Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
11/20/2019 5:07:11 PM
Posted: 9/7/2009 11:02:17 PM EST
I just read a little about this case, and how it may overturn, at least in part, McCain-Feingold.

There seems to odd bed-fellows filing briefs in support of CU.

Personally, I hope it overturns MF in whole, and lets the NRA get back speaking on my behalf, one of the reasons I became a Lifetime Member.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 6:57:22 PM EST
Almost 2 months with no replies. I think it warrants a bump, or it could be that my thread is as interesting as wet paint.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 6:56:13 AM EST
Originally Posted By txgp17:
Almost 2 months with no replies. I think it warrants a bump, or it could be that my thread is as interesting as wet paint.

Most likely. And you provide no detail.

I have no idea who will win. It seems sort of an odd case.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 12:23:41 PM EST
Originally Posted By JonnyVain:
And you provide no detail.
Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission is an ongoing legal case in which the United States Supreme Court will decide whether a politically charged film can be defined as a "campaign ad" under the Bipartisan Campaign Reform Act, commonly known as the McCain-Feingold Act. This case is an appeal from a lower court case of the same name from 2008, in which the United States District Court for the District of Columbia sided with the Federal Election Commission (FEC) that Hillary: The Movie could not be shown on television right before the 2008 Democratic primaries under the McCain-Feingold Act. Legal scholar Erwin Chemerinsky called it “one of the most important First Amendment cases in years.”
Top Top