Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/24/2013 8:13:12 AM EDT
Visited your city for a few days and must say what a nice town filled with very friendly and well spoken folks. Also scored a lower parts kit at pre rape prices. I will return.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 8:13:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Green Bay is the greatest city in the United States. I can't wait to move back.
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 8:14:23 AM EDT
[#2]

Link Posted: 4/24/2013 8:14:56 AM EDT
[#3]
I have been there a few times only in the summer though. It seems like a nice place and maybe even someplace I would consider moving too except the winters I hear are pretty horrendous.
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 8:14:58 AM EDT
[#4]
WI?

Heard they were a bunch of assholes.
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 8:20:37 AM EDT
[#5]
If I could find comparable work, my wife and I would be in the GB area.  

Glad you enjoyed your stay
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 8:25:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
WI?

No doubt... Bunch of fuckin elitists!!!
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 8:27:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
WI?

Well, I heard that was true....
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 8:28:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
WI?

It is on the internet
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 8:37:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
WI?

It is on the internet

Seen it first hand, I'm still scarred on the inside.
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 8:37:37 AM EDT
[#10]
I moved over from Michigan, most people are friendly, but ill never get used to; getting a drink from the bubbler, stop and go lights, tyme machines (an ATM to the rest of the country), and noodles in "chili"
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 8:39:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I moved over from Michigan, most people are friendly, but ill never get used to; getting a drink from the bubbler, stop and go lights, tyme machines (an ATM to the rest of the country), and noodles in "chili"

Don't forget brandy.
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 9:17:54 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

You must've moved to Southern WI

Atleast where I'm at, they don't call em bubblers
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 9:21:03 AM EDT
[#13]
I have NEVER called a fucking drinking fountain a bubbler, yt i have heard over and over that that is what people in Wisconsin do.  

No one should ever move to WI, full of pricks and assholes.  Especially on the weekends when the FIBs and the Mud Ducks come visit.
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 9:22:50 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I have NEVER called a fucking drinking fountain a bubbler, yt i have heard over and over that that is what people in Wisconsin do.  

My dad does, he's from Appleton. I hear ir a lot in the Fox Valley and surrounding area.
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 9:23:30 AM EDT
[#15]
Lived here my whole life, it's nice but it was nicer before downtown became as shady as it is now. Still a nice downtown though, I can walk down the street without a helmet and plates. Would love to move even farther out into the distant suburbs or a town within driving distance.
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 9:28:47 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Same here.
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 9:49:35 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Lived here my whole life, it's nice but it was nicer before downtown became as shady as it is now. Still a nice downtown though, I can walk down the street without a helmet and plates. Would love to move even farther out into the distant suburbs or a town within driving distance.

Plenty of properties for sale that match your description.  Look to the north.

I'm in an unincorporated area, surrounded by trees, where the sound of gunfire is common and is no cause for alarm.
GB is close -- but not TOO close.

Life is GOOD!
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 10:01:16 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Yeah, if you consider GB a city ....  

I say this as a guy whose wife is grew up within a few miles of there.
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 10:06:06 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

No one should ever move to WI, full of pricks and assholes.  Especially on the weekends when the FIBs and the Mud Ducks come visit.

Everyone calls it a bubbler from my neck of the woods.

Those pricks and assholes are from IllinoiS and MinnEEsota.

We are all just loving folk up here, outside of Milwaukee and bar close.
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 10:09:11 AM EDT
[#20]
I've never been there, but I imagine it's full of friendly football fans who talk like everyone in Fargo
Speed
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 10:09:31 AM EDT
[#21]
Shhh, everyone down south thinks we're asshole yankees.
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 10:33:21 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You must've moved to Southern WI

Atleast where I'm at, they don't call em bubblers
I'm in the fox valley, and sounds like that's why according to JVD's experience lol.

Link Posted: 4/24/2013 10:37:55 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
WI?

Yep thats us! ... only if you are a non packer fan and make it known though..... which sucks for me because i am a Steelers fan and live in Green Bay .. outside of football, people are decent here... they just cant drive
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 4:50:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
WI?

Not at all!  Gov. Walker should relocate the State Capitol from Madison to Green Bay. Suck it Madison.
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 4:59:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Great city, always have fun when I visited.

Friend of mine lives a block from Lambo field and makes a killing by selling parking in his driveway.

Link Posted: 4/24/2013 5:08:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Now is the time, I quick drive down University or Broadway down by 9th  will tell you its not getting any better.

I just moved 20 miles south to a town with a few thousand and an NFA friendly chief
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 5:10:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Everyone calls it a bubbler from my neck of the woods.

Those pricks and assholes are from IllinoiS and MinnEEsota.

We are all just loving folk up here, outside of Milwaukee and bar close.

They're only closed for 4 hours......

Find a buddys house, drink for 4 hours , and be back at 6am (or just hide in the basement and drink with the owner)
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 5:10:09 PM EDT
[#28]
[/quote]

Not at all!  Gov. Walker should relocate the State Capitol from Madison to Green Bay. Suck it Madison.[/quote]

+1  

Link Posted: 4/24/2013 5:27:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Born in Wi. In the early 70's ran a speed shop in Green Bay, called HI/REV Speed Equipment. Had some really good times, good  bars!
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 5:28:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
WI?

Yup, they are
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 5:28:56 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 5:31:08 PM EDT
[#33]
Always enjoy visiting WI.    I shoot BP with a good number of people from WI, and shot at a few of their ranges.
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 5:44:34 PM EDT
[#34]
Drinking town with a football problem.  We've been here 14 years.  Love it.
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 5:46:35 PM EDT
[#35]
Stumbled on a cool gun store too,Nelson Tactical.....seemed like good folks.
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 5:53:30 PM EDT
[#36]
I was born in Cedarburg.  Mom was from Manitowoc, dad from Theinsville.  Vacationed in Hayward and Eagle River as a boy.

I love Wisconsin.
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 7:07:01 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I was born in Cedarburg.  Mom was from Manitowoc, dad from Theinsville.  Vacationed in Hayward and Eagle River as a boy.

I love Wisconsin.

I love it there also,...,was in Manitowoc today,cool town. Sturgeon Bay yesterday,was very cool to see the shipyard...looked like they were building an ore boat,not sure. What a great industrial area.
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 7:16:50 PM EDT
[#38]
Next time, take a little detour just north of Green Bay to the wonders of Door county. Fall in Peninsula State Park is phenomenal. Then head down the coast a ways and catch yourself some Steelhead or Salmon in the Kewaunee river.
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 7:23:08 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Next time, take a little detour just north of Green Bay to the wonders of Door county. Fall in Peninsula State Park is phenomenal. Then head down the coast a ways and catch yourself some Steelhead or Salmon in the Kewaunee river.

Oh yes,we took a nice cruise all the way up to Gills point and scoped out the beauty. Still a bit stark,not much green yet...but still a nice sight.
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 8:04:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
WI?

Yep thats us! ... only if you are a non packer fan and make it known though..... which sucks for me because i am a Steelers fan and live in Green Bay .. outside of football, people are decent here... they just cant drive

Steelers fan in GB, tisk tisk.

Go Pack!

I'll be in GB tomorrow for work. I may have to go to Curly's for lunch, heard they were having a draft party.
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 5:49:41 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Stumbled on a cool gun store too,Nelson Tactical.....seemed like good folks.

Thats where I ordered my Glock from the other month.

Some people were ranting about them in WIHTF... But I had a perfectly fine time dealing with them!
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 5:53:28 AM EDT
[#42]
My tattoo artist moved there after I left for this deployment... so I'll be there in July or August some Saturday to get my leg finished.  If you ignore Madison and Milwuakee, our state is pretty awesome.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top