Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/7/2005 5:45:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/7/2005 6:02:05 PM EDT by Searcherfortruth]
So I'm at my parents to pick up my son after school & were heading for the car. He likes to compete with me on everything even if I don't know were competing. He went for the front door & I went out the garage as it's closer to the car, & I start a quick shuffel/jog for the car to beat him to having my seat belt on 1st. I got about 3 paces from my Jimmy & my Kimber CDP II flies out of my Galco S.O.B. hits the cement driveway Clackity bounces & clackity clack!

I have a slight scratch on the grip diamond, but surprizingly enough not another mark to be found!,...........

I would say this is probably about the 5th time I have had it "fall out" of 3 different style holsters at unexpected times, & still not a mark of any consequence to hurt my feelings.

2 times on carpet, from a Galco Miame shoulder rig. Once from my belly band on a soccer feild in a city park while playing Frisbee with my son. A few others I don't excatly remember at the moment.

I love my 1911's.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:47:54 PM EDT
Dude, losing your carry weapon is bad juju.

Also, rethink the SOB holster. If you ever get in a wreck or altercation and land on it, it would be very bad.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:52:19 PM EDT
A long time ago (like 10 years plus) me and my family was mattress shopping at Sears. My dad laid down in a bed to see what it was like, and when he got up his Beretta 92F came out of the shoulder-holster and landed on the floor. The salesman just gave him a funny look then my dad reholstered the weapon. Needless to say, my dad never used that holster again.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 6:04:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/7/2005 6:06:11 PM EDT by Searcherfortruth]

Originally Posted By TheKill:
Dude, losing your carry weapon is bad juju.

Also, rethink the SOB holster. If you ever get in a wreck or altercation and land on it, it would be very bad.

It fits perfect. Sometimes when I'm seated I have to reach back & make sure the gun is there as I can't feel it with my back anywhere. It's like I don't have it on, & today that was true for a short time.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:01:36 PM EDT
I suggest you find a new holster... one with a retention strap perhaps.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:07:06 PM EDT

I don't give a crap if it "fits perfectly" a holster which CANNOT RETAIN YOUR WEAPON is worthless.

Hell, other than my Galco FLETCH for my P99 and Summer Comfort for my SA Ultra-Compact I use cheap Passport nylon IWB and pancake styles for the rest of my collection. I've NEVER had even those basic ones fail to retain my weapon.

You need to *SERIOUSLY* consider some other options.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:10:35 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:12:34 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:12:46 PM EDT
My Uncle Miles Kydex for my HK USPC9 has never, ever failed me, Super retention and a great release. I'm still searching for a comperable IWB for the USP.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:14:43 PM EDT

Originally Posted By 82ndAbn:
From the title, I thought this was going to be about the M-57 firing device.

Point front toward enemy.

Crossed my mind too.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:15:37 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:18:14 PM EDT
hell we might even take up a VMII donation and save your spine for you.
or not.
if you carry isn't part of that responsibilty the proper retention of your weapon?

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:44:52 PM EDT
That could be a load of unexpected fun if you were to drop it in a bank or airport. Dropping it once is a mistake, five times is a bad habit and a lawsuit, beating or gunshot waiting to happen.
matthew
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:30:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/14/2005 6:31:09 PM EDT by Sawed-off]
If your not going to get a new holster, buy a Glock they are made and tested for that kind of stuff.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:35:44 PM EDT
The only part that bothers me about the story is the "three steps from my Jimmy." My Jimmy is always with me!
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 12:26:22 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Tromatic:
That could be a load of unexpected fun if you were to drop it in a bank or airport. Dropping it once is a mistake, five times is a bad habit and a lawsuit, beating or gunshot waiting to happen.
matthew

Different holsters, belly band, shoulder holster, & now my s.o.b. Usually at home, only once in public at a park on a soccer feild. Pluss it's a 1911, it won't go off from a dropping.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 12:30:23 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Sawed-off:
If your not going to get a new holster, buy a Glock they are made and tested for that kind of stuff.

If I had a glock I probably wouldn't have bothered with picking it up.

I was checking out the holster the other day, & found the tension screw had loosened up on me, so I tightened it down & & it's all good now. Maybe some lock tight if I find it it loosening up again.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 12:34:57 PM EDT
Please do yourself a favor and get a Versa-Max II from www.lightningarms.com.

All of us who rave about this holster are not just talking out our asses.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 12:36:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/15/2005 12:38:27 PM EDT by Mike_Mills]

Pluss it's a 1911, it won't go off from a dropping.

I could not disagree more with the sentiment which underlies this comment.

I do not trust a holster without a thumb strap or other positive retention device. I have them but use them only for competition purposes. That a holster does not retain the weapon at all times is TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE to me.

Top Top