Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/8/2006 1:19:02 PM EDT
I was sitting at my computer today when I heared my dog barking so I go see what it is and there is a pickup truck parked in the driveway with a guy sitting in it, I open the door to see what he wants (I thought that it might be my grandfather....) and he identified himself as a "city codes inspector", or something like that today about a couple of cars parked in my backyard saying something to the effect of they were looking for "abandoned, or brokendown vehicals" or something to that effect, and that we had to "fix the problem immediatly", and he would be sending a notice, well A: there not abandoned there just parked infront of the garage (on the driveway not the grass....), and B: they both work there not brokendown, one is my car I haven't been driveing that one lately so it's parked there they only thing wrong with it is an expired plate (again I haven't been driveing that one lately so I haven't renewed it yet....), and the second car is my aunts (the one that was stolen, and we had to recover it ourselves since the police weren't interested if you recall the thread....), it's parked there because the insurence company is still playing games so she can't drive it yet, has anyone else had someone like this drop by before?....  

What is really interesting though is that the inspector knew there were 2 cars back there, and that one (my aunts....) has a flat tire, but only 1 car is visible from the street or the driveway where he was, and you can't see the flat tire from there eighther, which makes me think that one of the nieghbors called, and complained, the nighbor on the right is a prick, and the nieghbors on the left are "dissadvantaged urban youth", what puzzles me though is that both can see the cars, but the flat tire is not visibal to the nieghbor on the right (I've checked all possibal angles....), and the only way the neighbor on the Left could see it is if they wedged themselves in a narrow alley between there garage, and the fence, and basicly stood in the middle of a tree, and even then you would have to look close....  So the only way that you could really see the flat tire is to be in MY backyard looking at it, standing in MY Kitchen, looking out MY window, or standing halfway up MY driveway in the middle of it (it's not that visible there, and no it's not where the inspector was parked....), so whoever reported them had to have been tresspassing, eighther that or the inspector was trespassing earlier, and felt the need to comeback later, it was a real city truck, so unless he stole it I think it was a real inspector....  So should I go on alert, and look for people snooping around my backyard (a couple years ago during the great blackout the garage was broken into, and an extension cord was stolen, so I know atleast one of the nieghbors is capable of it....)?, and could I be justified in sending some lead there way?....
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 2:01:45 PM EDT
[#1]
For stealing an extension cord? No

For calling the inspector? Yes
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 2:03:43 PM EDT
[#2]
fucking noisey neighbors, they ratted you out, i hate people like this
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 2:05:33 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd scout for IED's before doing anything!  There's been a rash of strange activities in your general direction of late.  Ever think of moving?
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 2:06:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Paragraphs.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 2:08:05 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Paragraphs.

what is this strange word you speak?
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 2:09:45 PM EDT
[#6]

Check the law.  You might be required to tag the car even if you're not driving it, or at the least pay property taxes on it.

Jim
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:01:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Sounds like there is a blight ordinance where you live.

Stationary vehicles, or those without current registration fall under many blight ordinances.

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 8:28:37 PM EDT
[#8]
You have one (or more) nosy neighbors going into your yard when they know you are not around.

I had the exact same trouble at My last house. The old bitty down the street would walk right through my gate and snoop in and around my yard when she thought everyone was gone. She felt it was her job to "police" everyone homes and property.

I had lent a buddy my truck to move, and was home without my normal vehicle, when I was standing at my kitchen sink. Out the window I see her walk up my driveway(I didn't see who it was at first), open the gate (left it wide open) and walk into my back yard.

I went and got  my shotgun & cordless phone, and went quietly out the front door. As I came into the back yard i saw it was her, with the top half of her body poking into my shed.

"MAY I HELP YOU?!?" I asked in a loud demanding voice. She half-jumped out of the shed and was now staring at me, and my shotgun (that was on it's sling at a "Low ready").

"I'm calling the police, and reporting that I have a burglar here for them to pick up."
She walked quickly back the way she came(and still left the ^&#&$damn gate open!).

The cops came (None too quickly) and I told them exactly what had happened. How, No, I had not "Pointed" the gun at her, nor forced her to stay there. That I knew who she was, and where she lived, and that I wasn't worried about her "Going/running too far away".

The cops partner went and talked to the old baggle. I said that I wouldn't press charges if she'd keep "The hell away from my property/family/Me.

The cop I was talking to was kinda' being a jerk at first. He was trying to make things out like I was the one hassling the woman.
"What'd ya need the shotgun for?"

"Well if you saw someone sneaking into your property, and didn't know who it was, or why they were there, what would you take with you?" "Would you go out and confront bad-guys with out your service weapon?"

Things were a little bit quieter around Our place after that. But she still would call anyone she could, over anything she could. Be it real, or perceived only in her mind. In fact, she was one of the reasons I was able to convince the wife to move into where we are now.

Tall Shadow
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 10:33:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Satellite photos  
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 10:50:43 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Paragraphs.

and spell check
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 12:18:41 AM EDT
[#11]
A fence with a junkyard painted on the outside of the fence is always a "crowd pleaser"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top