Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/19/2002 9:21:21 PM EDT
"If you are not Liberal by the time you are twenty, you have no heart.  If you are not Convervative by the time you are thrity, you have no brain."

I turned thirty at the beginning of the month (02JUN2002,) and got to thinking about that - apparently, I have NEVER had a heart.  

Never have I gone thru the "brainless Liberal" stage - neither has anyone else in my family.  I'd like to know about the rest of you - anyone else like this?

FFZ
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 9:41:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 10:09:48 PM EDT
[#2]
It's funny.  I always considered myself moderately liberal. Born and raised in Western Massachusetts, came to Georgia in my early 20's, worked in the Civil Rights Movement in the 60's, voted Democrat right up to Bill Clinton's first election.  Now I consider myself a Rpublican "leaner".  I'll still vote for a Democrat if he has attitudes I agree with, but more and more it's the Republican I'm agreeing with.

What's really wierd,tho, is that my ideas about what's right and proper HAVEN'T CHANGED. It's the partys that have changed. More and more, the Republican is espousing ideas that the Democrats used to believe in; while the Dems have just gone out into the stratosphere with their notions.  
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 10:35:32 PM EDT
[#3]
At first I followed what my mother (a school teacher) believed and I [i]was[/i] a democrat.

Now, I lean more toward republican candidates but really wish more libertarian candidates would win.

If I see an election where a libertarian has a good chance of winning, thats where my vote may go.

There are a few democrats who I support, e.g.- Roderick Wright (D-Ca) who is very pro 2nd., but I really HATE the agenda of the democratic party. They seem to have lost their souls and conscience - too much "feel good" politics.

Yes, that may be said of the republicans as well but there is much less of it within their ranks and I [b]surely[/b] won't support [b]anyone[/b] who wishes to take away my rights.

I haven't done it yet but I may soon  
re-register as either an independant or a libertarian - most likely libertarian.
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 3:41:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Having been told by a woman, "you're drunk, very drunk", without hesitation Churchill replied; "and you madame are ugly very ugly,  in the morning I shall be sober"
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 3:48:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Don't know if this one is urban legend, but it's pretty funny...

Churchill asks a lady, "Madame, would you bed the Prince of Wales for one million pounds?"

She replies, "Why yes, I probably would."

"Well then, would you go to bed with me for 50 quid?"

"Why of course not!  What kind of lady do you think I am?"

"Madam, I think we've already established that, we're just negotiating the price."
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 4:02:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Anyone who votes for a Democrat [u]now[/u], is an idiot IMHO, even if the DEMO is a gun nut like us!

Why?

Cause Power in Washington, [u]Real[/u] Power, is based simply upon [u]party[/u] affiliation. Nothing more.

So John Dingell (D-MI) can be as pro-gun as any of us, he can sit on the NRA Board of Directors, and can come to the next BRC, but when the House of Representatives sits down in January, 2003, and there is an almost even split of GOP and DEMOS, our friend, John Dingall, will vote, along with the rest of his party faithful, for Richard Gephardt (D-MO) as [b]Speaker of the House![/b]

So with the Speakership, Gephardt will decide committee chairmen, calendars, who gets to speak, what bills are brought up for action by the House and what bills are not, and just about every other consequential decision to be made by that body.

So John Dingell can start filing bills in support of the RKBA, along with his GOP friends, and claim that he's doing his part for our freedoms, but in truth he has just helped the DEMOS put the kibosh on any pro-RKBA agenda.

Simple enough?

Same with the Senate.

And anyone who votes Libertarian in this time of national crisis has no brain at all!

Libertarians cannot see the difference between a House run by Newt Gingrich in 1995 and a House run by Richard Gephardt in 2003!

What's more they will even claim there would be no difference!

What a joke! Who ARE these people?

The geeks who have gotten old enough to vote, still can't get the girls, but worship Ayn Rand, whose idea of liberty was quite at odds with the ideals held by the Founding Fathers.

Yes, let's let these folks guide us!

[b]At least Sept 11th removed 'unrestricted, unlimited immigration' from their pointy headed party philosophy![/b]

Well, maybe not from all of them, e.g. Harry Browne.

Eric The(Pizzed)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 4:36:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Uh-oh.

Somebody just poked the Libertarians in the eye.

[size=1]That said, "somebody" is right. [/size=1]

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top