Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 9/13/2002 10:19:09 AM EDT
Did anyone else notice the Pres. and others praising the passengers of Flight 93 as "Citizen Soldiers?" Isn't there another word for that term? Hmmmm....what is it, no? Oh yea, Militia. Do you think they are finally getting it? Na, me neither.
Link Posted: 9/13/2002 10:28:35 AM EDT
No, they don't grok. If I carry a weapon illegally and am forced to defend my life, I probably won't be charged (or at least not convicted), given the circumstances. If I carry illegally and get searched for some other reason, I will get arrested and probably sent to jail. What really sucks is that the two cases above would be treated so differently based on [b]external forces beyond my control[/b], which occurred after my decision to carry. In the second case, I would be penalized because somebody didn't try to kill me. Similarly, even the liberals do a good job of praising heroism like that shown on Flight 93, but they are paralyzed in fear by the thought of me having a pocketknife on the plane.
Link Posted: 9/14/2002 6:59:43 PM EDT
Of course...look at their clamor of that photo from the LA riots. (Korean storeowners with TEC9 / KG99's). They never fired a shot, and their store remained standing, and open, during the rioting. Funny how the evil guns didn't just start shooting the owner's family and friends on their own...isn't that what happens when one of "those" guns is around? Tango7
Link Posted: 9/14/2002 7:18:29 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/14/2002 7:28:37 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Troy: Actually, MANY of those Korean store owners fired MANY shots. They didn't kill anyone, but they did contact a few times, and successfully ran off the looters. We are ALL militia. -Troy
View Quote
And they ALL said, Amen. AB
Link Posted: 9/14/2002 7:56:13 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/14/2002 8:04:01 PM EDT
They weren't soldiers. Soldiers are armed.
Link Posted: 9/15/2002 9:34:25 AM EDT
Don't know about you, but I'm armed whether I'm carrying weapons or not.
Originally Posted By KEA: They weren't soldiers. Soldiers are armed.
View Quote
Top Top