasn't paying attention," Clark complained. "He didn't do his job as commander in chief."

The former NATO commander said that Bush deserves to be "fired" for not doing more to prevent 9/11.

www.phxnews.com/fullstory.php?article=8193
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 11:31:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Whomever in the Clinton wing of the Democratic party is pulling his strings is very good, because it almost looks like he's an independent human being.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 11:31:57 AM EDT
[#2]
This guy is an "A #1" ass-cricket.

He is losing, and hopes this will get bill and hillary to bolster his campaign by coming into his corner.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 11:32:34 AM EDT
[#3]
hmmm as I recall a certain air raid ordered by the Gipper ended up smoking his son...we didn't hear much from Lybia after that...

In fact, one could say that during Clinton's time that Lybia's WMD program was in full swing and went unchecked.

Clark is an ass and his BS will not fly...the guy has sold his soul to Clinton and he doesn't see that they are using him like toilet paper.

He is a prick
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 11:35:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Ass cricket, hmmmmmmm I'm going to have to use that.

Clark is a crackhead.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 11:36:28 AM EDT
[#5]
This is like saying Carter was really the one who got the hostages freed from Iran, not Reagan. IIRC Gadhafi wigged-out after being bombed and nearly vaporized by Reagan in the 80's, and has been wearing Depends ever since. Just pathetic IMHO.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 11:43:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Geez.  Talk about historical revisionism: Clinton hurled cruise missiles everytime his felt his legacy was threatened, and his term saw at least five seperate terrorist attacks.  He did NOTHING substantive.
What is with spate of people claiming that Clinton is still making more of a difference than Bush is?
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 11:45:44 AM EDT
[#7]
[img]http://web.hep.uiuc.edu/home/g-gollin/bill_the_cat.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 11:49:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Put down the pipe, General.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 11:51:22 AM EDT
[#9]
This idiot is giving Ralph Nader a run for his money for being the looniest candidate on the stump.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 12:03:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The retired general added new details to his charge that President Bush was responsible for leaving America vulnerable to the 9/11 attacks, saying that President Clinton tried to warn Bush about Osama bin Laden but Bush wouldn't listen.

"He wasn't paying attention," Clark complained. "He didn't do his job as commander in chief."

The former NATO commander said that Bush deserves to be "fired" for not doing more to prevent 9/11.

[url]http://www.phxnews.com/fullstory.php?article=8193[/url]
View Quote

Oh yeah, Clinton was really going after the terrorists..............NOT.  He wanted so badly to stop terrorism that he declined to take OBL when the Sudan offered him up on a platter at least once, and it seems like it was more than once, but at least once that is documented.

If the dickhead had allowed OBL to be taken into custody, he wouldn't have had to warn Bush about him, as if he really did warn him.  He probably told Bush that we shouldn't offend his Muslim radical buddies, it might hurt their widdle feelins'.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 12:18:45 PM EDT
[#11]
These people must be walking around with a crack IV 24/7.

Who in the hell could say something like this with a straight face and really expect ANYONE to buy such total BULLSHIT?

The truly terrifying part is that there are people that will nod their heads and go “Yup, Bubba did it so we must vote for one of the [s]Dimwits[/s] outstanding Democratic candidates since they’ll do just as well as Bill did.”

There are some days I *REALLY* hate this fucking planet and the morons that I have to share space and O2 with.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 12:24:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Clark is a self serving peice of SH**!

I cant believe he would sell out so bad just to further his own EGO!

How do some of these people (Dem. Pres Hopefuls) sleep at night??
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 12:32:31 PM EDT
[#13]
The guy is insane.

On the bright side, every single ex or current general or high-ranking military officer when asked about Clark either refuses to make any comment at all, or says the guy is a real peice of work. I am surprized that he hasn't had a potato sack thrown over him in a dark alley and then gotten the crap beat out of him.

Edited for spelling.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 12:38:13 PM EDT
[#14]
yeah clinton faught terrorism so hard he didn't even meet with the head of the CIA for 2 years AFTER the wtc bombing.  keep talking morons... they don't have a leg to stand on.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 12:56:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Now here's an interesting thought... If Clark is truly after the Democratic nomination, shouldn't he be telling us what asswipes Dean, Kerry, et al are?  Instead, he keeps attacking Bush.  My bet is he's a mole, planted to throw dirt at Bush to help out the true Democratic nominee, which will obviously be someone else.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 1:09:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
This idiot is giving Ralph Nader a run for his money for being the looniest candidate on the stump.
View Quote

I respectfully disagree.  Dennis Kucinich is the looniest candidate - by far.  Fortunately for America, Dennis has no real following.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 1:31:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Just watch and see, Wes Clark is going to pick Hitlery for vice prez, mark my words.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 1:36:23 PM EDT
[#18]

Kerry said the same thing on Sunday. He gave Clinton the credit for Lybia caving. These guys are unbelivable!!!

Unfortunatly I'm at my sisters for a while so I'm stuck with my only source of news being the internet or the [b][red]C[/red][/b]ommunist [b][red]N[/red][/b]ews [b][red]N[/red][/b]etwork.

Link Posted: 12/23/2003 1:57:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I respectfully disagree.  Dennis Kucinich is the looniest candidate - by far.  Fortunately for America, Dennis has no real following.
View Quote
But Cussin'Itch has Wellstone's spirit all over him! [LOL]
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 2:15:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Kerry said the same thing on Sunday. He gave Clinton the credit for Lybia caving. These guys are unbelivable!!!

View Quote

I know.  Douchebag candidates like these is why I just can't be a Democrat.  Their rhetoric is so painfully insulting to your intelligence.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 2:28:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Clark expects us to believe that Clinton was responsible for this foreign policy coup that happened 3 years into the Bush presidency. Does that same reasoning apply to 9/11?  Didn't Clinton "lay the groundwork" for that too?  After all, Bush was only in office for barely 9 months when 9/11 happened.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 2:31:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Clark expects us to believe that Clinton was responsible for this foreign policy coup that happened 3 years into the Bush presidency. Does that same reasoning apply to 9/11?  Didn't Clinton "lay the groundwork" for that too?  After all, Bush was only in office for barely 9 months when 9/11 happened.
View Quote

They blame all that on the Gipper and Papa Bush.

Link Posted: 12/23/2003 3:22:17 PM EDT
[#23]
The Democrats are delusional, simply delusional.

We are headed to a one party oligarchy by default.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 4:54:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Old Moammar just never was the same guy after the night of June 15, 1986

[img]http://www.f-111.net/images/photo-comp/Bayliss-A8-129.jpg[/img]

Clinton tamed him my ass... the threat of upping the next raid to B1s tamed him!
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 5:08:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Wasn't Wesley a 2 star at the start of Bubba's  reign and  a 4 star at the end of it?  Looks to me that if ol' BlowJob BillyJeff gets the shits -- Wesley's gonna drown.

Just my 2¢ worth........
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 5:14:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Does anyone have a scan of that poster that was floating around in the mid-80's (which I had on my wall when I was a kid)...

A guy doing a HALO jump, with a claymore strapped to the front of his helmet, and the caption on the photo read "Go Ahead, Quadaffi...Make My Day!" or something like that?

Man, I wish I still had all those posters [:(] Makes me pine for the bad old days, when we had one Great Big Red Enemy, that we all knew and respected in our own ways...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top