Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/15/2005 6:30:46 AM EDT
On what kind of property is this nut and her hippy friends camping on?  Is it public or private?
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 6:35:52 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm under the impression it's private property. But I really haven't been paying the whacko much attention.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 6:37:07 AM EDT
[#2]
I think it is a public road easement.  In other words, the ditch next to the road that the county would own and maintain for drainage.

G
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 6:45:35 AM EDT
[#3]
If they are on county land, can't the Sheriff just run them off?  I figure that would get him positive votes in Texas.  If they are on private land, then who ownes it, and why are they supporting these hippy scum?
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 6:48:58 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
If they are on county land, can't the Sheriff just run them off?  I figure that would get him positive votes in Texas.  If they are on private land, then who ownes it, and why are they supporting these hippy scum?

+1.  Don't you guys have vagrancy laws over there?
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 6:52:57 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Conservatives are the only people who actually value and respect the right to free speech and dissent. I suspect that it is politically smart, as well as constitutionally sound, to accommodate the moonbats as long as they aren't destroying property or blocking traffic. It's usually liberals who push for selective application of the law to silence criticism. Running them off, even if they are in plain violation of the law, would cause them and every lefty jackass in the country to declare the campers to be spiritual heirs of the Selma marchers, and the sheriff to be a 21st Century Bull Connor. Why give them the half-assed martyrdom they crave?
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 6:59:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Do these retards remind anyone of the Jerry Clower skit about hippie protesters?

1st Hippie laying in the road" Here comes a car"
2nd hippie " I can read the license plate, O-H-I-O......Ohio"
Screeeeeeeeeech as that car hits the brakes.

1st hippie " Here comes another car"
2nd hippie "I can read that one too, it's M-I-S-S-I" thump-thump
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 7:02:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
If they are on county land, can't the Sheriff just run them off? I figure that would get him positive votes in Texas. If they are on private land, then who ownes it, and why are they supporting these hippy scum?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Conservatives are the only people who actually value and respect the right to free speech and dissent. I suspect that it is politically smart, as well as constitutionally sound, to accommodate the moonbats as long as they aren't destroying property or blocking traffic. It's usually liberals who push for selective application of the law to silence criticism. Running them off, even if they are in plain violation of the law, would cause them and every lefty jackass in the country to declare the campers to be spiritual heirs of the Selma marchers, and the sheriff to be a 21st Century Bull Connor. Why give them the half-assed martyrdom they crave?

I see what your saying brother, but the Sheriff has to protect the rights of the people who have to live there.  
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 7:02:54 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I value and respect the right to free speech and dissent but from what I heard on the news last night the good folks of Crawford, TX are getting pretty pissed off at all of the moonbats decending upon their town.  And there are more and more coming everyday.

I think the question here is:  At what point does the right to free speech intrude upon the rights of others to enjoy their lives?
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 3:57:52 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Conservatives are the only people who actually value and respect the right to free speech and dissent.

So you are saying it was liberals who were physically blocking school integration 50 years ago, who blocked the civil rights marchers 40 years ago, etc? Be careful of what you claim; there have historically been plenty of conservatives who were anything BUT forgiving or open minded.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 4:00:04 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Conservatives are the only people who actually value and respect the right to free speech and dissent.

So you are saying it was liberals who were physically blocking school integration 50 years ago, who blocked the civil rights marchers 40 years ago, etc? Be careful of what you claim; there have historically been plenty of conservatives who were anything BUT forgiving or open minded.

Do you know what tense of the verb "to be" is represented by the word "are?"
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 4:01:02 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If my memory serves me, Democrats were the ones stonewalling much of the civil rights stuff back in the 50s and 60s.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 4:05:27 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
If my memory serves me, Democrats were the ones stonewalling much of the civil rights stuff back in the 50s and 60s.

Just because they may have been democrats doesn't mean they were liberals, esp from the South. Republicans were from the party of the hated Lincoln to those guys still fighting the Civil War, after all.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 4:05:57 AM EDT
[#13]
Please repost this in one of the 300 Cindy threads that we already have going.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top