Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/18/2003 6:25:26 PM EDT
Marlboro reds: Classic but not that great.  Good bold flavor but a little to much nicotine for me. 7/10

Marlboro Lights: Doesn't pack all the punch of  its big bro, but has a bad aftertaste. 6/10

Marlboro Menthol Milds:  Tried a couple packs a few months back..good, but the menthol thing gets old soon.  Like taking medicnce after awhile.  Maybe a once a year pack. 6/10

Winston/Winston Lights:  Yech.. I really don't like the "no bull" thing.  I like my cigs to have some chemicals.  Harsh on the throat with big bold natural taste.   5/10

Camel:  Nice cig or "fag" as the brits say, but too much nicotine for me.  7/10

Camel lights:  My personal favorite.  Good flavor and mild nicotine levels.  Great taste with Turkish tobbacco w/ american tobacco. 9/10

Basic Lights: Better than Marlboro and cheaper. 7/10

GT One:  Basically the cheap version of Marlboro, good if on a budget.  6/10

Newport/Newport Lights:  Not bad for a menthol. 7/10

So whats your brand...
and before you call me a smoke whore I smoke about 6 cigarettes a day.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 6:28:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Smoking SUCKS, and I wish I had NEVER started!  That said, man oh MAN do I loves me a Marlboro Red outta the box.  I am now going to go out on my deck and have one.  Thanks for reminding me.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 6:30:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I smoke Marlboro 27's. They are not as harsh as reds (which i used to smoke) and not as light as lights (which i always hated). They are like Camel Lights but with a better aftertaste.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 6:33:58 PM EDT
[#3]
I smoked for 2 years and when I got tired of it I just quit. I don't see what the big deal is about quitting.  When I did smoke I rolled my own using Zig Zag tobacco with a strawberry rolling paper.  If you smoke a non-filtered cigerette you'll get more nicotine but that nicotine will stay in your system longer so in the long run you'll smoke less.  Low nicotine cigs are a ploy by the cigarette companies to sell more smokes. It's like light beer, it's got less alcohol so you'll end up drinking more to catch a buzz then if you just drank regular beer.   Roll your own and you'll save money and get better tobacco to boot.  Try it, you might like it.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 6:38:52 PM EDT
[#4]
I roll my own, I dont have a specific brand as I try new stuff all the time. I do use zig zag paper though
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 6:39:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Started smoking Marlboro Reds when I was 21, at 22 I discovered that smoking was for loosers so I quit - that was 25 years ago.
Not making judgements because I smoked - Marlboro Reds....
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 6:43:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Been smoking since I was 17 courtesy  of uncle sam, yeah, take a smoke break, cigerates 25 cents a pack, and free in the c rats. I say if your going to do something that is not healthy, go the route, smoke Lucky Strikes, non filter for the last 35 years. If you don't smoke , you would have to be a royal asshole to start. This public service message has been brought to you by cyanide.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 6:49:08 PM EDT
[#7]
LOL, when I did buy a pack it was either Luckies or Camels(both un-filtered). I have to agree with ya', if you're going to smoke then SMOKE for God sake.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 7:17:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Smoked for 15 years.  Mainly Marlboro branded.  Swapped between lights, mediums, reds, and ultra lights at the end.  Put them all down over a year and a half ago.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 7:42:31 PM EDT
[#9]
crawdads: they got a mild flavor but lots of bite!
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 7:59:34 PM EDT
[#10]
I haven't tried Marlboro Menthol Milds yet.....do they make Menthol Light Milds
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 8:02:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Newports.  I switched from Marlboro Red to Newports because of a girl, and got hooked on the menthol.  I did find one good thing.  Not many people like them so there are fewer grubs.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 8:15:04 PM EDT
[#12]
I roll my own.

Well, actually, I make my own. I switched this past year from rolling to an injection device. I use Rayo 6.5mm tubes and a light packing of a fine cut flue cured virginia with a bit of cherry flavor to it.

A nice, strong, short smoke. Packing it a bit more densely can make them last a lot longer, as can moving up to an 8mm tube. I can't hardly stand the smell of mass produced smokes anymore.

Oh, and Im paying about $1.50/20 after all is said and done.

ETA: Store bought smokes are dried out, hot, and harsh. Mine get that way if I leave em out for a few days. You gotta keep it at a good level of humidity and it will improve the smoke significantly. The very same rules apply as with cigars.

Jonathan
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 8:30:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Marlboro Reds here  and for about 25 years now too      Just think of all the Damn guns I could have bought with that money
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 8:48:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 9:31:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Camel Non-filters  11/10
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 10:22:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Marlbro, I really wish I could quit, just cant seem to kick them.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 10:30:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Marlboro Regulars/Reds. I would give them a 9/10. They leave a good aftertaste, they're a short smoke* The only thing I dislike about them is that they can be a bit harsh from time to time.

Link Posted: 11/18/2003 10:35:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 10:39:36 PM EDT
[#19]
MMMM.... Camel Wide, first one floored me. Left me sittin in the yard thinkin about it for a bit. Then I got up and got more. They were buy four get four Free (you bastards).[cough break]
Now its Marlboro Medium in da Box. Too true about them all being too dry. Roll is much moister, but the end of a can tastes like poo, also.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 10:44:37 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I haven't tried Marlboro Menthol Milds yet.....do they make Menthol Light Milds

Menthol smoker here. I normally prefer Marlboro or Camel menthols, but they were out the last time I went to buy them. They had plenty of Marlboro Menthol Milds though...

I would rate 6 or 7 out of 10. A bit on the weak side.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top