BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/3/2002 9:55:58 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 5:50:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 6:06:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Aero E, I missed this. Is this another wannabe?

The Citabria 7GCBC caught my eye. Few know what a Citabria is, let alone flew one. I had one guy tell my all the precision approaches he shot and how many hours he had in is log book only to find out later he never pushed a throttle or knew what a checklist was. It was all PC MSFS hours but to listen to him, you would have thought he'd been a pro for years.

I'll go search for this post....
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 6:55:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 10:24:04 AM EDT
[#4]
What do you expect from a 16 year old guys?
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 10:36:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Isn't this the same guy who (recently) claimed that his daddy dropped a BG with one shot of his issue .45, while his buddy used 2.7 "clips" (do the math, it's hilarious) full of 9mm before the guy dropped?  He claimed the .45 will go through "anything" and still keep going.  He was replying in response to a ? about the P220 and the P226.
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 10:43:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Few know what a Citabria is, let alone flew one.

View Quote

Nice plane,  Too bad it's not aerobatic.

[:D]
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 10:58:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Few know what a Citabria is, let alone flew one.

View Quote

Nice plane,  Too bad it's not aerobatic.

[:D]
View Quote

It's not? Oops! [;)]
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 11:03:59 AM EDT
[#8]
I have the opinion that student pilots should be 18 to solo. Now before some of you get your panties all in a knot, I soloed on my 16th birthday. I was nowhere NEAR responsible enough to act as PIC of an airplane and I haven't met too many 16 yr olds that are. Some of them aren't even responsible enough to drive a car.
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 11:23:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 11:32:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 11:38:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Doo Yoo meen this giy??? Oh, he's a genious alright....

..from Citabria
p220 is a .45 , but 9mm sucks anyway. in situations when you may need to kill someone fast. .45 has better stoping power. 9mm just basiclly annoys the person. you have to shoot at least 6 or more shots before the guy stops to think he got hit. on the 9mm. after one .45 the guy is down fast with one maybe 2 shots. My dad is a Houston P.D. and he carries a sig p220 .45 he got into a shoot out with a guy and it took 1 shot to end the situation. his buddy who got into another shoot out months later, used a 9mm. it took 2.5 clips to stop the guy. see the difference. Go with the SIG P220 .45 it is the best. durable too! goes through anything and still shoots!

His daddy...and his [b]clips[/b].
9mm sucks?

Whats up with these kids today?
[b][blue]NAKED[/blue][/b]
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 12:15:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Doo Yoo meen this giy??? Oh, he's a genious alright....

..from Citabria
p220 is a .45 , but 9mm sucks anyway. in situations when you may need to kill someone fast. .45 has better stoping power. 9mm just basiclly annoys the person. you have to shoot at least 6 or more shots before the guy stops to think he got hit. on the 9mm. after one .45 the guy is down fast with one maybe 2 shots. My dad is a Houston P.D. and he carries a sig p220 .45 he got into a shoot out with a guy and it took 1 shot to end the situation. his buddy who got into another shoot out months later, used a 9mm. it took 2.5 clips to stop the guy. see the difference. Go with the SIG P220 .45 it is the best. durable too! goes through anything and still shoots!

His daddy...and his [b]clips[/b].
9mm sucks?

Whats up with these kids today?
[b][blue]NAKED[/blue][/b]
View Quote

ROTFLMAO...Stop - you're killing me!

"he carries Sig p220 .45"... WOW!! Gee, we're all real impressed down here!!

"goes through anything" even [b]plywood[/b]?! Golly-Double-WOW Wally!! [:O]

And it took "2.5 clips" with a 9mm to stop him!! Oh, boy - and it only took that many to finally land one on target?? Gee-Willickers... I usually go through at least 4.37 clips to finally land one center of mass shot!

9mm is "annoying"??  Okay, that's it... who wants to get in line behind me to "annoy" this zit-popping, homeroom-flunking, bed-wetting, voice-still-cracking, son of a Houston "P.D."?

Link Posted: 3/4/2002 12:33:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 12:40:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
His dad being a cop explains part of his problem.[;)]
View Quote

C'mon now, everyone knows that "9mm just basiclly annoys the person"
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 12:50:13 PM EDT
[#15]
*ring* *ring*  Moe's tavern, Moe speaking,
Ah, yea, I'm looking for a Mr. Jass, first name Hugh....
OK, hold on, HEY EVERYBODY, LISTEN UP...I'm looking for a Hugh Jass, anyone seen a Hugh Jass ??? Awww, come on, why can't I find a Hugh Jass !!!!
Hey, wait a minute, WHY YOU LITTLE @#%^&* IF I EVER GET MY HANDS ON YOU.......
BWWWAAHHHAAAAAA!!!!!!!!
*click*
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 12:51:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
His dad being a cop explains part of his problem.[;)]
View Quote

C'mon now, everyone knows that "9mm just basiclly annoys the person"
View Quote

I used to throw 9mm brass at my brother, and it annoyed him. does that count? he would usually beat me to a pulp when i annoyed him....
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 1:20:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 2:23:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Picture 3 looks like son of Chief Wiggins.

Edited to add a truly genius sig line [:D]
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 2:46:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 2:48:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 2:57:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Come on guys, give the little bastard a break, he probably gains all his self worth by thinking that someone here might actually take his comments seriously.  Don't make him cry by posting meanie comments about him!  Ya never know, he might actually be old enough to buy a gun in 4 years.
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 3:23:38 PM EDT
[#22]
let me clear up the missunderstanding.  i started when iwas 13, and now i just turned 17.  that means i am going to get my liscence this year.  sorry for the misunderstanding, i was distracted while i typed that.  if you have any good tips when i take my test soon, i am willing to listen.  another thing, dont assume i did low end crap. i started at TEXAS TAILDRAGGERS when it was at andrau airport.  i was just 13 when i started.  what i type was mostly true, but there may have been a miscomunication.  at age 16 i did get my solo, and just turned 17.  this means i am going to get my liscence soon.  so flying w/ friends and family is not what happend. i am being trained still with TEXAS TAILDRAGGERS.  only now it is located at AXH.  i also have 120+ hours of dual/PIC time.  if you dont belive me, fly down to AXH and find out.  once again, if there was a misunderstanding, i am very sorry.  
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 3:39:52 PM EDT
[#23]
I like Citabrias... except when the darn wing separation indicator lights up... that always pisses me off....

[-=(_)=-]
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 3:47:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 3:53:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 4:03:35 PM EDT
[#26]
i didnt say i did areobatics. so i dont know about the entry speed on a decatholon.  i think its 140knots.  sorry i suck at spelling.
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 4:07:49 PM EDT
[#27]
I've never flown a plane before.  I don't know what a Citabia is.  But this thread is hilarious!
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 4:25:36 PM EDT
[#28]
I am kinda new around here and I don't know what 7GCBC previous comments/claims have been.  

I do know however that while teaching students that if asked about their progress they will state as much good about themselves as possible.  I've even been guilty of this a few times.  I really think that learning to fly is a great thing for us younger people and does teach good judgement and descision making skills.  The age for it really depends on the person involved but my general feeling is introducing people to flying at as young of an age as they are ready for it is advantageous.  

Link Posted: 3/4/2002 4:33:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
i didnt say i did areobatics. so i dont know about the entry speed on a decatholon.  i think its 140knots.  sorry i suck at spelling.
View Quote

It's been a few years since I've flown one, but I think it's around 120kts.
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 4:37:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

It's been a few years since I've flown one, but I think it's around 120kts.
View Quote

Is that a pre-ban or post ban?
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 4:41:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 5:00:01 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 5:01:42 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 5:07:45 PM EDT
[#34]
http://www.bellanca-championclub.com/
I have flown  a Piper J-5 as a student pilot, and in my friend's Aeronca Champ, and then in hos Citabria, they are great planes, slow, his Citabria had inverted fuel and oil and was aerobatic. The J-5 was limited  to what it could do but I did Barrel Rolls, loops and spins no problem.
As for the kid, hey he has to learn, if he wants to act big, zip it here and do that at Nick site.
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 5:18:01 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 5:43:47 PM EDT
[#36]
You guys are BRUTAL I mean really BRUTAL...LOL
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 7:06:50 PM EDT
[#37]
Hi Citabria, since you have a cool screenname, and you are a future pilot, I just had to stop by to give you some advice.

First, don't bullshit a bullshitter.
The guys and girls on this board know guns.  More than you could imagine.  

They also apparently know airplanes. Some have over 7000 hours. So bragging about 120 hours of dual received is kinda silly.
When you talk smack about either subject, the guys here will delight in ridiculing you.

If you genuinely want to learn, and if you ask reasonable questions, the folks here will teach you all they know.  They will take you under their wing, so to speak.

Also use the spell check.  You loose a lot of credibility if you don't.  The spell check feature does not work on my computer, so I cut and paste onto CS e-mail to spell check.  It's worth the extra 20 seconds.  In flying, paying attention to the details helps to keep you alive.

Always deal with facts, and never make assumptions when it comes to your flying.  12 friends of mine are not around anymore because they got careless or just plain unlucky.
The same advice hold true for shooting.

Sorry to lecture, but you will get a lot of knowledge from this board and I would hate to see you get laughed off of it.  After all, us pilots and gun-nuts, have to stick together!

Lastly, though having a big ego is required to be a good pilot, you also have to be humble, self depreciating, and Always aware of your limitations.

Welcome aboard, sit back, relax, and enjoy the flight.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top